The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 don't work with 3.128 ?

Hi Pete,

I don't know if you are aware that the autopilot and the autothrottle in the PMDG 737 don't work if you install FSUIPC 3.128. I'm using a registered version.

Switching back to 3.125 and they work OK.

Also seems that the link in your webpage pointing to this forum (http://forums.simflight.com/dowson) is not working...?

Regards

Charly Diaz Azcue

I don't know if you are aware that the autopilot and the autothrottle in the PMDG 737 don't work if you install FSUIPC 3.128. I'm using a registered version. Switching back to 3.125 and they work OK.

There's one other mention, discussed in the thread "Winds" oddly enough.

As I said there, I think possibly that part of the PMDG installation does not work with 3.125, which may explain the difference. Try removing the PMDGoptions.DLL from the Modules folder, and using 3.128. If this seems to "work" the same as in 3.125 with PMDGoptions, then it is that DLL, now allowed to operate again, which is making the difference. It is a bug in 3.125 which I suspect you are probably "taking advantage of" to bypass some operations needed which are coded into PMDG's more sophisticated cockpit.

Let me know please. If what I say is not true, I'll try to check it again here. All 3.128 does is correct a bug in 3.12 and 3.125 which can actually stop some add-in DLLs working correctly. FSUIPC doesn't touch the A/P nor A/T except on request of applications.

Also seems that the link in your webpage pointing to this forum (http://forums.simflight.com/dowson) is not working...?

I have no webpage. Do you mean Mr Schiratti's "Dowson" page? I'll check. But it is nothing to do with me. I shall have to notify Mr. Schiratti.

Thanks,

Pete

I don't know if you are aware that the autopilot and the autothrottle in the PMDG 737 don't work if you install FSUIPC 3.128. I'm using a registered version.

Okay, I've not tested this and can find no problem. The A/P won't engage on the ground, of course. That is right and proper. Similarly the A/T will only engage when the Generators are running (see overhead). Provided I operate the cockpit properly all is well.

Maybe either your version of PMDG, or mine, is not fully up to date? I'm not sure how to tell as there are so many parts to it. I am asking my contact in PMDG to see if he can find any difference between 3.125 and 3.128 to explain this, but so far it seems to behave identically here on both!

Regards,

Pete

I've talked to my contact in PMDG and he says this problem may be to do with the safer method FSUIPC now employs to check that FS is truly ready before accessing certain parts of FS. I am looking at this now to see if I can fix it, but meanwhile it seems it may only be a problem if you go straight into the PMDG aircraft on loading FS. The cockpit may be getting the wrong signals from FSUIPC if it asks for them before FSUIPC is officially "running" on this new, safer, basis.

Can you try re-selecting the aircraft afterwards and see if it cures the problem?

As I say, I cannot make it happen here so far, but then I am loading the PMDG aircraft whilst in normal FS, not as initial load, as default, or through the initial Create a Flight menu.

Let me know please.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Like you said, if I load first a default plane in FS2004 then switch to the PMDG 737 the autopilot and autothrottle works fine...

If I select the PMDG 737 through the initial "Create a Flight" menu they don't work...the gauges don't appear in the main panel until you choose another view then they comes to live.

I saw a post in the PMDG forum that says you are working about this, thanks.

About the link in the Mr. Schiratti website, now it's working OK.

Regards

Charly Diaz Azcue

If I select the PMDG 737 through the initial "Create a Flight" menu they don't work...the gauges don't appear in the main panel until you choose another view then they comes to live.

I saw a post in the PMDG forum that says you are working about this, thanks.

I posted here about it too -- please see the announcement about version 3.129 above. Version 3.129 is released, it is just awaiting the kindness of Mr. Schiratti to put it on the website.

Regards,

Pete