Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


jhaley101 last won the day on April 27 2014

jhaley101 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About jhaley101

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  1. Almost too embarrassed to reply. Fixed it, I was editing and saving the simconnect.xml in the wrong folder, the ProgramData folder where goodies like the scenery.cfg and simobject.cfg reside. Found my mistake when I read the information in the SDK readme. Moved it, voila. Back in business. Sorry Simon, but I appreciate your assistance just the same. I'll just find a nice dark, quiet spot to disappear to now. JH
  2. HI Simon, thanks for the reply. No, as noted - STB is on the client. I did some more research which included looking at posts here yesterday and it doesn't look good. Its not just STB but Little Navmap, it appears that there is some issue with Windows and Simconnect or the runtime libraries. I'm also getting a similar error message with AI Companion, which is a handy freeware program available at AIG, saying that runtime files may be missing. I checked and reinstalled all simconnect files, ALL runtime libraries on both machines, and I really didn't want to. Same error
  3. This morning I tried to run STB but was unable to connect. The first message I received involved v++ 2015 components that were missing. STB downloaded and updated that without issue. Have never seen that before. I wonder if there was some Windows update overnight. But when I try to connect STB (on the client) there is a delay and then I get a message which states "Unable to connect to Prepar3D v5. Please make sure a flight has completed loading before trying again to connect. Of course, the sim is running, the flight is updated, there is no pausing or slewing going on.
  4. Just read the manual and renamed the airline to its correct identifcation "PULSE". Saved the PULSE logo in the specified folder. The old airline name was ORANGE which I gather is the name associated to Air Holland's. Now, I just need to create a new file in EditVoicepack for PULSE. Love STB JH
  5. Downoload, install on both the FS machine and client was flawless. Data Server works perfectly for all functions. Program works without issue on client machine. Settings adjusted without issue. Tested at my home location, works perfectly. Here is one tiny concern, truly not related to any sort of bug. But at my home location, we have a medical service operated by a small fleet of PC-12's. The operation is called "Ornge" , I developed flight plans for their ops across Ontario which are posted in my thread at the AIG site. However, the logo for Ornge appears as
  6. I figured it out I think. Changing the trace to information showed there was a problem with the Discovery entry in the add-ons cfg. I removed it and the compiler is working the way it used to. There's a whole bunch of other information, but I'm not sure exactly what that means. STBDataServer.Trace.txt
  7. Just realized that the Data Server has its own verbose tracing. That file has a lot more information, but it's too large to attach
  8. Thanks Simon, I should have mentioned in the OP that I had, in the last couple of days, changed the folder structure of my addons. Those changes were captured and saved in the Lorby SI tool. Things appeared to be working okay, but I'm a bit baffled. It's like the compiler is reading from the default scenery location. John
  9. AppData add-ons.cfg STBClient.Trace.txt STBDataServer.Trace.txt Program Data add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg
  10. Hello, a long time user and fan of STB. P3D v4.5 user. Latest version of make runways installed Recently, when I have tried to compile the Airports Database with the Data Server (latest versions of both the program and server installed), I noticed during the compile that the program is reading the standard xml and csv files from within the simulator. No issue there. But then the only traffic file that appears to be read is the trafficcarriers.bgl. Normally, all the flightplans are read from my scenery file located outside the sim. This compile is taking only an instant bec
  11. Roger that. The main program (using P3D 4.3) and data server is 4.0.2018.3100. I'm waaaay off. Thanks Confirmed this matter is resolved. Updated main program and data server with the above files and there are no errors. Thank you, JH
  12. Thanks Simon. I love STB and have been using it for years. I'm just a bit confused, is the multi-week conversion - still a work in progress? I'm having difficulty reading the above post and understanding if it's something that has been upgraded or its still being developed. Perhaps I'm not running the latest updates. I'll check into that and see. JH
  13. I posted this at the AIG forums, of which I'm a proud member and supporter. Whenever I try to compile all of my flightplans through use of the STB Compiler, the compiler crashes for each of the approximately 25 plans which were created with multi-week format. As soon as I remove each of the plans, no problem. Plans such as Vulcan Air, Aarons, Airgas, Alcoa, Ameriprise, Amgen, Amway, Anderson Trucking Service, Asphalt Materials, Boston Scientic, ebay, Clemson University, Disney, Mcdonalds, Las Vegas Sands, Albermerle Chemicals, Hagadone, etc. Again, I know it's STB's i
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.