The simFlight Network Forums

Wrong build!

Apologies if this query has appeared previously. Last year I bought into version 3.4 of FSUIPC in the belief that it was compatible with both FS2002 and FS2004. I have recently added FS2004 to my computer but when I install FSUIPC I get an error message which reads:

"The version of FS2004 is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC. It is build 9.01.4091. You need the correc t version of FS2004.

Check the help about: The build should be 9.00.30612.

FSUIPC will terminate when you select OK"

In fact FS2004 terminated as well. I have since removed the FSUIPC applications from my modules folder but I would welcome any guidance as to how I might get back on track.

Hello,

There are only two publicly released builds of FS2004:

9.0.0.30612 (the original release)

9.1.0.40901 (the patched version available from microsofts website)

Which one are you using? (right click on the fs9.exe file and click version) If you're using the original release, try upgrading. I don't understand why FSUIPC would give you that error message. I've used it with both the original and patched versions of FS2004.

Regards,

Joshua Robertson

3D Softworks Design Studios

Apologies if this query has appeared previously. Last year I bought into version 3.4 of FSUIPC in the belief that it was compatible with both FS2002 and FS2004. I have recently added FS2004 to my computer but when I install FSUIPC I get an error message which reads:

"The version of FS2004 is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC. It is build 9.01.4091. You need the correc t version of FS2004.

The verson of FSUIPC you are using is not 3.40 or later, then. Earlier versions are not compatible with FS9.1 (which has tha build number 9.01.40901). The current version, available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson is 3.45. Just download it, and copy the FSUIPC.DLL into your FS Modules folder. If you were registered and you deleted all FSUIPC.* files, you will need to reenter your registration details. Otherwise just replacing the DLL will bring you up to date.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...