The simFlight Network Forums
Maxter

Wishlist Thread

In an effort to assist Burkhard and the team compile a list, I thought I would start a wishlist thread here for Airports and Airline liveries...

If there is already a thread, my apologies and could some kind soul please point me towards it.

OK, here is my first wishlist items...

1. Airports (All exist in MSFS)

YPJT

YGEL

YABA

YESP

YPKG

2. Airline liveries...

SkyWest - Fokker 50's

http://www.skywest.com.au/default.asp?documentid=78

Cheers

Chris Porter

Hi Chris,

At a loose end so did a Skywest F50.

Use link below.

Please let me know if you have any info regarding the airlines history..can't find anything on internet searches so far.

regards,

Martin

Hi Chris,

..can't find anything on internet searches so far.

regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thats a wonderful thing that you did, thanks very much.

Re: Skywest, my recollection is fairly vague. I sort of remember that it was owned once by a fellow by the name of Bill Meeke, a local businessman prior being bought out by the now defunct Ansett.

Note Skywest was the major regional in Western Australia servicing the South West with Qantas Link doing the mining run in the North West.

As I understand it, the current livery is the same as you have depicted however since Ansett went belly up, Meeke and a few others bought the "Skywest" regional arm off the liquidators to get going again. They have since removed the large "A" off the tail leaving the surrounding blue there for the moment.

I'll have another hunt around for some additional information. Have a look for an Airline called MacRobertson Miller Airways (MMA), I think Skywest may have had some roots in there somewhere as well.

Cheers,

Chris Porter

Perth,

Western Australia

Typical lol........the "A" was the most work.

Going to Manchester for a few days drinking with some friends. Will do a little "diggin" about Skywest on return.

Regards,

Martin

Great work as always Martin. BTW, I am planning to do an 'upgrade kit' which would include all of your repaints and could be installed easily, either by unzipping into a single directory or with an auto-installer. Do you think this would be ok with you?

Chris,

Thanks for starting this thread. It was getting hard to keep track of the wishes and bugs.

Thanks for starting this thread. It was getting hard to keep track of the wishes and bugs.

I thought you may want to give it a sticky so that others can post to it...

Cheers

Chris

Hi Hussain,

Welcome back and Happy New Year (to all)

I don't mind you using any of the re-paints in whatever way you see fit. The project however will always be ongoing and the models available on site are by no means complete. I also intend gong back to improve some of my earlier textures (A321s in particular) in the near future.

I have, to date, left them as individual zips so user can be selective about which ones they use. They may not want to change some of the originals or indeed may prefer to use "paints" from other sources.

Another point is that the higher res. (1024) paints can be used at the individuals discretion and perhaps limit these to one or two of their favourites at local airports so as not to overload the hardware.

Anyway I love "churning" them out and if any MyT users get enjoyment from them, in any shape or form, all the better.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I'll include whatever is available on your website (FTP actually) as of yesterday. My plans are to create a full updgrade kit only for the 512 versions as the 1024 replacements for such a large nubmer of aircraft would almost certainly kill performance on most systems.

As a suggestion, could you package any future repaints so that they can be unzipped directly into the FS2002 directory? For example, if you are posting a replacement for the Singapore Airlines 747-400 (hint hint :D),

include a directory structure of aircraft\B747_4MY\texture.My03\. This way users don't have to check the aircraft.cfg before placing the texture...ofcourse, the upgrade kit is designed to bypass this step.

Great work on all your repaints...I am sure I echo this gratitude from all MyTraffic users (and designers) :)

Hi Hussain,

I have put off doing 747s, and some of the other models, as I seem to remember Burkhard mentioning he was trying to get alternative models that did not use mirror imaging for the tail fin and also the use of a decal.bmp. Both these factors kinda' limit the possibilities for re-paints.

With regard to the directory structure, I have made some effort to improve the zip structure but for anyone using the repaints there are detailed instructions, for each livery, as to the exact folder or file the d/load replaces. No reference actually needs to be made to the .cfg file.

For my part, I never unzip directly to FS2002 regardless of what the "read me" says..............too many bad experiences in the past.

I always unzip to a temp location, check what's there and do it manually.

What do others think about this subject :?:

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, I noticed there were no 747s in the fleet so I figured you were waiting for the new models. I haven't spoken to Burkhard in a while about them so am not sure as to their status.

I just took a look at your directory structure and found that for most, you have provided the final leg of the path i.e. texture.My04

For some reason I hadn't noticed this before...my mistake. :oops:

I completely agree about the direct unzipping procedure. I never do it. I always unzip into a temp directory, delete the unnecessary contents and then do the copying...that way it still places them in the right directory.

If your looking for more suggestions for your wish list..........A late X-mas gift that Santa forgot might include:

Boeing 757's and 767's

Airbus A330's and A340's

Lockheed L-1011s would be nice

Airlines? Eastern Airlines ( I could send you pictures )

An old classic North Central would be nice too......... Its why you call it a wish list right?

Happy New Year everyone!!

Doug

Please add:

B757....why is this aircraft missing????

B767 (200/300/400)....huh??

Overall, more heavy aircraft are needed in the simulation.

you guys are putting me to work with this damn editor!

Hi, this is a bit of a test, I hope it works as flawless as the Aircraft1 addon.

I made a small package of 8 more airports, the 5 Austrialian strating this thread among them, you can download it from

http://www.fsrail.com/Airports1.zip

Please read the included readme what to do to add them to your database, and report if it works.

Please read the included readme what to do to add them to your database, and report if it works.

Burkhard,

Fantastic, Excellent, Superb, what more can I say.

I now have 5 additional West Australian regional airports that I can use with My Traffic.

Now all I have to do is learn how to import the Skywest Fokker 50 that Martin created and then create some flight plans :D

Thanks very much for doing that. It appears to have worked as I now see the airport listing in the editor.

Excellent,

Chris Porter

Hi, If you wait a week or so, I will have a next Aircraft addition file as easy to add, and I should include Martins extra paints. What up to four airports would you call Skywests main airports (Perth I know).

Hi, If you wait a week or so, I will have a next Aircraft addition file as easy to add, and I should include Martins extra paints. What up to four airports would you call Skywests main airports (Perth I know).

Hi Burkhard,

Use the one's I listed above. They would probably be the most used ones.

Cheers

Chris Porter

PS Ummmm, while you're reading this... I have tried to install the new Fokker 50 as a new object/aircraft variation, but it requests a title from FS2002 (from the aircraft.cfg) Now I realise I am a bit slow when it comes to manipulating files etc in FS2002, but ...

Which version of the F50 do I use and what does the title look like?

How does one fit Martin's F50 texture to the model?

Can I invent a few aircraft numbers (VH-xxx) as I cannot seem to find a list of some real Skywest ones?

Any help is appreciated.

PPS I added Skywest as an airline and that seems to work.

I have the numbers already at home, operate already there.

Any aircraft.cfg file contains one or more flightsim.xx section. Behind the last, add a new

[fltsim.33]

title=Fokker 50 MyPaint33

sim=paif50

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=My33

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=VH-xxx

atc_airline=Skywest

atc_flight_number=5030

ui_manufacturer=Fairchild

ui_type=F-27

ui_variation=Skywest

visual_damage=

description=Project AI Fokker F50, 08\/04\/02, FDEs by David Carter and David Freed

atc_heavy=0

TBAirCraftUId=347

Add a new texture.My33 directory, and replace the texture in there by Martins. Now the program can refer to the title

Fokker 50 MyPaint33

Hi,

Unfortunately, you can't add new aircraft/airlines without using the Editor. You can replace current aircraft with alternative ones but this isn't recommended as most aircraft do not work well with the FS2002 AI traffic system.

We will be bringing out a aircraft livery upgrade kit which will include the enhanced repaints by Martin in an easy to install download.

Note: We will probably be adding more aircraft and liveries in future updates but nothing's official yet.

Hi

Thanks for that, so this update will consist of some new airliners and liveries will it??

Is there a help file on how to use the editor anywhere? As i would not know where to start to add aircraft. How does it work with adding airfields?

Thanks again

Mark

The editor comes with a long and detailed illustrated manual in html format, you can call it from the start menu, can't you?

The Skywest F50 are VH-FNA,FNB,FND,FNH and FNI. If you want more, they are cheap on the used airplane market :)

The editor comes with a long and detailed illustrated manual in html format, you can call it from the start menu, can't you?

The Skywest F50 are VH-FNA,FNB,FND,FNH and FNI. If you want more, they are cheap on the used airplane market :)

Thanks Burkhard,

Indeed, there are many of the worlds aircraft going for pretty cheap prices at the moment.

Cheers

Chris

Pls consider improving Kelowna (CYLW).

It's needs a lot more gates around the terminal area and GA parking spots on the north end of the field.

CYLW takes everything from Dash 8's to A320's to 737's.

Westjet, Air Canada and the Regional's are the big users.

Kelowna is significant airport in British Columbia, Canada.

Would you also please add a lot more Canadian flight plans to the next service release.

Cheers, Alt Hold

If I had the talent and patience of all the artists and developers for FS, I would love to constuct and paint some classic airplanes to include with the FS9, (ie DC-3, Constelatons, Piper Cub, Vikker, Fokker, Douglas, DeHavilin, Electras. )

I'm excited about the new Microsoft Flight Sim.

I think I could use Burkhard's editor to include the above mentioned planes from ProjectAI into my FS, but I WISH he could do it for me. ($5)

~My friends call me Joe

I haven't got confirmation yet that any of the teams that currently build AI planes has decided to go back in time, if they did I would love to license the planes. But I'm afraid I have to learn how to use GMAX or FSDS2 myself - with GMAX I fighted a bit, but it is a program with very strange properties. If f.i. I minimize it and enlage it later again, nothing fits any more, etc. Is anybody out there who knows how to tame that beast? While I managed a box to show up in the aircraft selection, any example I checked gives extremely meaningless error messages when compiling, and do not build a mdl file.

Yes, Kelowna will show 737s.