The simFlight Network Forums

"See Self" Toggle

Hello, for some reason I seem to recall an option in FSUIPC to toggle a "see self" option (where you can't see the virtual cockpit from the 2d panel view, equivalent of setting see_self to 0 in the fs9.ini file).

Now I cannot seem to find where the option is. I have looked at all the documentation to no avail. Any suggestions?

Robert Williamson

Hello, for some reason I seem to recall an option in FSUIPC to toggle a "see self" option (where you can't see the virtual cockpit from the 2d panel view, equivalent of setting see_self to 0 in the fs9.ini file).

No, there never was any such option in FSUIPC. Only in FS itself that I recall. It's for 2D panels only I think.

Regards,

Pete

Hmm, I have setup a hotkey to hide the virtual cockpit in 2d panel mode. I assigned the F5 key to do so, and it toggles the virtual cockpit right now (when in 2d mode). I cannot find a key assignment to do this in FS2004. The only place I can think I did this would be in FSUIPC...

Again, this was to hide the virtual cockpit or any of the airplane model from view when in 2d mode). It essential toggles the see_self option in the FS9.cfg file. I remember thinking this was a nice feature for FSUIPC as FS2004 kept resetting that value from time to time (I don't know if the latest Microsoft patch fixed this). In any event, I would like to assign another hotkey to this VC hide toggle function.

Is it possible, that this could be done by editing the fsuipc.ini file?

Robert Williamson

Hmm, I have setup a hotkey to hide the virtual cockpit in 2d panel mode. I assigned the F5 key to do so, and it toggles the virtual cockpit right now (when in 2d mode). I cannot find a key assignment to do this in FS2004. The only place I can think I did this would be in FSUIPC...

There may be an FS control in the drop-down list which does such a thing. I don't know, really, sorry. The drop-down list of controls in both Buttons and Keys pages of FSUIPC are mostly listing controls from FS -- the names are actually from the CONTROLS.DLL in FS and vary from version to version of FS. There are additional controls added by FSUIPC, but none for such a function as you describe.

Again, this was to hide the virtual cockpit or any of the airplane model from view when in 2d mode). It essential toggles the see_self option in the FS9.cfg file.

I certainly have never had anything in any of my FS add-ons which change things in any FS CFG file. Are you sure you are not thinking of some other add-on. FSAssist or something?

Have a scan through the FS controls. Perhaps some of the names there may ring a bell. I included a PDF document listing all the FS2004 controls in the latest FSUIPC ZIP (3.411).

Regards,

Pete