The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. spokes2112

ipc Lvars read slowly

Wrote a little VB program to convert Simone's original lua to the new style. That took care of a lot of the work quickly :) Yes a lot of events. During logging, watching it load, it took quite a few seconds. Then once it loaded the event listeners took over updating everything - a couple more seconds.. After that it was smooth & responsive. :) I have never seen L:var names change between 32 & 64 bit sims.. XML stays constant between the 2. Ooops.. Yes, that is what I meant. I just hope that the new lua will help Simone. Roman
  3. Pete Dowson

ipc Lvars read slowly

In that case you need to change your Arduino program to use the different offsets if you have to change those. Ah, I see spokes2112 has replied with a solution. Right. So the offsets used are defined in the Arduino program. Is "mobiflight" another software driver? I don't think I know it. I have an Arduino (used with an add-on board to control my 737 magnetically held Starter switches). I don't remember how i programmed the Arduino -- I think I used their software. Ouch! I think you mesn "double word" (DWORD). A "double" is an 8-byte floating point number,. 😉 Wow! That's a lot of work! I've never seen so many events in one plug-in! 😉 Thank you so much for jumping in and helping Simone so comprehensively. He did have me at a loss, not knowing what he was doing. Oh, just noticed. According to your Log, I see you are using FSX. will the P3D4 version of the Maddog still be the same? Most aircraft add-ons need serious changes to work in the 64-bit world. Pete
  4. Today
  5. Gazdon

Tower 3d pro steam update

Just noticed theres an update on steam but the link is dead. Does anyone know where I can get this update? Gaz
  6. spokes2112

ipc Lvars read slowly

Pete, I think this is how he's doing it - MaddogX custom values (non-FS) --> Lua --> FSUIPC Offsets --> Mobiflight <--> Arduino --> Hardware Looked at the Maddog L:vars in the model using a hex editor to find data type to "try" to reduce FSUIPC offset use. It was found that there is too much data to use the "user" available offsets. The original offsets are being used in the "reserved" area. ( they worked before, not correct though!) It is unknown if the Mobiflight/Arduino software will read anything other than a double so the data types remains unchanged. Simone, Reworked the complete lua file & updated all the lvars to MaddogX, tested and it works (see FSUIPC.log) writing to the same offsets that you originally provided. The lua has a plethora of notes within. Attached below. Hope it helps, Roman MADDOG_X.lua MADDOG_LVAR_LIST.txt FSUIPC4.log
  7. sisoffi

ipc Lvars read slowly

Hi Pete, I leaved the Linda and no there is only Fsuipc in the modules. The driver was skalarki board and not assign never in the fuispc offsets. The Board is not in use from me and use Arduino with Mobiflight.
  8. Pete Dowson

ipc Lvars read slowly

It confuses the issues very much. It runs many of its own plug-ins AND external hardware drivers modules. So is there a driver they supply which uses those original offsets you had? That's what I'm still asking, all these times. What is reading those offsets and sending them to your hardware? I've no record of ever assigning any to Skalarki -- they never applied for an assignment. Looking through my records IU see you are encroaching on offsets assigned to others: 6700-67FF = Jean-Michael Biston ("Michael") for Airbus gauges 6800-6BFF = Robert Fischer, FS-Communicator Your last script has a mix of event-driven LVar reading, and a set before it which only execute once, when the script is first started. I think you need to work out what it is you want to do. Just saying you "want it to work" is no use. You need to say exactly what you are trying to do and why. If you have some hardware driver which is using the original offsets you showed, albeit "illegally", then you will need to stick to those and using the formats it requires. But you still say nothing about what is supposed to happen to the offsets you are writing despite my repeated questions about this. In your last effort you changed to proper user offsets but you don't say you changed the hardware driver to match. Sorry, but you are continuing to provide too little detail. Oh, and before you provide another log, make sure Linda isn't running, and enable the Lua logging.option. Pete
  9. We have only 20% for declare features complete phase and after ..... go beta testers!!!
  10. Yesterday
  11. sisoffi

ipc Lvars read slowly

all other Lvars (apart guidance) are only output Leds
  12. sisoffi

ipc Lvars read slowly

Pete, I don't use Linda. I installed it to understand if through its logging I can better understand the lua variables. I can unnistall it. The hardware I still use relies on Skalarki (hardware manufacturer for 320) but no longer supports the md80 anymore since the old version. I reused the same file even on the new version as many Lvars are still in use and I added the new Lvars for guidance/glareshield. Could you help me better solve the script? I tried to insert the one above but it doesn't work.
  13. Pete Dowson

New windows 10 and prosim

Test them first. You need to determine which is which of the two identical units. Pete
  14. Pete Dowson

ipc Lvars read slowly

I see you are using LINDA. I think you may need to ask their support. You are constantly writing zero to those offsets, the ones you will or cannot say why you chose. You still haven't said what it is driving your displays. How can you expect help? The other thing I note is that your Lua plug-in is headed: -- MD80 Interface BY sKALARKI -- LUA Script V 1.0 -- 20.10.2011 2011? That must surely pre-date the MD80 aircraft you are using? What makes you think it is in any way still relevant? Maybe this "sKALARKI" can offer something for your P3D4 version? BTW, the Lua is a bit of a mess. All the part till "--GLARESHIELD" only gets run once, when the plug-in is first loaded. Is that what you really intended? Then, at the end of your Lua plug-in you have "ipc.sleep(50)" which is really unnecessary and is only excuted the once too. and the "end" right at the end is invalide -- there's nothing for it to complete. Pete
  15. Driver170

Thanks pete, i will change them about tonight. Hopefully it goes smoothly 😂
  16. sisoffi

ipc Lvars read slowly

i attach the new log file. The lua script post to spoke2112 doesn't work FSUIPC5.log MADDOG.lua
  17. Pete Dowson

ipc Lvars read slowly

I've no idea what that means1 This is probably because the offsets are being read by something else, which oyu haven't identified, and changing them won't work without changing that too1 WHAT is reading the offsets? Is it the MadDog directly? does it use FSUIPC? Does it say it needs FSUIPC? Pete
  18. Pete Dowson

The GUID and name of the device go hand in hand. They are read from your system as it is now. it is only the IDs which need sorting out. To do this just look as your assignments. Button assignments will bt P, R or U (for Press, repeat or Up) followed by the axis name (X, Y, Z etc). You can see the joystick IDs on screen in the assignments tabs, at the top. Yes, sorry. So, you get the hang of it now? Pete
  19. Driver170

Only buttons i need to assign are these. The rest are through PS [Buttons.PS] 6=P2,4,C65561,0 -{PAUSE_TOGGLE}- 7=R1,3,C65602,0 -{THROTTLE_DECR}- 8=U1,3,C0,0 -{Custom control: <0>}- 9=P1,0,C65752,0 -{PARKING_BRAKES}- 10=U1,0,C65752,0 -{PARKING_BRAKES}- 11=P0,4,C65561,0 -{PAUSE_TOGGLE}- 12=R1,1,C66635,0 -{THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL}- 13=U1,1,C65967,0 -{THROTTLE1_CUT}- 14=R1,4,C66636,0 -{THROTTLE2_DECR_SMALL}- 15=U1,4,C65972,0 -{THROTTLE2_CUT}- 16=R2,5,K190,8 -{Key press: .>key}- 17=R65,0,K190,8 -{Key press: .>key}- 18=R65,1,K190,8 -{Key press: .>key}-
  20. sisoffi

ipc Lvars read slowly

Hi spoke2112, I've tried to use your script but not work. Can you please modify the script directly in the previous? many thanks
  21. sisoffi

ipc Lvars read slowly

Thank you Pete and thankyou Spokes2112. this is in attach the complete Lua script. I see the example and will try it. I have also a reply from maddog team that : "I think it's all backed up by the refresh of the "exposed" variables, he kept it deliberately low for a performance talk" ill try to investigate. MADDOG.lua
  22. Driver170

Sorry pete all a bit daunting at first. If I didn’t have that windows 7 ini file how would i know what ID number goes with what device and GUID? Also you said Unfortunately you have two "Flybycockpits£ devices. You'll need to test your assignments for those. If they are the wrong way around just renumber the 0 to 1 and 1 to 0. Don’t you mean 0 to 2 or 2 to 0 per my windows 7 ini file for FBC ID number?
  23. pete_agreatguy

Voice recognition

Well others haven't reported this. Their issues have always been solved by referring them to the main thread as I did in my original post found here:
  24. Braf123456

Voice recognition

I’m not worried about it I wanted to see if others had a similar problem
  25. christianbt31

FSUIPC and HOTAS

thank you very much, I will try.
  26. Braf123456

Voice recognition

It’s pro
  27. Pete Dowson

ipc Lvars read slowly

The offsets you are using are listed in the FSUIPC Offsets list as "reserved". Why did you choose them? They are listed in the FSUIPC as "reserved". I don't recall what for, but they may be is use for other things. As listed, and as I stated, the offsets free for users to use as they please are 66C0 to 66FF. I have no idea. What is actually reading these offsets to display them? It is that to which you need to refer, surely? I told you earlier and just above (please do read things): 66C0 to 66FF. I see spokes2112 has contributed -- his suggestion looks very good indeed. However, the big question for me is: what is reading these offsets and writing to your displays? The Log file is useless. For some strange reason you are pressing "NEW LOG" -- you did it trice, as indicated here: [Continuation log requested by user] and here: [Log closed by user request, and continued in new file] Please do NOT press NEW LOG. That starts a new blank log and you may lose the important details! Pete
  28. John Dowson

FSUIPC and HOTAS

Sorry, those images are specific to CH throttle calibration software. If you want a reverse zone back from idle on the same axis, then you can set that up in the throttle calibration page - just make sure that 'No reverse Zone' is not checked, and set your idle value (as well as Max (full) throttle and reverse (min) values). Check the calibration section starting on page 40 of the User Guide. John
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.