The simFlight Network Forums

Problems getting wideclient to recognize keystrokes

I am using Radar Contact on a remote PC. Windows XP Professional for the FS computer and Windows 2000 Pro for the remote machine running radar contact. I have attached my wideclient.ini file.

; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details

;=====================================================

[Config]

Port=8002

Window=4,4,1288,1004

Visible=Yes

UseTCPIP=Yes

ServerName=GREGORY

ServerIPAddr=172.16.1.35

WaitForNewData=500

; -----------------------------------------------

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

TCPcoalesce=No

ApplicationDelay=0

MaxSendQ=100

WhenMaxSendQ=Recon

SendScanTime=10

Priority=3,1,2

[user]

Log=Errors+

Background=A320ACSf5.bmp

ActionKeys=Yes

RunReady1=c:\Program Files\rcv30\rcv31.exe

RunReady2=C:\INSTALLDIR\Modules\ActiveSky2004\AS2004.exe

RunReady3=C:\FS2004\SHOWTEXT\showtext.exe

CloseReady1=c:\Program Files\rcv30\rc31.exe

CloseReady2=C:\INSTALLDIR\Modules\ActiveSky2004\AS2004.exe

CloseReady3=C:\FS2004\SHOWTEXT\showtext.exe

;===============================================

What am I missing? I am using version 3.44 fsuipc and widefs 6.44. Thanks!

I am using Radar Contact on a remote PC.

What am I missing? I am using version 3.44 fsuipc and widefs 6.44. Thanks!

Firstr thing is that you are using an out of date unsupported version of WideFS. Current is 6.45.

You don't say what the problem is, exactly. Your title says "Problems getting wideclient to recognize keystrokes" but WideClient doesn't need to recognise keystrokes. If fact nothing on the Client PC has anything to do with keystrokes.

Radar Contact uses the Hot Key facilities in FSUIPC, no keystroke facilities in WideFS. The keys it expects are pressed on the FS PC whilst FS has the focus.

Regards,

Pete

on remote computer. I am using the Actionkeys=yes parameter in my wideclient.ini. I had a working setup. Do I need to include any other parameters to make this work. I understand that I use the FS PC to enter Radar Contact commands. The remote PC should acknowledge those key presses. It is not working. How do I make it work? That is the question. I included my wideclient.ini file above. Am I missing any parameters in my wideclient.ini file that would cause this problem?

on remote computer. I am using the Actionkeys=yes parameter in my wideclient.ini.

Why do you set ActionKeys=Yes? Radar Contact does NOT use keys directly, it uses the FSUIPC Hot Keys facility, as I said before. Your WideClient INI can simply contain default parameters.

The remote PC should acknowledge those key presses. It is not working. How do I make it work? That is the question.

And it really is more a question for Radar Contact support. it is certainly nothing to do with WideFS, it is arranged by Radar Contact using facilities in FSUIPC.

I included my wideclient.ini file above.

I know you did, and I pointed out that you are using an out of date unsupported version of WideFS. Please upgrade!

The only improvment I can see is in the way you run the programs:

RunReady1=c:\Program Files\rcv30\rcv31.exe

RunReady2=C:\INSTALLDIR\Modules\ActiveSky2004\AS2004.exe

RunReady3=C:\FS2004\SHOWTEXT\showtext.exe

You should consider a delay (DelayReady1 and 2) between each, else they could be tripping over each other during initialisation.

Regards,

Pete

I will try the delay settings when I get home from work. Also I noticed that on the FS PC, it indicated WideServer clients connected: 265. This cannot be correct? I think I have some problems somewhere. I only have 1 machine connected to my FS computer.

I do not know if this problem is why radar contact is not recognizing my key presses on the flight sim pc to the remote pc which is running radar contact. I am posting also in the radar contact forum for help. For example, when I press 2 on the FS pc that is the initial command to contact clearance. I do not get a response from Radar contact on the remote machine. I hope this is a better explanation.

Thanks.

Also I noticed that on the FS PC, it indicated WideServer clients connected: 265. This cannot be correct? I think I have some problems somewhere. I only have 1 machine connected to my FS computer.

It's probably 255, and it is because you are using WideFS 6.44. this was fixed in the interim releases posted here (6.442 and 6.447) with a big announcement at the top of the Forum, and then in the current release which is 6.45. Remember? I did say this a few messages back:

First thing is that you are using an out of date unsupported version of WideFS. Current is 6.45.

I do not know if this problem is why radar contact is not recognizing my key presses on the flight sim pc to the remote pc which is running radar contact.

Use 6.45 then we'll talk about it. I cannot possibly support old versions. I spend enough time fixing things and making things better, I cannot keep repeating the same things after I've done that.

If you still get problems with the current supported versions of my software (FSUIPC 3.45 too), THEN get back to me.

Pete.