The simFlight Network Forums
johnlanc

EGLC London City - Aircraft Stuck on Runway

I have only just encountered the problem whereby aircarft will not leave the runway. But then little obsessions start setting in, so I keep trying London City.

On at least 2 separate occasions, I have had aircraft stuck on the runway when approaching runway 28.

1) A Dash8 appears to have tried to turn off too soon (nosewheel and left main on the grass. I landed but took avoiding action.

2) A Fed-Ex turboprop (can't remember type) just sat in the middle of the runway, I landed my Cessna 172 and managed to pull up behind it. Still nothing moved, but about 3-4 minutes later a Dolomiti Dash8 landed and just ploughed straight into us.

3) I went missed once when saw aircraft taxiing along runway towards me.

In all three cases, has received "Fly straight in runway 28". But I never got handed over to the Tower or received landing clearence.

Anybody else had similar experiences?

It seems that since the new service pack1 has been introduced there are traffic jams all over the place. Manchester UK has the same problem.

When I posted my findings they asked to to tune into ground then listen to ATC to see if they are being instructed to move ?? it may be worth trying.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem at LOWS (Salzburg, Austria).

I tried to tweak the AFCAD file in severall ways without any chance.

I even tried to rewrite the AFCAD file by myslef...no way to get the

planes off the runway or get a landing clearance or handed off to ground...Departure is no problem.

Best regards,

Constantin Lazzari

Hi, :?:

Thanks for your responses so far. Does anyone actually know if an attempt is going to be made to fix this, or are we all going to have to figure out our own workarounds?

PS. Another comment I have is that at EGLC, "You are leaving my airspace" comes up very quickly - like as soon as the wheels leave the ground. Is this normal?

Hi,

I am just waiting for Burkhard to get back...just before I left for my holiday we were discussing the fact that most of the layout problems were caused by the incorrect layout being used. Now with the whole extention issue being brought up again...we've been thrown back a bit.

Hi again,

Right I've been looking at some of the other posts. Some of the stuff to do with EGCC and KSTL looked similar to what I was experiencing.

I did a full reinstall of FS2002, reinstalled MyTraffic and I still had the problem.

Since then I have copied MYEGLC1.AFD and MYEGCC1.AFD from FS2002\scenery\MyTrafficAFD\scenery to FS2002\scenery\MyTrafficATC\scenery.

I think things are behaving properly at London City and Manchester now.

:?

Can you just clarify one thing for me at the moment. I've seen something in the manual about multiple menus for airports, but I just want to be sure.

Some of the airports in Create a Flight appear twice. (e.g. Manchester/Farnborough) most even those replaced by My Traffic airports appear just the once. Now for these airports how should they be labelled?

For example, should I be seeing "Heathrow" in the menu - as I currently do? or should I be seeing "Heathrow My Traffic"? Or does it not actually matter? :?:

Thanks

John

I had aircraft getting stuck on runways at several airports. As John stated above, I just copied ALL the MYXXXX1.bgl files from the AFD to ATC scenery folders and that has solved my problems.

I suggest you give that a try. Also, delete the scenery.dat folders; this will ensure that the scenery reindexes at FS2K2 start.

James

O.K. Guys

I have just been reading your solutions seems great. BUT to a Doh ! Doh 1 like me all this stuff about moving file semms like trouble. Can somebody please send i step by step so i dont blow me pc away.......

Ta very much

Hi,

do we have to COPY or MOVE all the files from AFD to ATC folder?

Beg your pardon for that "stupid" question, but I don't want to mess up my FS2002. Just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. :lol:

thx,

C. Lazzari

Gentlemen!

I could not wait for an answer and I just copy my faulty file (LOWS, Salzburg Austria) to the ATC folder as mentioned above.

I'm very pleased to tell you that this worked! Thank you very much to all of you! I love this forums! I'm asking myself why it works now? Anybody knows an answer?

Thx,

Constantin

Yes. As I repeat to say :) :

Of a given airport, ATC uses for your communication the layout it finds with the biggest Layer= . It uses for the AI traffic the one with the lowest layer= . If any other machine uses a layout, and which one, is unknown. Which ones are used by any other third party software is only known to those authors (hopefully). Third party software uses to have layouts anywhere, and never takes account of this (except GA4 f.i.)

By having a copy of the MyTrafficAFD layout in the MyTrafficATC folder, you ensure the same layout to be at low and high layer, so you see the identical frequencies etc. than AI traffic, and whatever other addon should see it too.

I cannot say today. I have the impression that it is not necessary as long as you add MyTraffic to a "clean" FS2002. With other addons, after modifying AFD files, etc it seems to become successfull. With the necessary support for ThirdParty overlays, things get still more complicated to do.

By the way, Martin, your new private Fokker on todays title page should have a big cargo door - how do you get enough containers with paint aboard without? Or are you using small consumer buckets?

Constantin:

Glad to hear you had success. You may have seen my thread below where I had problems with aircraft getting stuck on the runway at KSTL. After a couple agonizing days, I came across a post from Burkhard saying to copy and paste the ,bgl's to the ATC folder, and it worked.

So, I'm glad that it worked for you.

James

Good thinking Burkhard.

Got these French ones, welded in,from the local DIY, they'll do for now.

Just a decent roof rack for the ladders and I'm all set :D

Can somebody please confirm what i should do to sort out my problem of traffic on runways

an earlier " post " said to copy the MYEGLC1.AFD and MYEGCC1.AFD from FS2002\scenery\MyTrafficAFD\scenery to FS2002\scenery\MyTrafficATC\scenery.

Will this sort the problem out ?????????????

Hi,

Try copying the files. It might solve the problem, but there is no way to be sure. It definitely won't affect AI traffic adversely though.

are you going to create a patch to solve the problem of traffic stopping on runways. it only started with the service pack1. why does it now seem that nobody is trying to solve this issue.????????????????????????

Hi,

Did you try copying the files over as described in the earlier post?

If there is a problem with the AFD file, it will be fixed.

Just to reconfirm, your MyTrafficAFD layer is third from the bottom in your scenery library...right?

SP1 had the main purpose to solve the stuck problem. All stuck problems reported since than could be identified to be do to wrong priority settings or other user changes, third party issues, and be fixed by making the simple copy of layout.

What I plan is a tool for the start menu that allows to update the Users copy of the layouts to be identical to the AI one, but that is nothing which can be written and tested in a couple of weeks.

Burkhard

checked the scenery liberary and the afd files are third from bottom. i have looked in my scenedb then into mytraffic afd but all the files read mythen letters.bgl. are these the files i am surposed to copy ??????