The simFlight Network Forums

A320 PSS autopilot external device and FSUIPC.......

Hi

I'm a registered user FSUIPC and I'm building a device to command the A320PSS autopilot with external electronic switch and encoders using a Basic Stamp2 sx microcontroller.

I'm looking for info about serial RS232 trasmission ,FSUIPC and FS2002Pro.

Is there some your doc where I can understand how FSUIPc could be used to transfer commands from serial port to FS2002?

Thanks

Paolo

Is there some your doc where I can understand how FSUIPc could be used to transfer commands from serial port to FS2002?

You would have to write a program to handle the serial port and thence interface to FSUIPC. The interface for FSUIPC is described in the FSUIPC SDK, available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

However, you should be aware that many third party cockpits have their own autopilot system. Whether the PSS A320 autopilot can be controlled programmatically I don't know. You should check first.

If it accepts keystrokes your program may be better off reading your COM port data and sending keystrokes to FS. You can do that directly, emulating a keyboard in Windows, or sending FS "WM_KEYDOWN" and "KEYUP" messages, or, perhaps more reliably, do that too through FSUIPC (see offset 3200 in the Programmers' Guide).

Alternatively, if you want to be able to program which keystrokes to use in FSUIPC, and maybe use your input for other things too, you could make your program operate the "virtual joystick buttons" FSUIPC provides (offset 3340) and program their action in the FSUIPC "Buttons" page. This method is probably simpler than the keyboard method.

Regards,

Pete