The simFlight Network Forums

Wind smoothing a bit

Hallo :)

I have a problem with wind smoothing together with ActiveSky 2004.

I do not use AS own wind smoothing options.

Only FSUIPC.

The problem is that it apprears that when the changes are too big (like more then 100°) there are stutters in the wind, as if the smoothing does not work.

For small changes everything works fine.

I cannot say exactly from which amount this problem arouse, as i only observed this happening when flying.

Thank you and good night since it's a bit late ;)

Claudio

I do not use AS own wind smoothing options.

Only FSUIPC.

FSUIPC cannot smooth winds in local weather, and AS2004 uses local weather. In fact the only smoothing option in FSUIPC which works usefully in FS2004 is the one for visibility. Global weather control is problematic in FS2004 (see some of the notes about it above and in the docs, not to mention all the threads! :wink: ).

Regards

Pete

Damian and others determined that when the winds change in a certain direction FS does not make a smooth transition, causing overspeed crashes et. all. In the other direction, FS does make a smooth transition.

I'm all over the place because people post stuff all over! And the Weather Center forum is here for me to check on!!