The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

SP2 - Update MyTraffic to the next Generation of AI traffic

There were similar reports at SP1, some some virus scanners love to shreder downloaded executables. Please disable your virus scanner in this case until it works, than enable it again.

ON my computer the file size is for SP2 is 43,398,506 bytes and the size on disk is 43.401.216 Bytes.

I'm using zonealarm and ANTIVIR Personal Edition. and i'm using netpumper to download the software.

Michael

Any response Burkhard and/or Husain?

Tried over and over again.

Fresh install of FS 2002 etc.

Same CRC problem over and over again only every time with a different texture.

SP2 will not install completely.

Downloaded SP2 several times.

Can it be that the executable must be run on a FAT 32 partition?

I can't imagine that mikeellx and me are the only ones having troubles with SP2!!

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Haromo, could you please try downloading after disabling DAP?

43,398,506 bytes is the correct size.

I don't think you require the executable to be on a FAT32 parition as I am running NTFS and have had no problems at all.

Could you verify that you have no anti-virus scanners running? It might be worth checking the programs you have running by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete (only once :) )

Hi Husain,

Thanks for the response.

Downloaded with "save target as".

Seemed to be installing well but stopped nearly at the end with a CRC error concerning Mytrafficbase2.myt.

Maybe you can supply a link to the files and folders of SP2 instead of the .exe file. That might do the trick.

Still can't understand why I'm having these problems.

I don't have any virusscanners running at all!

Haromo

Hi,

Uploading all the files might take some time.

If you don't mind, could you try using the alternate SP2 download link?

I am positive that this can only be caused by 2 things - virus scanner or a corrupted download. If you are positive that you have no virus scanner, then I am afraid its got to be a bad download :cry:

Since you said that the installation was almost complete when the error occured, you might already have the files necessary for a complete installation. The Mytrafficbase2.myt file is for use with the Editor, so unless you have purchased the editor as well, you don't need the file.

If this is the case, you just need to add the scenery library entries. If you e-mail me at husain@simflight.com, I can send you two files which will add the scenery library entries for you.

Concerning the sound file, it is complete, and can be applied to the original, the MyTraffic 1.0 or the MyTraffic 1.1 version of the soundfile, but not to any other changed version.