The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Disregard. I read the directions. 😄 I'm not sure if *anyone* can download this version. The browsers are all hard-closing the connection, saying "Virus Detected". I have all my anti-virus stuff turned off and browser safety set to "I don't care" Browsers I've tried with no success: Edge Chrome Opera Vivaldi DuckDuckGo Firefox
  3. In MSFS, does this work with a SimObject with a material (RGB colors) rather than a SimObject with texture files? Thanks.
  4. OMG the stupidity continues. Never thought I would need this instruction 😳 (usually I'm the one saying this. 100% thought I checked this already). It all works now using the macros. Thanks for all your help.
  5. What version of the ATR do you have installed? Maybe check for an update. I have just checked here and all is working as expected. On my dev system, I have both condition levers assigned to the same axis, and this works fine: which is using the following presets (in the myevents.txt file): MSATR CONDITION1 LEVER SET2#@ 16384 + 10923 / near 0 max 3 min (>L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS) MSATR CONDITION2 LEVER SET2#@ 16384 + 10923 / near 0 max 3 min (>L:MSATR_CONDITION2_POS) I have also tested with the following macro (ATRCondition.mcro): and have assigned buttons to this, just testing with condition lever 1 only, and setting the parameters on the assignment as such: and they all work as expected. So you are certainly doing something wrong.... Please check that you are using the latest version of the ATR and try the above - either on an axis or buttons or both. If not working, please attach your ini and log files again, the latter with appropriate logging activated (i.e. Extras, Events and Buttons & Keys if using buttons, and Axis Controls if using an axis). Maybe easier if you try the buttons first, but up to you. John
  6. Just tried this, that doesn't work. That is correct (this time tested it with and without engines running) Thanks
  7. No need. I will just use a spare button. You will have to update the scripts I provide for your controller letters, axes letters button numbers and offsets to use anyway. This seems very similar to the Spitfire differential braking, except the control for that was on a brake lever which is an axis. Should be simpler on a button. John
  8. Great, Sir! That’d be amazing! I have a brake “handle” on my X56 HOTAS. I’ll get the Joy Number and Button Number in just a sec.
  9. This post is for the Spitfire brake. I referenced it for you as you need to do something similar for the CJ-6 Nanchang. I will help you with this in the thread where you asked. Once this is done, you can create a User Contribution similar to this to explain to others how to do this in the CJ-6.
  10. Ok, that should be possible via lua. How are you planning to control the "brake handle"? Do you want this assigned on a button or key press? I will take a look and provide you a lua script to test, but it may take several days as I am pretty busy at the moment (well, always!). John
  11. Thanks for looking at this, Sir! It’s weird right? So in the real aircraft 3 things are going on: - First, when one moves the rudder bar, the rudder deflects a proportional amount just like any other aircraft as the two are connected via cable. - Second, when one grasps the “bicycle” brake handle, air from the pneumatic system is sent to both wheel brakes in equal amounts when the rudder bar is centered (not deflected more than 16 degrees either direction). - Finally, when one positions the rudder bar past neutral (anything greater than 16 degrees) with the brake handle also depressed, air from the pneumatic system is metered more toward the deflected side and less from the other side causing a differential braking condition for ground steering. Here is an example: if one wished to make a left turn onto the runway for takeoff, one would first put in left rudder bar deflection (something past 16 degrees of center), then apply a bit of pressure to the brake handle (maybe a couple of quick blips then release). More air going to the left brake will cause the plane to turn left on the ground. As soon as the plane starts turning, one would release the brake handle air pressure but probably keep the rudder bar deflected in case more turn was needed for the runway line up. After a couple more blips of hand braking with the rudder bar deflected, one will take out the rudder bar deflection and brake handle application to let the nose wheel straighten out for the line up (it’s free castering). After the nose wheel is straight one will then apply even braking (centered rudder bar) with the brake handle to come to a complete stop before engine run up for departure. All the while, the rudder deflected with each rudder bar movement a proportional amount independently of the level of brake handle application. So weird… Thanks again for looking. P.S. Yeah, that script in the INI file is just what populated when I tried to set up just the brake deflection with the Add-On menu in PREPAR3D. I definitely didn’t get it right. 😢
  12. Not sure I understand this. The ATR has 2 condition levers that each have 4 discrete ranges. Why don't you just use two of the Bravo axes to control this using those presets? Ok, so setting the L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS and L:MSATR_CONDITION2_POS lvars to a value between 0 - 3 no longer moves the condition lever? That is strange, and something must have changed. I will take a look and get back to you. John
  13. The fuel shutoff positions aren't on an axis, they are using the toggle feather switch 1/2. Everyting else on the condition lever (feather, auto and 100% ovrd) is on an axis (prop pitch 1/2). Using the "Toggle feather 1/2 switch" in FSUIPC works most of the time, but not all the time. So that's why I wanted to use the lvar to control it, as others do as well. The macro files I'm currently using for this are attached. I first used a different macro file that just had the lvar (L:MSATR_CONDITIONn_POS=Set) and I then assigned a value is the button assigment. That didn't work for me, so I assigned the values in the macro file itself (those two files are attached) Edit: What I meant: I want to use the fuel shutoff buttons on the same axis as the condition lever, so that's why I want to use a button for the fuel shutoff (a button has to be pressed for that, the developer didn't put it on the axis of the condition lever) ATRoff.mcro ATRon.mcro
  14. Ah, ok.... Can you attach your macro file please. As the condition lever has 4 discrete positions, I am not sure how you are controlling this on a button. Why don't you use an axis (the Bravo has plenty!) and use the axis presets defined in this post: John
  15. Thanks, Sandy! I’ll take a look although I’m running PREPAR3D w/FSUIPC version 6. The Behr Studio/Sim Market folks say the Chang doesn’t work w/MSFS 2020. 😢
  16. Also, please see this comment on the same issue (PMDG 737 reversers): Also see further down for another possible configuration (I have just asked the user to post his settings). It seems that nothing is perfect for the PMDG 737 reversers - configure and use what mostly works for you. The main issue seems to be a jump from reverse to forward motion when killing reversers which is rather strange! John
  17. I'm soooo encredibly stupid. I'm so sorry for wasting your time. All I had to do was using the reverse thrust with the engines running. Whenever I did a flight I just didn't use them and all the testing I did for this thread was with the engines off. I'm really sorry you trying to help me, but I just had to think with a bit og logic for one second...... Regarding the A320: The thrust reversers didn't work thru FSUIPC because fenix did some funny stuff (they don't use the throttle decr and cut commands like PMDG). Did some better googling this time and found this: Again, so so so sorry for wasting your time. I thought the thrust reverser handles of the 737 would work with the engines off. I didn't even think for one second that the reverser handles moved just very little. Everything works as it should. FSUIPC is great, you and your support are great and I'm just a not thinking idiot. I do have one question left tho about the ATR. I'm trying to bind the condition lever lvars to shut off the fuel, as said in this (and many more) post: I can hear the lever clicking in the sim, but it doesn't move and the engines does shut down. When I set the lvar from the WASM menu to the other positions, that doesn't work either. The ini and log (logged buttons and events) files are attached. The buttons were pressed, but an event didn't happen. There isn't much in the log, scroll all the way down for the buttons and events logged. Thanks again for all the help. Edit: I feel really bad about my stupidity. I hope you aren't mad at me FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log
  18. @C.Schaffhausen said: Could you please share your assignments for this for other users to try. Thanks, John
  19. i have this aircraft now. I can see this brake lever, and it is documented as: 39 Brake grip on Rear Control Stick, Press and hold to set wheel brake active. However, I cannot seem to 'press and hold' this - when I click it, it moves to the right slightly, sends a BRAKES control, and then goes back to its original position. I presume the toe controls only control the rudder (i.e. only lateral movement, no movement on each pedal. How is this supposed to work? Does moving the tie pedals usually control the rudder, and when you want differential braking, you move the brake lever to the right (and hold it) and then use the rudder control for differential braking? You can assign a button or key to the FS control BRAKES, on repeat. This will move the brake lever and keep it in position while the button/key is held. If you then want to use the rudder pedals for differential braking (if the aircraft supports this), you would have to use a lua script to control both rudder and breaking. You would write your rudder axis value to an FSUIPC offset, and then monitor this offset in a lua script. When the offset changes, your handling function will receive the axis value, You then decide if this is a rudder control or a brake control by looking at the state of the brake lever (you can also monitor this to determine if braking or steering). As I now have this aircraft, I can help further, but I need to know how this works in the aircraft, and how you want to assign to reflect this. It seems that if the brake lever is sending the BRAKES control, it isn't doing differential braking. John
  20. For the 737 reversers, rather than sending Throttlen_Cut on the reverser release: try sending an F1 key press instead: Otherwise there are two presets that you can use to kill reverse thrust (i.e. to assign on reverser release): PMDG B737 Eng 1 Reverse Thrust Kill PMDG B737 Eng 2 Reverse Thrust Kill These use the PMDG custom controls: #define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST1_LEVER (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 680) #define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST2_LEVER (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 681) so you can use them directly instead if you don't want to use the presets. John Later: Ah, ok. They seem to work here... Try them anyway, and if not working switch to using those presets.
  21. I haven't logged everything yet, but when using the f1 key, I have the same problem as using the buttons.
  22. Also, please activate logging for Lua Plugins, so that I can se the timestamps of the lua calls to see what is taking time - no other logging necessary, especially NOT Lua Plugins Separately.
  23. The PMDG 737 has always used throttle cut followed by throttle decr to activate reversers - I don't think there are lvars (or custom controls, which is what the PMDG normally will use if the standard controls don't work). But I will take a look later. To diagnose an issue, I always need to see the .ini and .log from the same session/flight, so I will have to look at your previous files. If you update the ini, and would usually need to see the log generated from using that ini. You can opt to not log/ignore such controls (i.e. ones that are continually sent) using the DontLogThese ini parameter, e.g. Those timestamps do not correspond to the log file you have posted.... Please see the following (long) topic on how to assign to the reversers in the 737: I also have this set-up on my Bravo on my flight system for the PMDG 737. I will check if that is working and send you my Bravo config. John
  24. Hello Paul Thanks for your answer. I use my 2 Opencockpits CDU's via SIOC Direct in ProSim737. They are connected with USB 2.0. Unfortunately, I don't know whether the CDU hardware is only considered a keyboard. The CDU buttons don't work when the CDU has the focus. My software runs with a timer and, among other things, queries the position of the flaps for the speed of the trim wheels. I set the timer interval to 50. fsuipc.dll doesn't need the focus to work, I get the offset values even if the CDU has the focus. should I switch to the FSUIPC client version? Thank you for your efforts kind regards Ramon
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.