The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic 2004 version 2.0

hmm,

I'm sorry I still dont understand. I'm confused as to what "go to the note before this" means..

Could you tell me exactly what I need to do in order to get the update? A'm I eligable for it?

Thanks again,

Gabe

Thanks!

The readme doesn't specify how to update.

I 'm assuming that I should replace some files?

If so could you tell me which files I need to replace?

Gabe

Just put it into the MyTraffic folder. It replaces MyTraffic.exe and adds the two different TT2SDK (plus a small readme on these).

Thanks for your help again.

1) I replaced the files in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic

(MyTraffic.exe/TT2SDK2.exe/TT2SDK2.txt/TT2SDK.exe)

2) Ran the update checker

Still wont provide a download link because I get: "This version has been modified and is of unknown state, there is no incremental update possible" (ect).

However it gives me that same code I sent to you earlier.

Have you seen this before?

Gabe

Hi Gabe,

Once you install the update above, you have the latest version of MyTraffic. Since this update was released after the update checker itself, the latter is unable to recognize it.

Yes, and even more :lol:

I checked with normal update that the update checker produces a message to be up to date, but now you are beyond 2.0 .... Hope you have a lot of fun with it now.

hi guys i have mt2004 cd version on the cd it has cd version3.2 but if you flip it over to the data side it lookes like it say's traffic 1.01 anyway what i'm asking is do i install the sound patch :lol: :lol: :lol:

You refer to the Aerosoft version. Do they call it 3.2 after mixing up the 1.3 to 3.1 on the last one. No idea about that, I even have no reference copy. But it should be the complete full installer, and identical to 2.0 including the actual sound file.

Hi,

I'm downloading version 2 now, but before I install it, could someone clarify;

I use the pro rata traffic file on my current version which allows me to reduce the level of Airline traffic while keeping GA traffic at a high level. I'd really like to use V2 because traffic doing circuits and the military traffic sounds great, but will this overwrite the effects of the GA pro rata file?

I currently have AI density at 60% which actually gives me full GA and 'enough' Airliners to keep me happy. I don't want to install the update and see most of the GA traffic disappear unless I crank the density back up to 100%

thanks in advance

In this case, you should do the following with Version 2.0

- Start the editor by doubleclicking

- Open database MT2004V20.myt

- Press the rightmost button with the yellow R - create all files and traffic

- In the following dialog, set the radio button on the right side down to "More light at low density"

- Let it do its job, end the editor, and you will find the behaviour better suited to your needs.

Thanks Burkhard, I'll try that.

Stupid question.. how/where do I launch the editor? I can't see any files that look like the editor. Where would the file be?

cheers

edit.. ps, MT2004.myt is 43,486kb.. MT2004V20.myt is 25,309 kb.. does that sound right?

edit again(!) I found the editor.. MT2004 has total operations 518818.. the MT2004V20 file has 232000.. is something wrong? I'm not seeing the 1+ million quoted.

MT2004 V20 comes with moderate fillings of the airports. There is a high density edition available, and using the editor you can tune it in MyTraffic.ini by definining "How many aircracfts should be handled per gate, per ramp, per runway every day"

On the marketing number, comparing MT with the competiton we always wondered why the claimed excessive number of flights and at the airports and in the air there was NIRWANA - until we foud out that they refer to weekly schedules, not to daily. So we decided to show weekly number too.

To be honest, I didn't succeed to get FS9 between 2.8 Mio weekly schedules and still to show all of them and work as supposed.

Burkhard,

I got it running and it's great. I still have loads of GA and a good amount of Airline. Plus now I get the military traffic too.

Thanks for the making of it :)

Hi Burkhard

in future versions will you be changing to weekly schedules or keeping 24hr schedules, would be handy if your editor could read the 24hr schedules and change them to weeking so that a single aircraft identifier was only listed once.

Regards Denis

99% of the schedules will remain daily. We have traffic bgls of 40-50MB, more likely to grow, and switching to weekly would blow them up to 280-350 MB, which FS9 would have to keep in system memory and to track constantly - so hit framerate, and definitvely the aim is to improve performance, so I was thinking already of shorter cycles to gain another percent.

In addition, if you only make the autoscheduling, any ID will be listed only once, but you only will get about 100K operations from the 24K aircrafts - it is still a long way until we have all the 350 series, 6500 airlines, 20K types and 55K regs listed in the JP airliners list, the holy bible of traffic - not counting military and non-commercial GA.

Hi

If i understand this correctly, the editor places aircraft at the right airports and hubs within the airlines region of operation, but the actual flights themselves are random.

Regards Denis

Not quite random. They follow some logic to concentrate them at hubs in early morning, and to have more such concentrations the bigger the airlines, etc, but they do not take care for promises the marketing departments make to potential victims of selling a flight at 7:00 when they have a slot at 9:20.