The simFlight Network Forums

Freeware Keys Discussions

I have downloaded Cory Wiruns' GNDMAKER software and am trying to use it in conjuction with FS2K2 and FSUIPC . However, I do not have the GNDMAKER application key , and although it is referred to on the GNDMAKER web site, I can find no trace of it anywhere. I hope that you will be able to help out with this problem

Okay, I've now found the relevant website and checked this out. Yes, GndMaker does have a FreeWare access key for FSUIPC, but this is built into version 1.1 of GndMaker, which at present, according to the site, is only available to Beta testers with a password.

Since the key is built in you don't need one supplying separately. If you are not on the Beta tester list, it looks like you need to await the official release.

Regards,

Pete

Peter,

thanks for your reply; I reached the same conclusion last night :wink:

So, sadly I have had to revert to a pre-V3 version of FSUIPC on the machine used for sector file creation/editing. As you say, I will just have to wait for the V1.1 public release.

One point this does raise is the non-availability of pre-V3 versions to cater for just this kind of situation; all download links point to your most recent release. I managed to find an online MSN contact (cheers Iain) who had a copy of a version that would work.

Regards

Gareth

So, sadly I have had to revert to a pre-V3 version of FSUIPC on the machine used for sector file creation/editing. As you say, I will just have to wait for the V1.1 public release.

So, what version have you got? I take it you are not a Beta tester? If the relevant program details are the same then the same freeware Key would work.

One point this does raise is the non-availability of pre-V3 versions to cater for just this kind of situation; all download links point to your most recent release.

I cannot support old versions. For freeware I can and will supply freeware keys, so it shouldn't be a problem. But in this case no one has supplied any details for me to generate the key except the author. If the details for whatever version you are using are the same as for the version he got the Key for, then all that is needed is for the Key to be published so it can be entered manually. I spent quite a lot of time of that system so that it wouldn't be a problem, but I am dependent on information supplied.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

due to this forum I succeded in using AFCAD2 in connection with FS9 and your (still unregistered) tool, but what is about Ground2K4? When trying, it tells me:"Error connection with FSConnect : 1".

Is there something I didn't see or made wrong???

Regards

Hartmut

Meckenheim (Germany)

what is about Ground2K4? When trying, it tells me:"Error connection with FSConnect : 1".

Is there something I didn't see or made wrong???

I've not heard of "Ground2K4", but it soounds like it needs something called "FSConnect". Maybe it doesn't use FSUIPC, but some other module? Have you checked? Aren't there any instructions with it?

Regards,

Pete

Hallo again Pete,

thanks for your quick answer and .... you are right!!!

Ground2K is a disignertool for creating VTP2-polys and lines in FS2002/2004-style. And the former version for FS 2002 needed your module to connect it to the simulator. The new one ground2K4 for FS 2004 needs a module named fsconnect and I found it at awsim.com.

Thank you again!

Regards

Hartmut

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Pete, sorry to bug you for a code for the third time, but I finally got VMETAR to speak the way it's suppsoed to. But, I can't use it to fly because there's no code. The website is http://www10.brinkster.com/vmetar if you need more info.

This is for an unregistered copy of FSUIPC, yes? If your FSUIPC is registered then it needs no codes for any programs.

Really codes for freeware programs should be obtained by their author. Is this a freeware older program no longer being maintained? If so, I can publish a code but I need information:

1. It's exact EXE name

2 The Product Description text from its "Version" information.

3. The "Company" name from its Version information.

You get the Version information by right clicking on the program in Explorer, selecting Properties then Version.

Pete

I emailed the author at his email address on the site a few days ago but haven't heard back. It was a hotmail address so my guess is the project has gone inactive. :lol:

Here's the info:

1. vMETAR.exe

2. vMETAR

3. Darren Vernon

Again, the version I have was published back in February and there haven't been any updates done since. I'm not sure if the project was abandoned or if there is a major overhaul going on, but it looks like it was abandoned.

Thanks,

Matt

• 1 month later...

I can run AFCAD with FS2004 but AIRPORT is getting massive delays with FS open. I've not had any replies from Airport support as yet. Is there a code? I'm building public domain unlicensed airfields for Western Australia.

105390 Client Application: "Airport" (Id=1176)

105390 C:\Program Files\Airport for Windows\Airport.exe

105390 Product="Airport for Windows"

105390 Company="Tom Hiscox (thiscox@msn.com), Pascal Meziat (pascal@simflight.com) "

109031 Illegal read attempt: offset 0564, size 4

109031Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

I can run AFCAD with FS2004 but AIRPORT is getting massive delays with FS open. I've not had any replies from Airport support as yet. Is there a code? I'm building public domain unlicensed airfields for Western Australia.

105390 Client Application: "Airport" (Id=1176)

105390 C:\Program Files\Airport for Windows\Airport.exe

105390 Product="Airport for Windows"

105390 Company="Tom Hiscox (thiscox@msn.com), Pascal Meziat (pascal@simflight.com) "

109031 Illegal read attempt: offset 0564, size 4

109031Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

Sorry, what is "Airport"? Is it freeware?

Pete

Airport for windows is freeware for creating scenery for FS. I create objects for use in FS with "Easy Object Designer" and create airfields with "AIRPORT". I offer my work in the public domain so that others can modify (hopefully improve) it.

http://www.airportforwindows.com/aboutus.html

http://www.airportforwindows.com/downloads.html

Airport for windows is freeware for creating scenery for FS.

Okay. The only reason there's not been a key for it is that no one has asked before. since all the information I needed was in the Log extract you supplied, I have managed to make a key without further to do:

Application="Airport"

Product="Airport for Windows"

Company="Tom Hiscox (thiscox@msn.com), Pascal Meziat (pascal@simflight.com) "

key=E590 W3BL YV9L

I'll add this to the main list at the top of this thread.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

was installing all my stuff again after a HDD crash and have come up against a key error when trying to use AIBridge.

I entered the info as shown in your key list at the top of this topic, but when I run FS I get the following entries in the log file:

898663 Client Application: "AIBridge" (Id=2424)

898663 E:\AIBridge\AIBridge.exe

898663 Description=""

898663 Company="José Oliveira"

898663 Illegal write attempt: offset 1F80, size 40

898663Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

FYI, the program properties for the copy of AIBridge I have are as follows:

Company Name - Jose Oliviera (with an accent over the 'e' in Jose)

Internal Name - AIBridge.exe

Language - English(United States)

Original Filename - AIBridge.exe

Product Version - 2.0

This seems to be at odds with the data as listed in the freeware key list as I was expecting to see a property such as

Product Name - AIBridge

This seems to be implied as required from the keylist data at the head of this topic. Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Gareth

I entered the info as shown in your key list at the top of this topic, but when I run FS I get the following entries in the log file:

898663 Client Application: "AIBridge" (Id=2424)

898663 E:\AIBridge\AIBridge.exe

898663 Description=""

898663 Company="José Oliveira"

898663 Illegal write attempt: offset 1F80, size 40

898663Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

I only generated the key based on the information given to me at that time. In fact a Product Name or Product Description field is needed, so I don't know how the currently uploaded version (2.0) was ever used with the Key I published, even though this dates back several months already.

I know Jose is near publishing a revised version which is (also?) compatible with FS2004 -- version 2.0 isn't, as far as I know. If this is not suitable or imminent all I could do, with Jose's permission, is patch the Properties in his version 2.0 to make it acceptable to FSUIPC.

I can do this during the week, but perhaps meanwhile you could post this to him and see what he says?

Thanks,

Pete