The simFlight Network Forums

FSuipc 5 causing stuttering and disapearing from Addon Menu

Hi Pete,

Im a long time user of FSUIPC and Unfortunatly have never come across anything like this....

I install the latest version of FSUIPC 5for P3D v4.2, (all legit registered copy before anyone asks, which can be seen in the attached video below), when I boot up P3d, I am now suffering stuttering and when I click onto the Add-ons menu it immediatly closes, for the brief millisecond it is up you can see FSuipc at the bottom of said menu, but it then dissapears. After FSuipc dissapears from the Add-ons menu the stuttering all but stops.

I have attached a video showing this along with the installlog

You will find the video in the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37uejg82wlqksuk/2018-02-24 15-17-23.mp4?dl=0

Many thanks

Grant Sproson

FSUIPC5 Install.log

FSUIPC5.log

17 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

please use latest FSUIPC5123e.zip , unzip the files and place them in ..\Modules\ folder. When asked then confirm to overwrite the existing file.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

The one shown in the video was the latest installer (Was recorded this afternoon), turns out the only way to resolve this was to roll back to the B version.

Hi Thomas,

I encountered the same problem and 5.123c  solved the problem.

However, my WideFS7 registration has been cancelled in FSUIPC 5.

In the FSUIPC.key file, both the FSUIPC and WIDEFS registration info are present.

I am using the WIDEFS key that I got when purchasing the FSUIPC4 + WIDEFS7 package.

This WIDEFS key was accepted by FSUIPC5 before I overwrite the DLL file with 5.123c.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Many thanks.
Denis.

I just did a flight in the PMDG 747 in P3Dv4.2 with FSUIPC 5.123e installed, and the FSUIPC option did appear in the P3D Add On drop down menu, but selecting it did nothing.  FSUIPC was still working in the background, though, as my flight controls and several remote apps that work via WideFS continued to operate.  My Lua scripts stopped operating at that point, however.  Oddly, one of the applications that uses the position freeze feature by setting a value in offset 3541 did freeze the acft position, which remained frozen indefinitely until I recoded the program to explicitly write a 0 to the offset upon exit.  According to the docs, the value written to the byte at 0x3541 should decrement every 55 ms or so until it hits zero and unfreezes the sim--that wasn't happening.  I couldn't look at offset 3541 using the logging function because of the aforementioned failure to bring up the menu when selected from the dropdown.

The FSUIPC.log file shows no signs of trouble...I've included it here in case you want to look.

Also, when running the PMDG 747 I am getting a consistent and reproducible CTD any time I try to start a program that writes to the simconnect window using FSUIPC...Radar Contact and PF3 in particular do this.  Pro ATC/X, which does not use FSUIPC, works, albeit with the other issues present with keystroke capture new to v4.2.  If I start a flight using the default F-22, start Radar Contact and get a normal simconnect window, and then switch to the PMDG 747, the Simconnect window stays open for the duration of the flight and works OK.  I don't expect you to be able to fix this, but I mention it as perhaps it may lend a clue as to what's happening with FSUIPC, Simconnect, and P3Dv4.2

Regards

Bob Scott

FSUIPC5.log

Hi,

5 hours ago, dk737747 said:

Hi Thomas,

I encountered the same problem and 5.123c  solved the problem.

However, my WideFS7 registration has been cancelled in FSUIPC 5.

In the FSUIPC.key file, both the FSUIPC and WIDEFS registration info are present.

I am using the WIDEFS key that I got when purchasing the FSUIPC4 + WIDEFS7 package.

This WIDEFS key was accepted by FSUIPC5 before I overwrite the DLL file with 5.123c.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Many thanks.
Denis.

as with P3Dv4.2 FSUIPC5.123c doesn't connect to P3D it cannot have solved the problem in this Topic. Also you describe a problem that is not related to this Topic and confuses, please always open a new Topic if there is no relation like here.

A existing WideFS key for FSUIPC4 has to be used with its original at the time used email address. The name was of course the same and so it is not asked.

Thomas