The simFlight Network Forums

FSInterrogate and FSLook

I am try to make a switch in XML for move a part named CONCORDE_NOSE. My source code in XML don´t work but the part move OK. I check with the fsinterrogate all variables for "CONCORDE" (3) but nothing change occurs when I move the part. Now, if I check with the FSLook, the variables change. I suppose that my XML switch don´t work due a variable problem. Thanks

Jose

I am try to make a switch in XML for move a part named CONCORDE_NOSE. My source code in XML don´t work but the part move OK. I check with the fsinterrogate all variables for "CONCORDE" (3) but nothing change occurs when I move the part. Now, if I check with the FSLook, the variables change. I suppose that my XML switch don´t work due a variable problem.

Hi Jose,

I hope someone else can jump in and help you because I really have no idea at all what you are talking about. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

I believe that the problem of my switch this in the variables that I am using. For check this I use the fsinterrogate and the fslook

In the fsinterrogate the variables # 2F28 (CONCORDE NOSE POS PCT) and 2F30 (CONCORDE VISOR NOSE HANDLE) doesn't change when I move the part.

In the fslook the variables ID # 805 (CONCORDE VISOR NOSE HANDLE) and 806 (CONCORDE NOSE POS PCT) they change from 0 with the extended part and to 1 with the retracted part.

Because the fslook indicates me a change of the variable in the fs and the fsinterrogate

This happens so much with my airplane, like with the default Concorde of FS2000 in FS2002

My switch doesn't work because the value is never 0. What happen with the variables of the FS. I am using FS2002. Thank you very much Pete.

Jose

I believe that the problem of my switch this in the variables that I am using. For check this I use the fsinterrogate and the fslook

Are you getting the variables through the panels interface, as Token Variables? That is what FSLook does. The values at FSUIPC offsets 2F28 and 2F30 should be the same -- they are mapped to the same place -- but I don't know that they work. Those values are in the second table in the Programmers Guide, the one I cannot easily support.

My switch doesn't work because the value is never 0. What happen with the variables of the FS.

If you are writing a gauge for a panel, you need to use the gauge facilities. If you say that the mapping of the Concorde parts to those IPC offsets doesn't work in FS2002 (which is contrary to what I was told at one time), then I will have to change the "Ok" column for FS2002 to "No".

I really still don't know what you are doing. for FS gauges you should be able to get all you need from the gauges interface to PANELS.DLL. Are you using FSUIPC interface from a gauge? If so, why?

Pete