The simFlight Network Forums

Setting IAS in Majestic Dash 8 Q400 (Moved from "User Contributions")

Hi!

I'm trying to find a way to map controller buttons to increment and decrement the desired IAS in the Majestic Q400. Reading through forum posts in various places I managed to find the ...\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\doc\scripts\VariableMaps.xlsx spreadsheet. This seems to have a wealth of useful information - if you know how to use it. In the AFCS sheet there I could find the lines below:

image.thumb.png.6051cb9088cec5c82ee4f29a32ac9353.png

This appears to indicate that there are input variables (LVARS? offsets?) B812 and B813 that appear to control IAS (if you're in IAS mode). If there is some way to get FSUIPC to control these then maybe I can get a controller button to increment and decrement or set with a pot axis. But I have no idea how I would do that.

BTW, I have FSUIPC paid version, so I have access to all the functionality there, and I don't have LINDA...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arnon

Hi,

You should look for the documentation of the Majestic XML interface. Search for the file "MJC84_XML_IF_1008.zip"  . The interface works in a way, that you specify the parameter in one L:Var variable and the call the function (via a hash value generated with a provided program) in a second  L:Var variable.

This only can be realized via LUA code. So to use the Majestic interface (only if you own the PRO version), you must be able to program in LUA. Then you are able to mapt this via events to buttons.

Rgds
Reinhard