The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Dear All, Hope you are well. I have a problem with my home cockpit. It incorporates two yokes, both with trim switches as per the real thing. They are connected to TSR Systems (both on prority 0) on a wideclient pc "instrument 2". Inputs are being read by FSUIPC on the FSX "server" pc and I can successfully trim up and down without issue on both yokes. The problem: I cannot make either yoke's input, repeat (even though it is selected in FSUIPC) like the real trim in the real aircraft allowing for smooth trim movements by holding down the yoke switch. For example to trim down by one push on the FOs yoke moves the trim down a step at the moment. I have studied and found that instead of using the FSUIPC dedicated options for trim dw/up you can use offsets. I have used offsets X0BCO and it increases the step size (16383 etc) but the step problem remains. To troubleshoot I thought that the sim could be experiencing conflicts. I removed all Trim selections from FSUIPC and I confirm no FSX controls are active in the FSX GUI. However the trim still moves. So this hypothesis seems to be correct. In the FSUIPC file attached I see buttons that have been configured. I cannot see them in the FSUIPC GUI. So I think they have been added outside the program. Linda? LUA? I don't know. Could you kindly look at the file and advise what the keys translate to? ie. the name? of most importance are the trim keys - I will delete them. If you can help identify more than even better. Just to add, I know by updating these would be annotated. But I am worried updating will loose any configs and or previous programming. If Mr. Thomas Richter is out there, I believe he did a lot of work on this sim in the past. It maybe that he in fact programmed this originally. If you could point me in the right direction as to how to make this work I would be very grateful. Thank you for a great program. KR Nick FSUIPC4.ini
  3. Dear All, Hope you are well. I have a problem with my home cockpit. It incorporates two yokes, both with trim switches as per the real thing. They are connected to TSR Systems (both on prority 0) on a wideclient pc "instrument 2". Inputs are being read by FSUIPC on the FSX "server" pc and I can successfully trim up and down without issue on both yokes. The problem: I cannot make either yoke's input, repeat (even though it is selected in FSUIPC) like the real trim in the real aircraft allowing for smooth trim movements by holding down the yoke switch. For example to trim down by one push on the FOs yoke moves the trim down a step at the moment. I have studied and found that instead of using the FSUIPC dedicated options for trim dw/up you can use offsets. I have used offsets X0BCO and it increases the step size (16383 etc) but the step problem remains. To troubleshoot I thought that the sim could be experiencing conflicts. I removed all Trim selections from FSUIPC and I confirm no FSX controls are active in the FSX GUI. However the trim still moves. So this hypothesis seems to be correct. In the FSUIPC file attached I see buttons that have been configured. I cannot see them in the FSUIPC GUI. So I think they have been added outside the program. Linda? LUA? I don't know. Could you kindly look at the file and advise what the keys translate to? ie. the name? of most importance are the trim keys - I will delete them. If you can help identify more than even better. Just to add, I know by updating these would be annotated. But I am worried updating will loose any configs and or previous programming. If Mr. Thomas Richter is out there, I believe he did a lot of work on this sim in the past. It maybe that he in fact programmed this originally. If you could point me in the right direction as to how to make this work I would be very grateful. Thank you for a great program. KR Nick FSUIPC4.ini
  4. @FeelThere Ariel are you referring to the new version done with Aeroplane heaven or are you planning to update the existing as well for P3D 4.5?
  5. Thomas Richter

Controller issues

Hi, not heard of that. FSUIPC will only do something if you tell it to do. In case you use a non registered version you will not be able to define even an controller that could do something at all. Can you please send your FSUIPC5.log, FSUIPC5.ini and (if generated) FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv files. Thomas
  6. Thomas Richter

Encoder for GPS Nav/Com

Hi, did you try in FSUIPC logging with Log Details Events. That will show all events send, i.e. when using the corresponding encoder, if it is an event. But it can also be a L:Var that is used, you can list those available for that AC as well. I.e. define a key for that, I used here Alt+X key, this will list all L:Vars available for the current AC in the logging console if open but as well in FSUIPC's log file. Thomas
  7. Hi, that's the way to do. Nothing wrong with it. I guess you have set the following for communication with PMDG? Thomas
  8. ATControl  -- Joe

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

I guess you don't read the forums much. Developers -- we're not altering the current engine. Your wish will never happen.
  9. Avwriter

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

No bugs on final release? I'd settle for no bugs before the next version goes into development. Andrew
  10. crbascott

OMDB-DXB Custom Schedule Files

The game has a bug handling midnight. Not sure if this is your issue or not.
  11. I installed the free version of FSUIPC 5 in Prepard 3D. My joystick immediately started having issues with extreme upward pitch on takeoff. I uninstalled FSUIPC and the joystick operation returned to normal. My question is, why would the free version have an adverse effect?
  12. Thanks for replying, maybe I explain in more detail how I am using FSUIPC as I may be doing something completely wrong and I find the manual hard to follow To my understanding I am doing the following Getting this code 69632 Adding it to this event 118 so 69632+118=69750 Also in the SDK is this line? Are they the Parameters ? // 0: OFF 1: ON 2: START In FSUIPC I am putting in 69750 + Parameter "2" for START Maybe I miss interpreted something?
  13. ESzczesniak

32 button limit

Thank you! This is working now! What I think will be one last question. Now with this LUA running, buttons 1-32 register briefly as H 31 (H just happens to be the letter for this Yoke) and then 65 61 (65 I presume to be the virtual device). I currently have buttons 1-32 programmed under the "H" device, with only 33-35 under "65". Does it matter which device they are programmed under? For momentary contact buttons, it seems probably not. But what about "repeat while held" buttons? At least watching through FSUIPC, it seems there's a small, but noticeable delay from when H X is displayed to 65 Y populates through the LUA. Perhaps none of this matters, but I was just curious what the recommended process would be to avoid problems.
  14. I am using the Reality XP gps for FSX to drive the PropWash Simulation PWS530 hardware. I have been unable to find the eventID for the encoder that changes the Nav and Com Frequencies. I think I found the correct event ID for swapping from nav to com selection. Can anyone help? Does the eventID even exist?
  15. Hi, when the math gives 69750 for APU start switch control, why not using it with value 2? If you use the correct Control mand the APU doesn't start then make sure you use the correct procedure for APU start, described in PMDG manuals. PMDG Offsets are read only for values and states, i.e. switches or annunciators ... Have a look in the corresponding document Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf in ..\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ folder. If PMDG supports this via their SDK, yes but check if it works with the mouse on the panel. Maybe it is not supported. Thomas
  16. Yesterday
  17. Only paintkit I'm aware of - https://fsbrasil.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/ejet-v2-paintkit/
  18. Gunu

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

Hehe...……..it is a wishlist after all! I wish there were no bugs on release. If I aim high, I hope the developers would try and achieve close to this. 🙂
  19. ATControl  -- Joe

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

No bugs on final release? You do understand that even the biggest game developers on the planet have bugs in their games at release. I'd scratch that one from your wish list.
  20. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get HIDmacros to send an altered keystroke to FSUIPC. For example, I can get HIDmacros to send the n key when the A key is pushed on the 2nd keyboard, but although Win10 does get the altered keystroke (n), FSUIPC grabs the original key (A). Al
  21. Gunu

Airport Strategies

Departing A380 a/c cannot be routed via N J, as in the chart below.
  22. Wish I knew that before I purchased... I wouldn't have. Where can can I download the paint kit? Not a happy customer.
  23. ATC AlaskaGuy

OMDB-DXB Custom Schedule Files

hexed I am going ot try and look at something else with Dubai for some reason only in the time 00:00 it takes forever to load so there might be to many emirates flights not sure it this is the issue although when I first got Dubai and it was the original schedule that came with the airport it was doing this to but even worse.
  24. Gunu

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

Firstly I would like to highlight that this wish list commencement has not been mentioned on Steam at all, so all the users on Steam that don't know about this forum will be missed out! I only stumbled upon this topic when looking for a solution to an airport problem. My wishlist in no order of preference. 1, No bugs on final release. 2, No multiple penalty for same single event. 3, A sound played when an alert for a collision is shown (for 2 screen users busy lookimg at 2nd screen) 4, Remove red light from top of tail on airliners, should only be on GA aircraft 5, Ability to be able to rotate ADIRS to fit screen. 6, Option to remove road traffic. 7, The ability to narrow down gate assignment for landing a/c, to aid taxi route planning. 8, Large aircraft like A380 not being parked down alleyway, possibly size gates to avoid this. 9, Ability to taxi an aircraft from runway, even though its gate is not free, possibly to a holding point, instead of blocking the runway exit. 10, Once an aircraft is no longer visible to the eye, camera not to turn and focus on it when selected 11, Option to assign another key/joystick button for push to talk. 12, Better core code optimisation for cpu and graphics chips. 13, Random delays capability instead of fixed timetables that can become predictable with use. 14, Aircraft towed off gate to go to remote parking capability. 15, Not have a A380 land the same distance as an A321 16, Ability to taxi an aircraft to a holding point for a runway, or just a holding point to make room for other a/c.
  25. spitzkligger

Lost Link to RC for KSFO

BMT give me a new link. Thanks a lot....this is service 🙂
  26. Hello all! I am starting to learn and get to grips with FSUIPC and my new stick Logitech/Saitek X56 Pro and the PMDG NGX 1. APU is mapped (I think correctly) but APU does't come alive. So I have it mapped to a button using the <custom control> Steps I took: APU Start Event ID = 118 so 69632+118=69750 Enter 69749 into the custom control and Parameter 2 and set When I click the button the APU switch moves to the Start then On position but the APU does not start... Did I do everything correctly? 2. What are PMDG Offsets? What are these codes for? 3. Is it possible to set a rotary knob to control, lets say Cockpit lights? (See Image) Is this possible? I tried to enter custom control code from the PMDG SDK but when I move the knob the mouse pointer turns into the rotary hand but nothing happens. Thank you eternally for anyone who can help!
  27. Dear FeelThere Ariel: Thanks. Haseen Ahmad.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.