The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.201

I've just tried downloading version 3.201 and am getting 3.14

Well if you mean on Enrico Schiratti's site, I know for certain that it was 3.20 since Saturday. It sounds like either your PC or your ISP are caching the file. Try flushing you browser's cache. If that doesn't work, try again, or contact your ISP and complain. I don't know of any easy solution. It seems to happen with some ISPs every time -- in fact I think Enrico put a note up about it on that very page. Did you check? It may give some advice.

If it's another website then contact them please and tell them to update. I distribute to many different places, though I know they don't all upload it.

I don't maintain any web-sites as such, by the way. Any problems really need to be dealt with by whatever service you choose to use.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I have received it now, it must have been cached somewhere. Most unusual though, because I have been downloading every version for the last year or more without any problems.

Still, I'm happy now. Thanks for the great product.

Regards

Russell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

I've been having trouble downloading the later updates to FSUIPC. They keep showing as version 3.14.

I've been using FSUIPC for a couple of years and the registered (payware) version since August last year.

Why all of a sudden I cannot update.

I've tried flushing out the browser's cache.

I only use Enrico's site to download fsuipc.

regards,

Malcolm

I've just tried the following several time:

In Norton SystemWorks, I deleted internet cached files.

Pressed ctrl + F5 as instructed on Enrico's site.

Disabled Download Accelerator 7

Disabled Norton Internet Security.

I still keep getting version 3.14.

Malcolm

I've just tried the following several time:

In Norton SystemWorks, I deleted internet cached files.

Pressed ctrl + F5 as instructed on Enrico's site.

Disabled Download Accelerator 7

Disabled Norton Internet Security.

I still keep getting version 3.14.

Malcolm

Sorry, it sounds like your ISP is one of the usual culprits. It will sort itself eventually, but I don't think anything Enrico or I can do will help it. The file is too large to attach here. You could try writing to Enrico and see if he can also put it up under a different name, perhaps "FSUIPC314.zip" -- I think some ISP servers must cache the files by name and don't check for changes in date and so on. The main file has to be called FSUIPC.zip because there are lots of links to it from all over the place, but it doesn't stop there being alternatives. Just more work and space.

Regards,

Pete

P.S. After today I am on holiday until March 12th, so please forgive any delays in replies.

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I now understand the thing about cached names and ISP not checking the version.

Is it not possible, in the future, to rename the file to include a version number, just like your ecample FSUIPC3201.zip? This would prevent a similar thing happening in the future.

Thanks and regards,

Malcolm

Is it not possible, in the future, to rename the file to include a version number, just like your ecample FSUIPC3201.zip? This would prevent a similar thing happening in the future.

I'll ask Enrico. There still needs to be an "FSUIPC.ZIP" with the current version, because there are many links to it all over the place. I'll ask Enrico if he wouldn't mind duplicating the file with the version number in it too.

Regards,

Pete