The simFlight Network Forums

Wideserver configuration question

I have configured in the nvidia menu some function kays to launch the pfd.exe o my second monitor automatically.

With Ctrl+1 i perform pfd.exe and with Ctrl+2 i move the application on my

second monitor.

help serves me please , on as can i perform these operations in automatic in the wideserver.ini ?

Best regards

Paolo

I have configured in the nvidia menu some function kays to launch the pfd.exe o my second monitor automatically.

With Ctrl+1 i perform pfd.exe and with Ctrl+2 i move the application on my second monitor.

help serves me please , on as can i perform these operations in automatic in the wideserver.ini ?

WideServer can load programs for you, but it is probably better done with FSUIPC. It's a matter of editing the INI file -- for FSUIPC it is described in the Advanced User's Guide, or made simpler by Jose Oliveira's nice utility "FSUIPC Run Options" available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

On a Client PC, you add entries to the WideClient.ini file to get it to load programs. See WIDEFS.DOC. You can use "Run" or "RunReady" parameters to load immediately or load when FS is ready.

But in either case there are no facilities for moving windows about. This sounds like some sort of mouse and key sequence. I'm afraid there's nothing in WideFS or FSUIPC which will do that. Doesn't the program remember where it should be and do this itself? If this is Project Magenta's PFD it certainly should do -- I have three copies running on one Client PC using three screens on a Parhelia, and each one (Captain's PFD/ND, Eicas and First Officer's ND/PFD) come up on their correct screen in the correct size, each time WideClient loads them.

Regards,

Pete