The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. scoobflight

tower 2011 piedmont airlines

Piedmont flew some aircraft in its own livery in addition to the US Airways and there were retro aircraft that flew in colors representing the airlines over the years that were bought/merged. US was bought in full by America West. A decision was made to use US Airways name (better marketing uses). For some time aircraft were flying with US Airways colors with the 'cactus' callsign.
  3. sssdsdssdd

Custom (REAL) Traffic #12 -- Boston v2.0 -- Summer 2018

it works now it makes sense
  4. Yesterday
  5. No, it is still using SerialFP, but something has changed since I first used it years ago. I remember it needed some manual tinkering with the COM port configurations and it was not easy to set everything up (I can't really remember what I had to do exactly to get it running). But soon after that when I used a newer software version it worked out of the box without needing any manual configuration. I also don't have to do this VRi-device configuration from the FSUIPC advanced users guide, it just works. That's why I thought those were for that old manual configuration (of course I can't speak for other device models).
  6. Are you not using Profiles at all? If you aren't then all the assignments you have made apply to all aircraft. If you are using profiles and you want to use the same settings for a different aircraft, just clicj the Prifle checkbox and select that Profile in the drop down list. There are pictures in the User Guide. Pete
  7. "Many" years? All the VRInsight devices I ever had, "many" yesrs ago, were not USB HID devices, but serial port "COM" devices, and the default 'driver' was "SerialFP2". So, I'm confused. If the methods I implemented in FSUIPC to support them are now "deprecated", why have VRI users requestedsuch support in FSUIPC5, for P3D4? I thought only the more recent VRInsight devices had moved away from this method. If not, and now all their devices, old and new, are well supported by a new system, I would be delighted to be able to remove this support. Can you confirm this please? When VRI changed tack and went, as I thouht, to standard USB methods, I never got any more information or anything from them. Everything you've told me about the driver you are using is news to me. Help would be appreciated. Pete
  8. pete_agreatguy

Schedule Poll

People may want to look over the current list prior to voting ! https://charityalbumman.blogspot.com/2018/08/tower-3d-inc-pro-custom-schedules-list.html Nice work @battlehawk77, keep it up πŸ™‚
  9. Hi there I have p3dv4 and have assigned all sorts of buttons and axises to TUI NGX. I have now tried to fly the same aircraft with the Ryan Air livery but none of the buttons, switches or axes work. I understand that I must have assigned the switches using the profiles specific option but how can I copy these assignments over to other NGX aircraft? I have seen the other articles here, but I didnt understand Pete's comment "switch to Profiles" How do I do that? Can anyone help. Regards Alan
  10. battlehawk77

Schedule Poll

So, I'm wondering which real schedule everyone would like to see me produce next. I'll let the poll run for a week or so to see what everyone thinks. πŸ™‚
  11. FeelThere

Updates for tower 3d Pro

I can happily confirm, there will be a next version πŸ™‚ Happy Easter everyone Vic
  12. No, sorry, there is no such facility.
  13. Maybe I should clarify what the device does. It is an VRinsight M-Panel. From what I can see from the FSUIPC logs it writes offsets (the values from the "FSUIPC5 Offsets Status.pdf" documentation) to FSUIPC when I press a button, dial in a number etc. But they (the natively supported offsets) are hardcoded and I cannot change them. In the configuration utility I can choose either a standard keybind (like ALT+X) or a "FSUIPC Control": All custom IDs/Values set in that way will be written to FSUIPC using the "3110" offset ("Operates a facility to send any β€˜controls’ to Flight simulator."). The GUI also prevents entering any ID below 65535 and the configuration file generated by the GUI is a binary file, so not easy to edit without the GUI. Sidenote: Even in the default/hardcoded state it does not use dedicated FSUIPC offsets for every action, some are just send via offset "3110", just like the custom changed ones. PS: I've also seen the VRinsight specific documentations for lua but I don't know if they are applicable (at least for the M-Panel) as they seem to be based on the deprecated method of directly configuring VRi devices with COM ports etc. in FSUIPC. The drivers (at least for the M-Panel) work out of the box with FSUIPC for many years now. Jaxx
  14. Dan1994

but the livery is also piedmont airline livery in tower 2011 Philadelphia. it supposed to be us airways livery which is Navy blue and white.
  15. Thanks i will have a look, also one more question, would it be possible to add time delay between each action (macro?) Thanks
  16. crbascott

Good point, I wish I would have said that. πŸ˜‰
  17. scoobflight

The Tower2011 manual includes extensive documentation on how to use the editor.
  18. scoobflight

This isn't an fault. This is reality in the early 2010s as at the time Piedmont flew aircraft under the US Airways logo. The callsign is correct.
  19. crbascott

Tower!2011 is an 8 year old sim. A lot has changed since it was released. And as we've seen with Pro, they only do patches for so long (a little over a year for Pro, not sure when the last patch for 2011 was). How to use the editor is detailed in the manual. You'll need to familiarize yourself with the Real Traffic files and read some old posts and you should be able to change callsigns.
  20. Hi Mac, Your link doesn't work. Can you try posting it again please. Paul
  21. hexzed

You'll have to ask them
  22. Dan1994

so the publisher feelthere or nyerges design never release a patch or add on to fix this problem?
  23. hexzed

Not sure sorry, never played Tower 2011
  24. Dan1994

so how to edit and change the callsign and livery, thanks
  25. You can have multiple actions in one macro by editing the macro file - see the section 'Multiple actions in one macro control' in the Advanced user manual, page 37. Cheers, John
  26. hexzed

I'm pretty sure there is an editor in Tower 2011
  27. hexzed

Delta A220

The next Real Colour update
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.