The simFlight Network Forums

Possible to map mixture controler to spoilers?

Guest Torsten

Guest Torsten

Heya,

I have a Ch Products USB Flight Sim Yoke. It has the 3 levers for throttle, mixture and prop. Now I fly little props about once every blue moon, so the mixture control is a total waste for me.

However, I'd love to map it as a spoiler lever.. I hate the spoilers on/off result you get by using the / key. The default throttle quadrants all come with a realistic spoiler control so the function is there.

Anybody know how and if I can do that? When I got to.. er.. page #6 fot the joystick calibr. inside FSUIPC and move the levers around, no control inputs are deteced.

If it's not possible.. Pete... I got a suggestion for ya ;)

Thanks in advance!

Torsten

polaron@msn.com

I have a Ch Products USB Flight Sim Yoke. It has the 3 levers for throttle, mixture and prop. Now I fly little props about once every blue moon, so the mixture control is a total waste for me.

However, I'd love to map it as a spoiler lever.. I hate the spoilers on/off result you get by using the / key. The default throttle quadrants all come with a realistic spoiler control so the function is there.

Anybody know how and if I can do that? When I got to.. er.. page #6 fot the joystick calibr. inside FSUIPC and move the levers around, no control inputs are deteced.

Go to the Flight Simulator Options-Controls-Assignments and simply reassign the axis to the spoiler -- you'll find it near the end of the Joystick Axes list. FSUIPC cannot see the spoilers axis changing because it isn't assigned by default.

Once you've assigned it then FSUIPC should be able to see it. FSUIPC does NOT read any joysticks itself, it is only manipulating controls inside FS.

Regards,

Pete

Duh! I didn't even bother to see if the sim could do it, usually it can't do the spiffy stuff I want, hehe. Working like a charm now and FSUIPC sees it too. Thanks Pete!!