The simFlight Network Forums
Biggles

Manchester Airport

Hi Again Guys,

Sorry to be a pain but Manchester airport (UK) still no traffic taking off during day time. however after about 5 mins there is a jet airliner that lands but just sits on runway 6L ???????????

Any ideas should i unistall and re load ???

Please help.

Hi, I can confirm there is a problem. While I have lots of departures, the aircraft remain on he runway, I have to verify but looks like a missing traffic frequency.

I plan for a first fix to SP1 for Thursday now, this will include this fixed.

Possible solution as follows if you have AFCAD.

In AFCAD, select File-Open File and in the displayed window, check "From Specific File" and press "Open File". Browse to FS2002/SCENEDB/MyTrafficAFD/Scenery and open file SFEGCC1. You should now see + - Europe in the left box - expand this until MANCHESTER appears and select it - EGCC should now appear in the Airport and NAVAID Sites box. Select EGCC and open.

You should now have Manchester displayed and be able to modify it. I have already made modifications so I can't now tell what the problem is with 06L but check where the "hold short node" is and move it back. This may solve the problem for you. Don't forget to save the changes.

On the same topic.

I use Sim Flyers EGCC and spent a bit of time yesterday watching AI activity,

Loads of a/c taking off on 6L and many landing 6R

Only fault/problem was that, roughly, every second a/c that landed dissappeared after getting "Ground" directions for taxi to gates.

Martin

Was this with the third party layout. Doing KDFW I admired the new AFCAD option of finding errors a lot, it identified several hundred bugs in the original supllied by SF, each a trap big enough to swallow a 777. Will apply this to the SFEGCC file to see how many overlapping, but not connected nodes exist.