The simFlight Network Forums

Trying to read AI traffic

Hi

I just started to examine the FSUIPC SDK and want to read out the AI traffic. (traffiklook is ok, but i want some reporting fuction etc to check schedules)

The VB example program supplied worked, it gave me the time, but when i try to read the data at E000 it gaves me all zero's.

What do i wrong?

Peter

when i try to read the data at E000 it gaves me all zero's.

What do i wrong?

E000 only? How many bytes? The ground traffic, only, starts at E080, and then in slots. Unused slots will be zeroes.

Sorry, I can't really help much with so little information. Please use the tools available to check what you are doing. Use FSUIPC logging (IPC read logging will show you, and me, what is going on), and also FSInterrogate will alow you to read and write any area in FSUIPC offset space.

Regards,

Pete

Hi

Sorry for the little information.

Well what have i done. I just downloaded the SDK and saw a sample program in VB. I just run that and is gaven me the clock time of FS.

That works ok.

For a small test i replaced the adres &H238 with &HE000 to read the amount of slots. Ok we know already it must be 40, but it was just a test.

Run theprogram again and just zeros appears. I've changed it also to E080, but also zeros.

Now i'vd tried fs interrogate and it gave me the value 40.

Reading lower values if VB gave me good results, so there must be somthing reading the higher memory values.

Peter

For a small test i replaced the adres &H238 with &HE000 to read the amount of slots. Ok we know already it must be 40, but it was just a test.

Run theprogram again and just zeros appears. I've changed it also to E080, but also zeros.

In Visual Basic the form "&HE000" will be taken to mean the offset "FFFFE000". This will be invalid in FSUIPC, but it will create a valid Advanced Weather request of something like 1FE000, which will fail in any case because the AWI needs a special data structure.

If you used the FSUIPC IPC logging as I suggested you would see that the offset you were sending is wrong, immediately, saving yourself a lot of time. Please use the tools available. You will find them useful, honestly.

I am not a VB programmer, but I understand the VB compiler is even nasty enough to change &H0000E000 into &HFFFFE000 before it is used. Apparently you have to add another & at the end to stop this stupid behaviour. In other words &HE000&. With such a crazy behaviour you'd think it would be spelled out in big bold letters in all the VB books.

Regards,

Pete