The simFlight Network Forums

Rotor Lateral Trim function

I found in keys and buttons mapping this function. It is not described in documentation. I thought there is not support for helicopter rotor trim in FS.

Is Rotor Lateral Trim function really for heliocopter trimming? I tried it but it seems that it not works :(

Jiri Stejskal

I found in keys and buttons mapping this function. It is not described in documentation. I thought there is not support for helicopter rotor trim in FS.

Is Rotor Lateral Trim function really for heliocopter trimming? I tried it but it seems that it not works :(

I'm afraid I know nothing about helicopters, so I am dependent upon others telling me what there is and what works. The drop-down lists in Keys and Buttons are simply taken from a table in FS's own CONTROLS.DLL.

There are these variables which I never found any explanation for and haven't mapped:

ROTOR BRAKE HANDLE POS

ROTOR BRAKE ACTIVE

ROTOR CLUTCH SWITCH POS

ROTOR CLUTCH ACTIVE

ROTOR GOV SWITCH POS

ROTOR GOV ACTIVE

ROTOR LATERAL TRIM PCT

and these FS controls, which I don't know:

ROTOR_BRAKE

ROTOR_CLUTCH_SWITCH_TOGGLE

ROTOR_CLUTCH_SWITCH_SET

ROTOR_GOV_SWITCH_TOGGLE

ROTOR_GOV_SWITCH_SET

ROTOR_LATERAL_TRIM_INC

ROTOR_LATERAL_TRIM_DEC

ROTOR_LATERAL_TRIM_SET

Whether any of these actually work or not, I don't know. Test them with a real helo model, not the FS2004 Robinson which I think has been implemented using a normal aircraft model.

As far as the variables are concerned, if they are needed and likely to work I can probably find a way to map them, but I need some explanation first so I can understand a bit about what I'm looking for.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you very much Pete for quick reply.

Maybe these functions are implemented with new R-22 flight model. It supports rotor brake (brakes main rotor after landing and engine shutdown) and rotor clutch (when disabled, main rotor is not powered, it is useful on startup for better motor start, when motor have RPM, clutch connect motor and rotor shafts. Same as in cars).

Governor function is in Bell 206 model too, it automaticly increases or decreases engine RMP when main rotor needs more or less power.

I tried rotor trim function with helicopters with Bell FM. Maybe with light helos with R-22 FM it will works.

Rotor lateral trim seems to me as elevator trim in fixed wing airplane. In real helicopter are systems which has equal functions as elevator trim.

Without MS designers it is unsolvable thing :o(

Not necessarily. if the values are there and useful, then someone somewhere will know what they are and how to use them. Most of the engine and performance values already in the FSUIPC offsets list were derived and proved by individual aircraft expert users, not resolved at all for me by Microsoft.

Regards,

Pete

Problem solved. This function works only with R-22 flight model, not with Bell FM.

And it is not trim around lateral axis as I thought, but really lateral trim. It rotates helicopter around longitudinal axis and it worsk as aileron trim in fixed wing aircraft.

Thank you Pete for your time.