The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Howahyah?! I am very pleased to share my fifth real-life custom schedule - KBOS - Boston Logan International Like my previous schedules, you will be experiencing traffic in a typical week in the US Northeast. What you see will be what the controllers at Boston saw. Boston Logan is one of the busiest airports in the Northeast, having served almost 41 million passengers in 2018. Many US airlines have a base in Boston, including JetBlue, American, and Delta, and Boston serves as one end of the longest domestic flight in the US, Hawaiian Airlines' non-stop service to Honolulu. International traffic is plentiful, with most of it heading to and from Europe. There is also a massive GA presence, with Boston being a popular place for private jets. As with previous schedules, every effort has been made to use existing Real Color aircraft and liveries. However, there will be a few white aircraft. Like with my previous offerings, you will find, within the main KBOS-battlehawk77 folder, a folder for each day of the week, along with snippet file folders within each day to allow you a smoother and more robust traffic feel. Also included is a listing of the GA operators, a PDF taxi chart, graphic and text files of the traffic levels for each day, and a text file within each day folder of the hourly traffic breakdown. It is recommended to place the KBOS-battlehawk77 folder in your main KBOS folder, then copy and paste the files needed (after you back up the originals, of course). If you have any questions, comments, or notice any bugs, please feel free to message me here or on Discord. Enjoy! Gavin (battlehawk77) KBOS-battlehawk77-v1.0.zip
  3. crbascott

Trainning mode button

@xendra your request for a training button would essentially pause time. I'd say this diminished realism as much than @EliGrim's suggestion. I'd recommend learning how to build custom schedules and thus you could have arrivals/departures appear at the pace you desire. This way you don't have to rely on the developers who definitely won't be adding this to the current version since development stopped well over a year ago.
  4. crbascott

Big News!!! CYVR - Vancouver for Tower3D/Pro is OUT!

It's not "according to me" - I just quoted from AirNav. I was just providing facts regarding magnetic/true headings. I don't have nor do I plan to get CYVR, so I cannot speak to the issue. Actually, I'm surprised you're playing the airport already based on your asterisk filled tirade.
  5. Today
  6. That's ok, but I'll try to give it to you snyway. I think the error is when the Installer tries to change the permissions and finds it can't do it. We never worked out why, because we are following what appear to be the rules -- and it always worked fine on Win 7. Following John's suggestion you changed the rules manually, so it then worked, but the program still tries to change them (it doesn't check to see if they need changing first. John is planning to avoid such problems by using different install methods, but that won't be soon. Too late now, but it is best, really, to avoid installing P3D in Program Files, even though it defaults to that location. Sometimes other third-party addons have difficulties too. This is the reason many say you have to run them with administrative privileges. That shouldn't really ever be necessary. Only Installers should need that. Pete
  7. DeltaVII

It is off. I mean, it's not like you couldn't see it from the orientation of the field in ADIRS alone... UAL1193 lined-up and waiting on 26L with a recorded heading of 284 (see left corner): UAL1193 airborne after giving the instruction to fly the (according to you) true heading 261 (upper right corner): Bonus: This Korean 777 is also a little off the line after arriving at the gate... could that be 23° off?
  8. xendra

Trainning mode button

The control over the sim, isn´t the same. Fast-forward not maintain the time, and time reaction is short for beginners, diminishing realism.
  9. Many thanks John for the very speedy advice ! I tried it out and yes it now works ! Strangely enough for me I still read the same error message in the log file, but as all seems now to work properly I will not ask for further explanations: this forum is not a sw course !! kind regards Onno
  10. You're quite welcome! I'm glad you enjoy it! 🙂
  11. I am sure that the AF 789 will be in the Paris CDG RC when it comes out later in the year. 😉 Sorry to hear about your grandmother. G
  12. Look at the United press release on the new livery and it will tell you all you need to know but they are starting with the B738 which is why Gabor offered to put it into the Vancouver RC at a late stage.
  13. amif2000

Schedule analyzer

This is a short rust program to count the number of departing and arriving flights per hour in a specific airport. Use it by entering the airport code (KATL, LEBL etc.) as a parameter to the exe you created with cargo build Note that you may need to change the path variable to match your Tower3D install folder Also, some airports use a different name for the schedule file and the actual airport name inside that file. The code handles EDDM and LEBL (which I own). You may need to add others. use std::{env, process, fs}; fn main() { let args: Vec<String> = env::args().collect(); if args.len() < 2 { eprintln!("error: missing airport name"); process::exit(1); } let airport_name = &args[1].to_uppercase(); let path = "D:\\Program Files (x86)\\FeelThere\\Tower!3D Pro\\Extensions\\Airfields"; let filename = format!("{}\\{}\\{}_schedule.txt", path, airport_name, airport_name.to_lowercase()); let airport = if airport_name == "EDDM" { "MUC" } else if airport_name == "LEBL" { "BCN" } else { &airport_name[1..] }; let contents = fs::read_to_string(filename) .expect("error: failed to open file"); let mut departures: [u32; 24] = [0; 24]; let mut arrivals: [u32; 24] = [0; 24]; for line in contents.lines() { if line.len() == 0 { continue; } if line.len() >= 2 && &line[0..2] == "//" { continue; } let tokens: Vec<&str> = line.split(",").collect(); let origin_ap = tokens[0].trim(); if origin_ap == airport { let token6 = tokens[6].trim(); let hour: usize = token6[0..2].parse() .expect("illegal number in dep.hour"); departures[hour] += 1; } else { let token5 = tokens[5].trim(); let hour: usize = token5[0..2].parse() .expect("illegal number in arr.hour"); arrivals[hour] += 1; } } println!(" Hour | Dep | Arr |Total|"); println!("-------------------------"); for hour in 0..24 { println!(" {:02} | {:03} | {:03} | {:03} |", hour, departures[hour], arrivals[hour], arrivals[hour] + departures[hour]); } }
  14. alaskaGuy2018

Tower 3D Pro - Real Colors/Aircraft Master List by Airport

I will look at the flight numbers for air France for the 787-9 to Vancouver from Paris at some point today I will not at home in Anchorage I am in Seattle as my grandmother is not doing well and may be gone by monday
  15. alaskaGuy2018

Tower 3D Pro - Real Colors/Aircraft Master List by Airport

I wasn't aware that the United one is but what aircraft type of United has the new livery and was wondering if eventually all of the United aircraft will have the new livery
  16. crbascott

If I'm not mistaken, the game uses the magnetic headings versus true headings. According to AirNav, CYVR has a magnetic variation of 19° East. http://www.airnav.com/airport/CYVR 08L and 08R have a magnetic heading of 062° and true heading of 081°. 26L and 26R have a magnetic heading of 242° and true heading of 261°. 12 has a magnetic heading of 104° and true heading of 123°. 30 has a magnetic heading of 284° and true heading of 303°. The Jeppesen charts I have show 26L/R at 263° with a 17°E variation. Regardless, if 284° is the heading for these runways in the game then something is off.
  17. crbascott

A log file is always created - you can use output_log.txt located in the ...\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\tower3d_Data folder.
  18. hexzed

KLAX Supplemental Procedures Info

I'm still going to have to do a bit of work to match it with my own schedules, but there you go 😆
  19. blacklabelbraai

heh - patience is about the only virtue I have. It does tend to make taxi instructions a bit more challenging.
  20. Didn't even give me a chance to tell you. On your toes already i see 😄
  21. hexzed

Thanks for this, i never really had the patience to try and work this out myself 🙂
  22. pete_agreatguy

Tower 3D/3D Pro CUSTOM SCHEDULE For TIST/STT v4.0

Updated main list. You weren't joking were you? 😉
  23. TIST version 4 up now Please read first post again as more files need to be transferred Ben
  24. blacklabelbraai

Correct departure runways. Hope this interests someone. Personally I really enjoy the time from midnight to 06:30 BLB - Peter KLAX.pdf
  25. cwalfy1

CYVR - Problems with Real Color for CYVR

Did you install real traffic? Just a guess. Charles
  26. DeltaVII

Uhm, by the way... Why are the runways - although being not only named 08L/26R and 08R/26L, but also oriented at 080°/260° - oriented at 284° in-game? Because when I issue a go-around, my follow-up instruction is always 5 degrees to the outside of the airport, so they almost maintain runway heading (which is the normal procedure) until they passed the airport. But when you say: "XXX1234 turn right heading 265" they will almost make a 360, won't they? Because orientation-wise, 265° is LEFT of the runway... Or is 360° also turned 14 degrees clockwise?
  27. Hi !! We are near the end of dev !!! Time frame for release is spring / early summer 2019 FREE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS !!! With a lot of surprise 👍👍 . Follow also my Instagram channel FlightOnFly and my website flightcontrolreplay.wordpress.com
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.