The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and CH Products Throttle Quadrant

Hi,

I recently purchased the above hardware and calibrated it using FSUIPC.

I seem to have a problem with one of the throttle lever axis in that FSUIPC does not see the Y-ROTATION axis which is the 5th axis form the left. I had hoped to assign this axis to the spoilers deployment.

All the other axis work fine and have been programmed successfully. Is this a problem with FSUIPC or do I have a problem with the actual throttle hardware.

Many thanks

Mark

I seem to have a problem with one of the throttle lever axis in that FSUIPC does not see the Y-ROTATION axis which is the 5th axis form the left. I had hoped to assign this axis to the spoilers deployment.

FSUIPC is not actually processing axes as such, it is intercepting and processing the FS controls with the stated function. It is not a joystick driver and does not read the axes at all.

In order to use an axis, you need to assign it in FS -- Options-Controls-Assignments. You will actually find the spoiler listed there, for assignment. When it is assigned in FS as a spoiler, FSUIPC will see it as a spoiler. If you assign it to something else, it will be something else.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

I have assigned the throttle axis within FS setting the y-notation to be spoilers and have successfully assigned the other throttle to be either throttle controls or flap lever and all are working fine.

However with the problem throttle although I can set it to whatever function I want within FS lever when I move between the min to max positions I get no readings at all from within FSUIPC and therefore I can't set the min max values like I had to do with all the other levers.

Originally I put this down to FSUIPC not being set up to handle this new device as FSUIPC also didn't recognise the event of pulling the throttle lever back into the dedent position. However with the latest release of FSUIPC I can assign functions to 6 throttle lever dedent buttons.

But I still have a thios problem with this one throttle axis that FSUIPC doesn't see when I move the lever.

I was beginning to think this was a fault with my throttle, but thought I would post a note here just in case

Many thanks

Mark

I have assigned the throttle axis within FS setting the y-notation to be spoilers and have successfully assigned the other throttle to be either throttle controls or flap lever and all are working fine.

However with the problem throttle although I can set it to whatever function I want within FS lever when I move between the min to max positions I get no readings at all from within FSUIPC and therefore I can't set the min max values like I had to do with all the other levers.

If you've assigned it to the spoiler in FS, it will show up as the Spoiler in FSUIPC, not as a Throttle. Does it move the spoiler lever in FS at all?

If it does not move either in FSUIPC or the lever in FS, then the most likely thing is that you have the FS sensitivity for that axis set at minimum. Set it to maximum, and while you are at it, set the null zone to minimum.

But I still have a thios problem with this one throttle axis that FSUIPC doesn't see when I move the lever.

It isn't a throttle axis if it is assigned to the spoiler in FS. Make sure you are looking at the right thing.

FSUIPC can only see what is being sent to those subsystems by FS. If FS isn't controlling the spoiler with that axis, FSUIPC won't see it as a spoiler either.

I was beginning to think this was a fault with my throttle, but thought I would post a note here just in case

If it won't calibrate in Windows "Game controllers", and won't move the spoiler axis in FS, then it is very likely to be a fault. But check the other things first.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

You have solved the fundamental problem which was the FS sensitivity was set to 0 and when I corrected this setting FSUIPC is behaving normally.

The assignment in FS was correctly set to spoliers and FSUIPC sees it as a spoiler access. So far so good.

The problem I have now now is when I advance the lever just a little bit, the spoilers deploy fully and not as I would expect in sync with how far I advance the lever within the min max range of the axis. Also once deployed they stay deployed and returning the lever back to the min position in the axis does not retract the spoilers.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks Mark

The problem I have now now is when I advance the lever just a little bit, the spoilers deploy fully and not as I would expect in sync with how far I advance the lever within the min max range of the axis. Also once deployed they stay deployed and returning the lever back to the min position in the axis does not retract the spoilers.

Test the spoilers in the air, not on the ground. See the thread "Spoiler axis problem!" below (http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=33430).

Rob Barendregt gave a very full explanation in one of the messages in that thread.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Guys

I had a very similar problem to this when configuring the throttle quadrant for twin-engine prop (2 thr / 2 prop / 2 mix). Lever 5 (Left mix) would not show anything in FSUIPC. No reading at all, and the other levers worked fine!

I was using direct not map mode in CH Manager

My solution was:

1) Recheck the sensitivity / null settings for this lever in FS (my settings changed on me). I fixed sensitivity and I could then see activity in FSUIPC. But it was backwards.

2) I also had to reverse the axis within FS to see the correct values happening in FSUIPC

This did it for me - took about a week to figure out. Hope this helps.