The simFlight Network Forums

ILS dot deviation in degrees?

Hi Pete & community,

I have written an approach plotting application which shows me the vertical and lateral deviation on a 15NM final ILS.

Important for me is to know the exact dot-deviation from Localizer or Glideslope. In real life one lateral dot means one degree while one dot deviation on the glide equals 0.35 degrees deviation. Some tests with FS2004 revealed that FS must have other values. My question in short:

Is there any way (via FSUIPC or BGL files) to get the appropriate values from FS to draw the exact profile in my app?

Thank you for your help!

Michael

Is there any way (via FSUIPC or BGL files) to get the appropriate values from FS to draw the exact profile in my app?

Not sure about how you draw a profile, but the localiser and glideslope deviations available in FSUIPC offsets 0C48 and 0C49 are accurate, but in arbitrary units. If you want degrees you'd need to work out some calibration. Best way to do that is use the FSUIPC Monitoring facility (Logging page, right-hand side) to display the values live on screen and note down the exact numbers for each position.

Regards,

Pete