The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. First, you posted in the main support forum, Please use the sub-forum for FSUIPC7 if your issue/question is with this product, I have moved your post. FSUIPC7 has practically no influence on how log it takes MSFS to start-up and load to the main menu. However, in the latest version there is a delay between when FSUIPC7 detects that MSFS is running and when it attempts to connect. The default for this value is 60 (seconds), and can be adjusted by using the new ini parameter DetectToConnectDelayAuto (or DetectToConnectDelay if starting manually, which has a default of 1 second). Is that a 3rd-party app that connects to MSFS or to FSUIPC7? Sounds like it is trying to connect to MSFS, which has nothing to do with FSUIPC7. That indicates that FSUIPC7 could not connect to MSFS. Can you please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file please. As you are a new user you will have a restricted limit for uploading files, so you will probably need to compress/zip this file before attaching. Also please make sure that you exit FSUIPC7 before attaching the log file. Also attach your FSYUPC7.ini file (better in a separate post, and also zipped/compressed if too large). John
  3. **** Moved to FSUIPC7 support sub-forum **** Hi Pete, Since last FSUIPC7 v7.4.10 update for MSFS2020. I started sim and took a few more time to load main menu. Then When loading a flight and launch FSLTL traffic injector I received the message " Simconnect connection failed : ensure MSFS is open and loaded to or past the Main Menu, trying again in 30 seconds". Once in flight, I opene FSUIPC axes menu and receive the message "Calibration restricted: Please note that as are you not connected to FS, you can only calibrate axes that have been assigned in FSUIPC" No other changes or installations were made before this issue. I appreciate your support. Thanks in advance
  4. Great - glad this has finally been fixed! I have released this now (7.4.10), and this will be the last update before the SU15 release. John
  5. Hi John, I tried this version you posted three different times in three different airports, msfs booted and closed and one pc reboot in between. Hotkeys worked each time, thank you so much for fixing now I'm able to use an FSUIPC version grater than 7.4.5.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Looking at all of the posts, a backlog is quite understandable. No problem. 😉 My issue is not a show stopper. Thanks again and thanks for continuing to support and develop FSUIPC.
  8. Yes I can read the user manuals. I have a reader on my PC. Thank you.
  9. I think I may have found the issue... When the reconnect is started, the old connection wasn't being closed, and so some data was being received from the old connection, including the setting of various flags relating to the state of the connection, so the new connection wasn't being initialised correctly as the delayed response from the previous connection had confused things. I have corrected in the attached if people experiencing this issue can try it (especially @Cuantreau who is still pm 7.4.5). For those who have adjusted the DetectToConnectDelayAuto ini parameter to resolve their issue, you should remove this when testing this version, although probably better to add that back in afterwards (although shouldn't actually be needed/neccessary if this fix works, but still better to use this due to unrelated connection number issues). Please attach a log file if you get the same issue - preferably with logging for Extras enabled. John FSUIPC7.exe
  10. No, not if it is working. A lot has changed between 7.4.5 to 7.4.9, and the changes were done to improve the start-up/initialisation process due to other reported issues, which were fixed by these changes. It is not possible to isolate any specific change that has caused this issue, especially as I do not and never have had this problem. Looking at the logs. this seems to be related to re-connection issues which is why the current solution is to delay the initial connection until MSFS is actually ready to receive and process the requests. I will continue to investigate to see if I can find a better solution, but it is very difficult as I cannot reproduce here. John
  11. Tried as you suggested with a value of 375 and it did work (although I had to stop the flight due to a phone call)! Do you need more logs? And thanks a lot for looking into the issue!
  12. Wait, problem is solved by rebooting both PCs, thanks! 🙂
  13. Something must have been done from v7.4.5 to 7.4.9 because with 7.4.5 (the version I'm using because of hotkeys not working) this problem never happened, maybe John can look that through and regress that mods to make it work again, if this can be done at all.
  14. Thanks, John. Yes of course the Sim is running and plane is loaded, so the mentioned programs should connect via FSUIPC like they did before, I had them running on my clientPC for years. So my configuration basically has not changed. But instead FSCommander shows "No GPS Data from Simulator available.", FlyChrono is "Waiting for Simulator" just like smartcars3. Again, they have always connected via FSUIPC properly in the past. Retard
  15. They cannot connect to the simulator as they are running on your client PC, where only WideClient is running. Do they connect to the FS or are they FSUIPC client applications? Your log shows two of these apps connected to WideClient: 13859 New Client Application: "FSC" (Id=1420) 108562 New Client Application: "FlyChrono" (Id=12096) so they are connected. Do they not work? Note that you must have a plane loaded and ready-to-fly for the WideServer component to be started, i.e. they will not work when MSFS is in the main menu. Note also that the run programs in your ini are commented-out (preceded by a semi-colon) John
  16. Ok thank you for the in depth information. I will just focus on getting the levers working for the aircraft with my honeycomb bravo throttle.
  17. The manuals are always included in the installer and are installed as long as they have not been deselected from installation. I really don't understand the issues you are reporting with this. Can you not open the Advanced User manual pdf? You don't need Adobe, but you do need a pdf reader and always have. Most browsers can also open pdf files, but I use Foxit. John
  18. Don't wait for the new key file - use the current one for now and download and use the new one when available. John
  19. Hi, after a harddisk crash I had to reinstall some tools on my serverPC. So I reinstalled FSUIPC 7.4.9 and updated WideClient on my clientPC to v.7.160. When I run MSFS it shows "...WideServer: 1 connected" and WideClient also shows "Connected", just like in the past. Unfortunatly the programs on my clientPC do not regognize or connect to Wideclient anymore. I have tried FSCommander, FlyChrono, Plan-G and smartcars3 which I need for my VA but they do not detect a running simulator. I have no idea, why the connection to MSFS running on the serverPC (and which has not been affected by the hardware issue) cannot be established. My (obviously very old) "WideClient.ini" looks like this: ;===================================================== [Config] ;ServerIPAddr=192.168.1.11 ServerName=client1 Protocol=TCP Port=8002 Window=57,102,1032,748 Visible=YES ; ----------------------------------------------- ButtonScanInterval=20 ClassInstance=0 NetworkTiming=5,1 PollInterval=2000 ResponseTime=18 ApplicationDelay=0 TCPcoalesce=No WaitForNewData=500 MaxSendQ=100 OnMaxSendQ=Log NewSendScanTime=50 Priority=3,1,2 MailslotTiming=2000,1000 Port2=9002 Protocol=TCP ReconnectMinutes=0 [User] Log=Errors+ ;Run1=D:\FS2004\Modules\ASv6\ASv6.exe ;Run2=D:\SIMULATOR TOOLS\FS2006\Tools\FS Realtime\FSRealTime.exe ;Run3=D:\SIMULATOR TOOLS\FlightsimCommander\FSC.exe ;=============================================== [Sounds] Path=D:\SIMULATOR TOOLS\Dowson Software (FSUIPC_WideFS)\Wideclient FS2004\Sound\ Device1=PrimÀrer Soundtreiber Device2=Lautsprecher (Realtek High Definition Audio) Device3=Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) And here comes the latest log: ********* WideClient Log [version 7.16] Class=FS98MAIN ********* Date (dmy): 27/03/24, Time 17:03:16.948: Client name is CLIENT2 344 Attempting to connect now 344 LUA: "D:\SIMULATOR TOOLS\_TOOLS\Dowson Software (FSUIPC_WideFS)\Wideclient\Initial.LUA": not found 359 Trying TCP/IP host "client1" port 8002 ... 359 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.11 359 Connection made okay! 13859 New Client Application: "FSC" (Id=1420) 108562 New Client Application: "FlyChrono" (Id=12096) Help is greatly appreciated, thanks. Cheers Retard
  20. Thank you for your extended answer. My problem was: I started the use of a sim in 2016. Now I am almost 88 years old and I learned it all by myself. Your software is university required stuff and I am around graduating now. About thge PDF's: I understand your irritation, but the first download of the FSUIPC6 file contained all the manuals and I could print them just as they are, without Adobe. But nevertheless thank you very much for your help and I have much stuff to study. Sincerely, hans Weijers.
  21. Thanks John for quick reply I have downloaded and will wait for new key
  22. What switches and for which aircraft? Many of the standard controls don't work in MSFS, especially for add-on aircraft. You need to look into using other methods. For most aircraft, you should look to see if there is an appropriate preset defined - use the HubHop site (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/) to search for the function/button by aircraft/aircraft provider. All presets are available for assignment in FSUIPC7 by checking the 'Select for Preset' checkbox. You can then click the Find Preset... button which will open a tree-dialog that should allow you to easily find the preset. For PMDG aircraft there may be presets available, but you can also use the custom controls. To use these, please see the following FAQ entry: Almost all buttons/switches in PMDG aircraft can be controlled using the provided custom controls (take a look at the header file where the custom controls ae defined). You can also try looking at Input Events for some functions, although not all aircraft support these, You can list the input events available using Log -> Input Events. You can also see these being used, and the parameter to be used (if any), by activating logging for Input Events (Log->Input Events) and then clicking the button/switch in the VC. In fact logging is the mechanism to determine what to use for a button/switch assignment, especially with Event logging activated (Log->Events). If you open the logging console (Log->Open Console) you will see what events are used by a button/switch in real-time when you click/press the button in the VC. If you have any issues with a specific button/function in an aircraft, you can post again. Check there isn't a post covering this first, and give your post an appropriate title (i.e. include the aircraft name and provider if not Asobo, and the function you want to control). John
  23. Ok thanks for the input. I don’t think I’ve ever used the “EX1” etc. just set as throttle one or throttle 1 set. But they worked for GA aircraft. Any reason the switches wouldn’t work? They register in FSUIPC. I check FS control and press the switch and sejrct what I’m assigning.
  24. They are just different ways of assigning, and only the standard axis controls are used when sending direct to FSUIPC calibration, i.e. you cannot use the *_EX1 controls with this, for example.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.