The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic 2004 version 2.0

You had to wait longer than planned, but here it is:

I'm happy to announce MyTraffic 2004 version 2.0. This is a major new product, arround 90% of the files (but the textures) are new.

Mayor new features are:

Traffic into 5900 airports

800 AI enhanced airports included, about half of them had no traffic in stock FS2004. 100 or more aircrafts have been observed to be present at some major hubs, depending on the time of the day of course.

73 aircraft models are used to create traffic, among them new models:

- Airbus A318

- Boeing 757-300

- Boeing 767-400

- Tupolev 154 and 204

- Ilyushin 76 and 96.

- Canadair Regional Jet

Several frequent models got replaced by Multi-LOD models to improve the performance, among them A300,A310,A319,A320,A321,B757,B767,B777,MD11.

A new version of the editor is not only faster, but offers more options to create special files.

Traffic is organized in 6 files, separating hand made, airline, cargo, military, global traffic and Touch and Go flights.

Delivery of MyTraffic2004 version 2.0 will start today from Simmarket.

Existing costumors of MyTraffic who want to update their existing setup from MyTraffic2004 version 1.0 to version 2.0 have two options.

Many of you wished to get a complete new package instead of a long history of incremental updates. After some discussions with the Simmarket management, I could establish a special offer for You to get a complete new package with a 66% rabate, so for ?9.99 instead of the new price ?29.99 . This offer is not only valid for exisiting MyTraffic 2004 costumors, but also for you who got one of the preceeding versions of MyTraffic for FS2002. Just use the same account at Simmarket as for the original order. This should be avaiable later today.

In addition, for users who have a well working standard MyTraffic2004 installation, there is again a free incremental update available. I wrote a small utility that examines if your setup looks reasonable, depending on the outcome it will point you to different versions of the download and tell you a fitting password to open the archives to unzip the Installer.

You find this update checker under

http://www.fsrail.com/Updatechecker.zip

It includes instructions on how to use it. In short, you just unzip the Updatechecker.exe and place it to your FS9\MyTraffic folder. There you execute it, and it will give you the name of the file that you may download and a password to open that file.

Download size of the new product is 166MB (including the sound patch files) or 126 MB (without these that you can download separately from http://www.mytraffic2004.com

Depending of the exact version it finds, downlaod size of the incremental update is 15 to 40 MB.

(Husain, please fix this as announcement)

Absolutely sensational Burkhard.

Downloading the incremental update as I type.

Thanks and best regards as always.

Cheers,

Chris Porter

Sounds like a very good argument to switch back to MT2004. :roll:

What´s about users with the "boxed-version, delivered by aerosoft? Will the update work on this version?

Burkhard,

Let me get this straight:

I bought Mytraffic 2002 a couple of weeks before the release of FS9. I did this, because I could read at the forum that there was going to be a free update to FS9, so I decided not to wait.

Now, you only mention the Mytraffic2004.1 users being able to get the free update to MT2.0. When I run the update checker I get a zero.

I suppose this means I have to buy the 9,99 offer. I am not amused and in retroperspective I would of course have waited for MT2004 before buying the product. In comparision: the Ultimate Traffic update for the FS2002-users to FS9 is free... and in the long run I have to pay 40,00 for MyTraffic to get the full FS9 package, where UT-users pay 30,00.

Regards,

Jack Vegt

Hi Burkhard, thank you for the update! I have a question:

How can I merge the scheduled flights that I already have created into the new flight plan that the new version has? I noticed a new .MYT file that has less operations than the one I currently have. Do I have to run the database builder to see the changes?? Since there are new airplane and airports? Thanks,

Gonzo.

Habe es geschafft zu installieren obwohl ich die boxed Version habe.

Hat alles wunderbar geklappt nur ich sehe die neuen Flugzeuge nicht (bis auf IL 76) weder als AI Traffic geschweige denn als Auswahlflugzeug im FS2004. Ich habe festgestellt ,das bei der IL 76 eine IL76.air und eine Il76-unvis.air vorhanden ist. Bei den andren ist nur die unvis.air zu finden. Kann es etwa daran liegen?

Auf der My Traffic 2004 CD von Aerosoft ist ein Ordner Update und dort drin wiederum ein Ordner MyTraffic_1.3_to_MyTraffic_2004. In diesem Ordner habe ich die exe To2004-Scenery ausgeführt. Nach dem das fertig war habe ich den Updatechecker ausgeführt und siehe da er hat gesagt ich kann das Update runterladen obwohl er vorher gebracht hat das es nicht geht weil ich eine boxed Version habe. Das Update ging einmanfrei nur ich finde die neuen Flugzeuge nicht wie ich vorhins geschrieben habe obwohl sie im Ordner Aircraft zu sehen sind. Der Rest funktioniert (die neuen Texturen, die AFCAD Airports usw.)

@Boerries

Wenn du Herausgefundenhast wie man die anderen Flugzeuge zu sehen kann außer IL76 sage mir bitte bitte bescheit.

@Boerries

Wenn du Herausgefundenhast wie man die anderen Flugzeuge zu sehen kann außer IL76 sage mir bitte bitte bescheit.

Das Du die Maschinen im Auswahlmenue nicht siehst, ist richtig so und gewollt. Sonst würde sich die Ladezeit des Menues eklatant verlängern. Die IL76 war die Ausnahme, dort wurde einmal der entsprechende Eintrag in der Air-Datei vergessen.

Du kannst Dir dir *.air- Datei mit dem Tool "AirEd" (http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/) ansehen, dort gibt es den Parameter "105 Aircraft Type"; steht dieser auf "0" siehst Du die Maschine im Menue, steht er auf "2" ist das Flugzeug als "AI-Traffic" definiert.

Ich war gerade in KSEA und dort war alles voll mit Maschinen

Burkhard,

I most sincerely apologize for my premature mail. I forgot to run the updatechecker from within the MyTraffic folder (what, do you really have to read "Readme files"? :? )

Once done, I got the password.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Regards,

Jack Vegt

War auch gerade mal in KSEA habe auch die Flugzeuge gesehen aber es war kein neues dabei. Weder ein A318 usw. War auch schon mal in Moskau da müssten ja normaler weise TU154 und IL96 zu sehen sein waren aber nicht sondern nur IL86, IL62, A310 usw.

PS: Mir ist aufgefallen das bei der MD11 die Positionslichter wieder falsch platziert sind (wie in Version 1.0)

War auch gerade mal in KSEA habe auch die Flugzeuge gesehen aber es war kein neues dabei. Weder ein A318 usw. War auch schon mal in Moskau da müssten ja normaler weise TU154 und IL96 zu sehen sein waren aber nicht sondern nur IL86, IL62, A310 usw.

PS: Mir ist aufgefallen das bei der MD11 die Positionslichter wieder falsch platziert sind (wie in Version 1.0)

UUEE: 17:42 Aeroflot IL96 Dest.: ZGGG

Schau mal in den MT Editor, das kannst Du die Daten einsehen

I run the Updatechecker, received the Password, downloaded the file and installed it.

Unfortunately there are now only about 200.000 flights rather than more than 500.000 before.

And I only see very less planes and I think only new ones (and also only Lufthansa and DHL at Berlin-Tegel for example, where there were at least 10 different airlines before), all the older ones have vanished or something like that?

I noticed that in the installer menue it is said that it will ask me for several things which I have to acknowledge, after I press the "Exit" button but the only thing that is asked is whether I want to create an entry for the MyWorldAirports. After that there is a DOS window and after 2 minutes it simply closes without any confirmation. I can see that there are some files mentioned in that window, called Myroutesline or Myroutesmil and so on but I cannot find them in my MyTraffic folder so where should the program get them from?

And finally the Mytraffic.bgl isn't at the scenery/world folder anymore after the installation of the update. But there are some new Mytraffic***.bgl which are alltogether only half as big as the old mytraffic.bgl file.

Hope you can help me Burkhard. :cry:

Sorry Burkhard, but I went to "fsrail.com" to download the incremental update file (MT2004U20a.zip) and could not find it. I have my password ready to download when I find it...LOL

Regards,

Tom Stewart

I posted the URL into my browser exactly as shown in the pop up and downloaded the file with no problems.

Victor :)

Hi

I have same problobem after update like Hobbypilot I also see very less planes and I think only new ones.

Can some one Help us. :cry:

Thank you David

@ jackvegt:

The free update To2004.zip still is available since July 2003, so you do not have to pay a cent, just have to make the incremental updates that thousands of users made successfully.

The special offer is intended to easy your life. Imagine, Intel brings out a 32bit processor with 650 MHz. You buy that. Shortly after, Intel brings a 64bit processor with 1050 MHz, and offers you to exchange it, you just have to do the installation yourself. 9 month later, a newer version comes out with 1190 MHz, and again you can exchange the previous model for free. In addition, they offer you a complete replacement kit for a third of the normal price. I would consider this a good practise.

Sorry, should also read further.

With you mix install of Aerosoft/2002 version/update/update I cannot help. Please contact your dealer, he kept the money for the support. Aerosoft will get its data this week, and create a new version, press the CDs, etc...

Concerning the file size, indeed the number of schedules got reduced. The main reason for this is to avoid the planes that delete themselves and to keep the traffic fluent. And there are other reasons, like the closed traffic patterns etc, where one flight can replace almost 100, just does not put so much load onto the system.

I made careful checks at many airports that the number of planes that really can be seen to depart and to land has been increased, just those flights that do not take place or lead to congestions got removed. If there is a wish, we can prepare and upload an alternative set of schedules which are less concerned about fluent traffic.

I made a few screenshot to give you an example of the decreasement of aircrafts.

first before the update:

grab_000.jpg

and after the update

grab_002.jpg

before the update

grab_006.jpg

and after it

grab_003.jpg

and finally before

grab_005.jpg

and after

grab_004.jpg