The simFlight Network Forums

Axis calibration for TCA Throttle Controller PMDG DC-6

Jocko

I am currently attempting to assign throttle axis for the PMDG DC-6 using the Thrustmaster TCA throttle controller.  Being a dual controller, axis 1 & 2 then 3 & 4 have been assigned to each throttle respectively.

I am using the ‘THROTTLE_AXIS_SET_EX1’ designations from the drop down axis list.

Throttles are moving correctly in MSFS, the issue being that due to ‘no calibration’ available in FSUIPC, the throttle reverse latch needs to be lifted to bring the throttles down to idle.  Not particularly practical!

It is my understanding that calibration is possible with this set up via some LUA programming as outlined in a thread back in June.

I am attempting to avoid this if possible.

Is any workaround now possible?

I am currently on FSUIPC7 ver 7.2.8

Any assistance would be appreciated.

For info :-  There was not the need to amend the .ini file to ‘Reverse’

Cheers

Jock

FSUIPC7.ini

7 hours ago, Jocko said:

the throttle reverse latch needs to be lifted to bring the throttles down to idle.

I'm not sure I fully understand...Do you mean on your physical throttle? So you would like to calibrate to use only the forward range on your throttle?

If so, you can calibrate your axis value in a similar way as you would reverse them - see the section Additional parameters to scale input axis values in the Advanced User Guide (P38). 

7 hours ago, Jocko said:

It is my understanding that calibration is possible with this set up via some LUA programming as outlined in a thread back in June.

Do you mean this thread: 

?

If so, I also mention this there.
If this is not your issue, could you clarify please. In fact, it may be better to use that previous thread, as this may (hopefully) attract other DC-6 owners/users. Its also good to keep info about DC-6 throttle set-up in one thread.

23 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I'm not sure I fully understand...Do you mean on your physical throttle? So you would like to calibrate to use only the forward range on your throttle?

Yes, correct

If so, you can calibrate your axis value in a similar way as you would reverse them - see the section Additional parameters to scale input axis values in the Advanced User Guide (P38). 

I have successfully manipulated the .ini file to indicate a presumed zero reading at the idle detent with full reading of  +16383 at the lever max, it would seem.  I took the in/out value of the idle detent in the 'Axis Assignment' window.  Took this value to the .ini file and placed in the appropriate area, as per the doco instructions.

My ageing logic thought that it should have been a + value rather than -.  Not to be, - value won the day!!  Throttle levers move appropriately in the sim.  Will the PMDG AFE and other ancillary goodies work with these ini settings?  Don't know.  Test tomorrow.

Do you mean this thread: 

Yes, indeed

?

If so, I also mention this there.
If this is not your issue, could you clarify please. In fact, it may be better to use that previous thread, as this may (hopefully) attract other DC-6 owners/users. Its also good to keep info about DC-6 throttle set-up in one thread.

23 hours ago, John Dowson said:
  23 hours ago, Jocko said:

John, thank you for your response.  My response to you in red above.

Please accept my apologies, as all the answers were in the Jun 12 thread.  I missed the 'one liner' in regard to an alternative to LUA!

I attach my current .ini file should you have any comments on my amendments.  Not expecting it as I have wasted enough of your time.

Appreciate your support.

Cheers

Jock

FSUIPC7.ini

42 minutes ago, Jocko said:

Please accept my apologies, as all the answers were in the Jun 12 thread.  I missed the 'one liner' in regard to an alternative to LUA!

No problem, easy to miss.

42 minutes ago, Jocko said:

I attach my current .ini file should you have any comments on my amendments.  Not expecting it as I have wasted enough of your time.

As long as its working how you would like it to work you should be fine.  No time wasted,

cheers,

John