The simFlight Network Forums

write time parameters = Long delay

my own application write time and date to fs2002 (zulu).

First time, fs update normal, after process is started.

Write a second time, it needs a long delay (> 1,5 minute) until fs is updated.

Can everybody help me ?

90 seconds seems a long time, but when you change the time sometimes FS reloads the scenery and textures. This will take a variable time depending on your system.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

thats right, but if I change the time over the fs menu, fs reloads immediately (you can see it on the progressbar).

If i change time over fsuipc, it will take a long time, until the progressbar appears. (in this time the whole system is blocked)

Jens.

If i change time over fsuipc, it will take a long time, until the progressbar appears. (in this time the whole system is blocked)

There's something else going on there, then. I don't see that happening here. The instant the Zulu hour is changed, the "loading scenery" progress bar comes up. Try it with FSInterrogate to be sure. You can change it as many times as you like, it is exactly the same each time.

Regards,

Pete