The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mgarmy

Using the Editor

I find the way the traffic editor is being described rather unclear and confusing :? . Can someone tell me how to accomplish the following task(s)

1. I want to automatically generate flights to about 10 airports which MyTraffic does not seem to use.

2. Those airports already have a tower and gates.

3. The only airplanes which can fly into these airports are GA aircraft.

4. The end product should give me the existing MyTraffic flights plus the additional flights for those 10 airports. I use the 1.2 editor and latest MyTraffic.

Can someone give me a clue as to how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Mannie

Hi,

Ok, here goes...

1. In AFCAD, go to File > Open Airport. Once the layout has loaded, go to File > Export Airport.

2. In the [FS2002]\MyTraffic directory, there is a utility called Readafd.exe. Execute the file and browse to one of the ten files which you exported from AFCAD. The output file will read ICAO1_SDK where ICAO is the ICAO code of the airport provided that you saved the AFCAD export file as ICAO1.txt.

3. Open ICAO1_SDK.txt and copy the contents. Now open MyAirports.dat and paste the copied text at the bottom of the file.

Now repeat steps 1-3 for all ten airports.

Start MyTraffic Editor 1.2 and load the .myt file you want to import the airports into. Now simply go to Airport > Import MyAirports.dat

You can now go to Airport > Edit and edit each of the airports and disable all the checkboxes saying Use Gates, etc except the Use ramps checkbox which should remain checked.

Now run through the AutoSchedule routines as described in the manual (AutoSchedule Preferences, Random AutoSchedule etc.) and compile the MyTraffic*.bgl file. You should see GA traffic at those ten airports.

Hope this helps.

I think you even do not need to disable gates, as long as you made none. If you made small ramps only, you will get small GA only. Large ramps invite the commuters, the Jetstream is a candidate for the mid ramp.

Just to correct, it is the contents of ICAO1_SDK.txt that you have to add to Myairports.dat.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

It worked as advertised. However I have only but a few flights for each aiport even when I have plenty of ramp space available. How can I increase the flights for each airport without duplicating the whole MyTraffic generated flights?

Thanks,

Mannie

Hi Mannie,

Try running AutoSchedule Preference and Random AutoSchedule multiple times. Do this until the number of preferred flights is roughly 50,000 and the number of random flights is roughly 20,000.

This way, you should see the ramps full most of the time.