The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Variable list

Hello!

I'm trying to find a complete list of FSUIPC's variables for input/output, i need it to make my IO-card handle buttons and lights.

Is there a list somewhere of the hexcodes for the fs9 events that fsuipc can interface?

i.e. what code is it for making left hydraulic pressure light alarm light up, et.c.

anyone know where i can find more info on this?

I'm trying to find a complete list of FSUIPC's variables for input/output, i need it to make my IO-card handle buttons and lights.

If you mean FSUIPC offsets for program access to FS innards, that is entrely contained in the FSUIPC SDK (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson).

If you mean FS controls, then there's a list of those I know of included in the current FSUIPC.ZIP package.

If you mean added controls by FSUIPC, they are listed in the Advanced User's guide in the FSUIPC.ZIP package.

Is there a list somewhere of the hexcodes for the fs9 events that fsuipc can interface?

That question doesn't really make any sense. There are no "hex codes" for such things. The programming interface FSUIPC provides is by offsets from the base of an imaginary (conceptual) memory area. This derived from the way FS used to be controllable by changing values in its own GLOBALS.DLL (FS98 and before). Though FS has changed considerably since then, FSUIPC maintains the illusion so that programs can be written to be compatible across versions.

Please see the SDK. There's a programmer's guide inside.

There are things known as "events" (actually "KEY EVENTS" to be precise) in FS. These are instigated by FS controls. They can be programmed on buttons and keypresses either in FS itself (FS Options-Controls-Assignments) or, for a far larger range, in FSUIPC's own Buttons and Keys programming options. See the list of controls I already mentioned.

Regards,

Pete

Thank You!

I meant the offsets! :) I have just bought a master io card from opencockpits.com, and the software wants me to specify the offsets for my switches and leds.

I'll download the SDK , to get the list.

Perhaps You can tell me, I'm planning on building an annunciator panel also, is it possible to get this info from fs using FSUIPC offsets?

best regards,

Perhaps You can tell me, I'm planning on building an annunciator panel also, is it possible to get this info from fs using FSUIPC offsets?

Annunciating what?

If you mean something like the 737NG "six-packs", then most of the things annunciatred on those aren't even simulated by FS. I believe you'd need something like Project Magenta's "pmSystems" to program the correct subsystems.

Regards,

Pete

ok, let me a bit more precise. My first shot at building a panel is going to be a cessna 172, and it has that little ann-panel, that says, Volts, fuel pressure, and so on. The little "red" one. It's those values I'm talking about :)

Something makes those lights go off in the software panel... so i thought it should be possible to echo that to my hardware panel.

Perhaps it cannot be done so easilly as I was hoping.

Forgive me if it's hard to understand what I mean, I'm not a native English speaker.

Volts, fuel pressure, and so on. The little "red" one. It's those values I'm talking about :)

I think they are available, do a search through the offsets list. That's what I would have to do in any case! :wink:

Something makes those lights go off in the software panel... so i thought it should be possible to echo that to my hardware panel.

Yes, but be careful. Some panels do this by their own internal sub-systems programming. It doesn't necessarily mean that FS itself is simulating these things. It probably does for the basic default aircraft, but there are many sophisticated add-on aircraft with panels which simulate or derive all sorts of other things not dealt with by FS.

Best to always check through the offsets list to see if what you want is there. Observe it with FSInterrogate to check. If you do find anything you really do think must be from FS which isn't listed, then mention it and I'll see if I can find it inside FS.

Regards,

Pete

Thanx again Pete, for your terriffic support!

Just ordered 20 switches and leds for my panel, going to start from the bottom up, so it will be some time before I reach the Announciator panel :)

Going to try and learn the ropes, regarding FSInterrogator as well, until then.

All the best to You Pete,

until I get stuck oblivious somewhere again and return here ;)