The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC updates and FS2002 ...

Hello!

I'm a registered user of FSUIPC and I have a little question:

for many reasons I have decided to stay with FS2002; normally I always update my FSUIPC module (now I have the version 3.129)but I'd like to know is it is useful to update the modulemaybe the updates are only for FS2004 now

If the updates won't be useful for FS2002 anymore, or the FS2002 interface won't be update in the future, I don't need to stay updated.

Thanks in advance

Roberto

I'd like to know is it is useful to update the modulemaybe the updates are only for FS2004 now

If the updates won't be useful for FS2002 anymore, or the FS2002 interface won't be update in the future, I don't need to stay updated.

Well you can get an idea of the applicability of the assorted fixes and improvements over recent updates by reviewing the History document you must already have. You'll see that quite often there are changes and fixes applicable to more than just FS2004. Naturally as we discover more about FS2004 then more additions will be made for it, just as there were for FS2002, but it is not exclusive by any means. One small recent example is the addition of the auto-feather arming switch access through FSUIPC, which was operational in FS2000 but not FS2002 or FS2004 until now.

I cannot promise anything specific for FS2002 in the future, but then I don't promise anything specific for FS2004 either.

So really it is up to you. You can review the release notices I put in the first announcement in the forum each time, and make up your own mind. One thing to consider, though, is that if you have a problem and want some sort of assistance I will expect you to update to the latest version first as I really cannot investigate problems in old code.

Regards,

Pete