The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro - Aircraft / Liveries

Pedantic G

A couple of questions for the Tower 3d Pro experts!

Building some new schedules based on actual data and get that you need to check that the particular airport I am building for a) has the particular airline (ie the airlines.txt file) and b) the aircraft type (ie the aircraft.txt file).

How can you tell that particular aircraft will actually show up with a proper livery and not just a vanilla livery? We are all aware of the generic E75 issue on all airports but in some of ATControl schedules I have watched or played some of the overseas aircraft have no liveries at all.

Can't seem to find a particular file in the individual airport folders that show a individual operator livery vs plane type file (unless I am being completely stupid) or indeed one in the overall Feel There folders?

Is there one anywhere or am I missing something?

Gazza

Seek and ye shall find! :)

All your RC files are installed in your [tower root]\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks folder. If you look at the ".manifest" files in a text editor, you'll see a list of the available liveries. The format is XXXX_yy where XXXX is the aircraft type and yy is the IATA code of the airline. 

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

Yes one for each airport. If you are seeing strange characters you are not looking at the correct files - they should be very small in size. 

These are the files I am seeing Craig which match the airports I have (thanks for the list above). I guess it's the .manifest ones but can't seem to open them.

5a8c7e3e5ff38_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.aebf846e8fd894a608f086f71fe4eba4.png

Curious?  Is the goal to try and determine a way to create the liveries for airlines/aircraft that do not currently have any?  If so, I am very interested in what you discover as this is a nice gap to fill.  

Thanks for all of your efforts!! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for updates

1 hour ago, Hindsave said:

Curious?  Is the goal to try and determine a way to create the liveries for airlines/aircraft that do not currently have any?  If so, I am very interested in what you discover as this is a nice gap to fill.  

Thanks for all of your efforts!! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for updates

Nice goal, but not currently possible.  

• 5 months later...

there is a way to do what your trying to do but you have to either create your own livery or you have to find the files on the net to replace the other files with and that can be a little tricky, but it can be done might also even take some time to either download or use like photoshop to create the livery

4 hours ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

there is a way to do what your trying to do but you have to either create your own livery or you have to find the files on the net to replace the other files with and that can be a little tricky, but it can be done might also even take some time to either download or use like photoshop to create the livery

It can be done? If that's the case you'd be the first one to do it. Care to show us examples/proof?

1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

please do show i would love to be able to have different liveries for the same airline

You can’t have different liveries for the same type of aircraft for the same company in this game.  If you load any airport, every A319 will display 1 livery regardless of how many are packed into real color packs.  This game does not utilize new age technology such as gates or arrays (that’s programming lingo).   

But since you wish for everything on this forum, you can put this on your wish list for the next version of the game 

I have the liveries but all I was saying is that you have to be careful with what your doing, as it might do something weird to the game, I am still messing with a few things but I will let you know what I figure out I have friends that are hackers and they said that there is no such things as a program that can't be changed with a things like this, so I will get back to ya'll once I play around with a few things and get with me hacker friends.

Good news @alaskaGuy2018, you have the liveries! Which liveries?

While we all wait for your hacker friends to show us how to do this (or preferably give us their results), may I recommend that you spend the waiting time learning English grammar, punctuation and spelling? You don't want to come across as an illiterate such as Mike1960 or @shyguyseattle.

Have fun buddy!

I am.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

one of my hacker friends said that is has to do with either the Texture.cfg file or a file that would say aircraft.cfg file one of those or even both is what would have to be changed but like I said I will back to ya'll when I am able to 

It’s probably in your best interest to stop and step back from reverse engineering the game.   It’s prob also in your best interest to not discuss hacking on this forum.  Don’t forget...you’re bound by terms of the game when you first installed.  Feelthere I’m sure has recourse action should you violate the terms.  

1 hour ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

one of my hacker friends said that is has to do with either the Texture.cfg file or a file that would say aircraft.cfg file one of those or even both is what would have to be changed but like I said I will back to ya'll when I am able to 

Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll let you fight the legal battles for violating all sets of laws all by yourself. 

However, if it happens to go to court I plan to watch/travel by catching a flight on a plane with an old Alaska or Virgin America livery.    

• Haha 2