The simFlight Network Forums

Key activated software

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to assign a key sequence to activate a software after it has started.

I have my FS hardware Safeline (trottle, avionics,ecc...) activated by a specific software i normally put in autorun in my Windows system.

After the software is loaded i run it clicking a program button or typing "Ctrl - K" sequence.

I'd like to find a way to automatically run it without clicking or typing anything, something like a software that can make the sequence for me.

Can I do it with WideFS? Any other idea?

Thanks

Fabrizio

I'd like to know if there is a way to assign a key sequence to activate a software after it has started.

I have my FS hardware Safeline (trottle, avionics,ecc...) activated by a specific software i normally put in autorun in my Windows system.

After the software is loaded i run it clicking a program button or typing "Ctrl - K" sequence.

Sorry, I don't understand. You are saying that "loading" and "running" this program are two separate things? Why, when you load the program, doesn't it run?

I'd like to find a way to automatically run it without clicking or typing anything, something like a software that can make the sequence for me.

Both FSUIPC and WideFS have facilities for loading and running programs (treating these as the same thing). There is no single facility which will load a program, wait for it to load and become ready (how could it tell?) then send it some keystrokes. The latter is certainly a separate action.

Regards,

Pete

Hi and thanks for reply,

I mean i run the software and it opens a window where there are many options to configure the hardware and finally I start the communication with the hardware by pressing "Ctrl - K".

I don't need every time to configure it , so i'd like a way to automatically press"Ctrl -K" after running the software, to make the hardware immediately active.

I hope i explained better.

Thanks again

Fabrizio

I don't need every time to configure it , so i'd like a way to automatically press"Ctrl -K" after running the software, to make the hardware immediately active. I hope i explained better.

Yes, but sorry, there are no facilities to load a program, wait for it to be ready, then send it a key. Knowing when it is ready to accept one is a problem in itself.

Most programs like that usually have some command line option to load and run with assumed settings, or similar. Have you investigated what can be done in the program?

Pete

Hi Ben,

I'm testin the softwfare and i have 2 questions:

-How can i insert a "ctrl" pressed key in the keys section?

-How can i find the class name of the software to address it?

I tried typing the name displayed in his window and the one in windows task manager but it doesn't work.

Thanks for link of course.

Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,

To send Ctrl-K ^K To Send Alt-K %K

As to how to how to find the window title...

It *should* find it itself. Are you typing it correctly?

Note this was just a quick app I wrote, to help you out. I have no ideas about your software. Maybe there is a demo I could download for testing?

Ben

Hi Ben,

thanks for reply.

All works very good !

I really have no words.

Thanks again !

From the moment it's a software you made, is there a way to run another application after all is performed?

I's like to run FS2004 after loading the sowtare before.

Thanks

Fabrizio