The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Of course. Apologies. I forgot the ignore option only applied to axes. The only reason you are generating "virtual button" presses is for assignment in FSUIPC, right? Instead, why not simply program the action you want directly into the Lua. i.e. use ipc.control to send whatever it is you wuold be assigning to? More efficinet really. However, there's another method which saves all that Lua serial USB handling and relies on Windows instead.. The ROTARIES.LUA file you are using was intended for devices which do not register as regular joysticks in Windows. for those which do there is no need at all to have all that stuff. Instead you can read the buttons directly. Have the Lua pre-loaded via [Auto] and use event.button to act on the button changes -- both on and off. If the time between them is short it is being turned quickly, so you do one thinmg, if else do the other (via ipc.control). One catch. The joystick must be being scanned by FSUIPC for this to work -- only scanned joysticks can cause events to be detected by normal Lua functions. So you need at least one button assigned in FSUIPC, though that can be to something innocuous. Pete
  3. Today
  4. dmnunes

E-Jets 170-190 under P3Dv4

Thanks a lot for your reply. This afternoon I had made one more attempt to make the E-Jets work. So now I will clean my installation and wait for your news! Regards, Domingos
  5. Masterius

Non-stop panel opening/closing

Thank you for responding so quickly! I was worried more about that being a potential resource hog than I was it "flooding" the event log. (Hey! That rhymed! ๐Ÿ˜) Even so, it's nice to be shown a method to block that from being logged. Thanks again!
  6. Hello, I upgraded my OS from WIN7 to Win10 because I got a message from Microsoft advising me the end was nearing for security Updates for Win7 from Microsoft. I ended up resetting the Win10 install because I had problems with some aps and it uninstalled some of my apps. Now some (not all) aps telling me my registry is not pointing to P3D properly. So I messed up on my P3D uninstall/reinstalls along the way while learning a new OS. I ended up reinstalling P3Dv4.5HF1 to F:P3Dv4 (previously on my ๐Ÿ˜„ drive , (was installed there twice). Currently when I installed FSUIPC and I pointed its installer to my correct P3D install folder F:\P3Dv4. I am rather sure I got a message from FSUIPC saying there was a problem with the normal P3D location and that FSUIPC could easily correct it and I accepted that. When the FSUIPC install finished I noticed that FSUIPC Modules folder was installed here : F:\Modules rather than inside F:\P3Dv4\Modules. It is working ok but I thought it would install to my F:\P3Dv4 folder. Note: Later when I installed the VRS F18 it asked me where my P3D was installed ... I answered F:\P3Dv4 and it created a Modules folder inside my F:\P3Dv4 path for its data files. So, just wonder how to get the FSUIPC data to normally install to F:\P3Dv4 also? I copied my FSUIPC log here for a reference: ****** Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.151 Looking in registry for Prepar3D v4 install path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Parameter"AppPath" ... >>> OK! FOUND Prepar3D v4! <<< ... AppPath=C:\ =========================================================== INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v4: AppPath="C:\" Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE: This version was not found in this path! User elected to Find the EXE for this version Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find Prepar3D v4.EXE ... User identified path: "F:\P3Dv4" Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE: ... Version 4.5.12.30293 (Need at least 4.1.0.0) Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed as: F:\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL ... No previous valid version found. Prepar3D v4 Modules folder created okay! Okay -- installed FSUIPC5 into "F:\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL" Looking for the current user's Application Data path: ... found as "C:\Users\Vaughan\AppData\Roaming" Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Vaughan\AppData\Roaming" Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\Vaughan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG" Now checking DLL.XML ... ... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC5 section. ... FSUIPC5 section already exists but will be replaced. ... FSUIPC5 section of DLL.XML written okay Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ... ... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay. "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay! Removed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder: Installed "FSUIPC5 User Guide.pdf" okay Installed "FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay Installed "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" okay Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay Installed "FSUIPC5 Offsets Status.pdf" okay Installed "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" okay Installed "FSUIPC5 History.pdf" okay Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" okay Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf" okay =========================================================== All installer tasks completed. Registration dialog exit: selected FSUIPC REGISTER Providing FSUIPC registration dialogue ... Registration for FSUIPC5 was successful! (result code 00) *************** End of Install Log ***************
  7. FeelThere Ariel

E-Jets 170-190 under P3Dv4

Dear Domingos, The Ejets are not compatible with P3Dv4.5 YET, but the next ejets version will be.
  8. The joysticks #3, #4 and #5 do not generate axes. I get no axis-assigment while clicking "rescan" in the FSUIPC-interface (axis-assignment) and then turning the rotaries. The field "ignore axis" remains grey/inactive. The #3, #4 and #5 are USB-boards with 32 pins for buttons (www.leobodnar.com). I will play and test this evening, f.e. flash new firmware. But I am sure that my configuration is buggy.
  9. ramjetdave

12 Digit Key

John R U saying I need to buy FSUIPC again? I assume FSUIPC5 is the latest version? Thanks for your time, David Shahin
  10. alihor

Ignore Axis missing

I am using this button 'ignore' each time when I start to fly. And I have to do this for 4 axis! Next time I have to do it again and again, cause this axis ignore is not stored. So I still think this function is missing.
  11. John Dowson

12 Digit Key

All 3 components (name, email, key) must be exactly as specified in your purchase email from SimMarket - please cut and paste from there. If your current licence is for FSUIPC4, then you will need to purchase a new license for FSUIPC5. Your address is with SimMarket and can be updated from our SimMarket account. Please do not post or attach any key details - I have removed them for you. John
  12. I had to re-download FSUPIC, everything worked except my 12 digit key. A message said it as invalid! Do I need a new one? Thanks, *** details removed **** PS: plz correct my state from AL to CA
  13. John Dowson

Ignore Axis missing

I'm not sure this is needed.... Can you not use the 'Ignore Axis' button (top right) in the Axis Assignment tab?
  14. Pete Dowson

fsuipc & vrinsight

You will need to try monitoring the COM ports to find out. But as John says, use LINDA which you say works! Pete
  15. Since they also look like normal joysticks you'll get both. You will need to suppress the joyskic #3 axes using the button provided, i think it is top right. Pete
  16. pappyhep

fsuipc & vrinsight

Thanks for replying, Pete. FSUIPC does not see any of the knobs or buttons from from the MCP Combo. I have tried both reinstalling vrinsight software and also deleting it altogether. It's almost as if the received signal from the computer is getting through fine, but the sent signals are going somewhere else. Weird, huh? I understand how difficult it can be to diagnose something from afar but if you have any ideas where the signals could be going I'd certainly appreciate hearing them. A long-time...long, long, long-time...user of FSUIPC, ( does that make us friends?) Don Pappyhep Hepler
  17. Have changed the entry DEVICE = 3 to DEVICE = 1. But I still read the normal joystick and button numbers in the fsuipc-interface while turning๐Ÿ˜ฏ
  18. No real problem as I have vacations, good weather and a bunch of other things to do ๐Ÿ˜
  19. alaskaGuy2018

EDDM Update

has anyone heard any news on the EDDM update that should be out soon?
  20. Odd that ADE sees it as Concrete even though it must be encoded in the BGL differently, and evidently with a code I don't know about. I have ORBX Arlanda too, so I can check that as well. Might be a few days before I can get to it. Pete
  21. And here ESSA (Stockholm Arlanda) APX52100.bgl -> Base ESSA_ADEP4_SL_ORBX_P3D_Statics.bgl -> ORBX Stockholm Arlanda So it happens not only for 29palms. ESSA.zip
  22. OK, I added three BGLs: APX50140.bgl -> Base ADE_FTX_GES_EDDN.bgl -> ORBX germany south EDDN_ADE.bgl -> 29palms EDDN EDDN.zip
  23. Searching runways.txt for " EDDN", I found: 1. Airport EDDN :N49:29:54.9951 E011:04:39.9991 1046ft in file: Scenery\0601\scenery\APX50140.bgl Runway 10 /28 centre: N49:29:55.4486 E011:04:39.3506 1046ft Hdg: 98.600 true (MagVar 1.000), Concrete, 8841 x 148 ft 2. ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GES_EDDN.bgl Deletions check for Airport EDDN: Delete all runways and starts! 3. Airport EDDN :N49:29:54.9951 E011:04:39.9991 1046ft in file: ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GES_EDDN.bgl Runway 10 /28 centre: N49:29:55.4486 E011:04:39.3506 1046ft Hdg: 98.600 true (MagVar 1.000), Concrete, 8841 x 148 ft 4. Area.260 "Captain7 - 29Palms - EDDN - Nuremberg" (Layer=260) Path(Local/Remote)=C:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\29Palms\Captain7 - 29Palms - EDDN - Nuremberg C:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\29Palms\Captain7 - 29Palms - EDDN - Nuremberg\scenery\EDDN_ADE.bgl Delete all runways and starts! 5. C:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\29Palms\Captain7 - 29Palms - EDDN - Nuremberg\scenery\EDDN_ADE.bgl Airport EDDN :N49:29:54.9951 E011:04:39.9991 1046ft Runway 10 /28 centre: N49:29:55.4486 E011:04:39.3506 1046ft Hdg: 98.600 true (MagVar 1.000), UNKNOWN 128, 8858 x 243 ft ------------------ So I opened the above mentioned BGL files with ADE 1.76: APX50140.bgl -> RW10/28: Concrete ADE_FTX_GES_EDDN.bgl -> RW10/28: Concrete (ORBX Germany South) EDDN_ADE.bgl -> RW10/28: Concrete I append the BGLs... The same happens for Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA): addon from ORBX. Currently, I cannot attach a file...I will try in a following post.
  24. ah...sorry. I assumed that I have to select the #3 in the joysticks-section of FSUIPC.cfg Will try it later and report - thanks a lot!
  25. Why have you got Device = 3? You only appear to have one device with that Vendor and Product number! You are telling FSUIPC to select the third such device, which doesn't exist! Pete
  26. Sorry, I am misunderstanding something here. If MakeRunways reports a surface as "unknown" it is because the encoding contains a value which isn't listed in any documentation I have. Do you know what the surface is (Concrete?)? If so I could add it to MakeRunways tables provided i know how it is represented in the BGL. For that I would need to see the BGL itself (EDDN_ADE.bgl). I don't like the idea of "taking over the runway material in the case of runway deletion". Later (and therefore higher priority) AFD files should be able to override all of the earier lower priority stuff. Evidently 29Palms knows something different about that runway -- either that or there's an error in their BGL which they should be asked to correct. Pete
  27. John Dowson

Non-stop panel opening/closing

Hi Masterius, they will be used (ie re-purposed for internal use) by your add-on aircraft or Accu-Sim - I also get them with A2A's Cherokee (with Accu-Sim). Just ignore them. You can add the following to the '[General]' section your FSUIPC4.ini file so that these are ignored: DontLogThese=66507,66508 John
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.