The simFlight Network Forums

Requesting source 4 WeatherSet

Hi Pete,

I'm going through all the manuals and stuff for weathersettings. Currently i'm using the FS98 interface, but the only problem is that it cannot read in all the weather that is set in flightsim (because of the 3 layer limit)

Therefore, i think i need to go with the AWI, but there is no example for me to look at. In the manual is stated that the weatherset program is an example for the AWI interface. So, could it be possible to include the source for weatherset.exe in an FSUIPC SDK update?

btw, if I continue do ask you so many questions, feel free to ask a support fee :)

Regards,

Wim

Therefore, i think i need to go with the AWI, but there is no example for me to look at.

Are you writing for FS2000/2002, or FS2004? If FS2004, don't waste time on the AWI, you need to move to the New Weather Interface. It is much easier to use in any case. I'd be glad to answer questions if there are things you don't understand.

In the manual is stated that the weatherset program is an example for the AWI interface.

Well it realy says it is an example of the USE of the interface, not how to program it, and it is provided in the FSUIPC.ZIP for users, not programmers. It was originally written only as a test, really.

So, could it be possible to include the source for weatherset.exe in an FSUIPC SDK update?

Not WeatherSet, maybe WeatherSet2 (which uses the NWI), but not until I have a lot of spare time to make it presentable. They are not good programming examples so I would not push them forward. They were written quickly and cheaply as test programs for the interfaces. To make them presentable as programming examples would take me a lot of time, unfortunately.

Regards,

Pete

I'm writing for FS2002, for now. (FS2004 has some aerodynamic incompatibelities regarding helicopters)

The way that it is coded will sure be better than my way, because i'm only programming C++ for 2/3 months.

I only need it as an example, on how to set weather for 1 layer.

Am I supposed to use the exact command described in the AWI.doc ? GetAt, Clear, or the ones that i find in the advweather.h ???

For me, the learning curve to learn all this, is extremely difficult... Maybe i'm just not smart enough :roll:

Cya,

Wim

The way that it is coded will sure be better than my way, because i'm only programming C++ for 2/3 months.

In that case, take it from me, my code would look like complete gibberish.

Am I supposed to use the exact command described in the AWI.doc ? GetAt, Clear, or the ones that i find in the advweather.h ???

The names are just that, easy names to remember instead of the numbers they represent. Look in the .h file, you'll see the names defined with hexadecimal values.

Really, I am a terrible teacher, and the last thing I can do is show a new programmer how to use such a complex interface. I would really advise sticking to the easy FS98 interface until you move on to FS2004 and use the NWI which is nearly as easy.

Regards,

Pete