The simFlight Network Forums
Husain

Military Airports Wishlist

Hi,

Please use this thread to post the ICAO codes and names of airports which have military traffic in real life. An indication of the frequency of military traffic at such airports would be helpful to us as well.

Thanks.

EKYT (Aalborg, Denmark).

I know they have F-16s, but other than that, I have no idea. Beware that it's also a civillian airport.

I live close to a cool USAF base. KSZL : Whiteman AFB. Mo. They have much military traffic, mostly USAF, training with the A-10 Warthog's, and home of 14 B-2 stealth bombers and F-117 Blackhawks are seen there also.

Nuclear missle silos all around this area. (close to my house,OH HOLY S###.!!!) Microsoft does not put Nuclear silos in FS2002.

I have looked for them since I know where they are but no luck.

Cool

Roger :wink:

Both of these fields are in Maine.

KNHZ - Naval Air Station outside of KPWM.

I fly over BNAS (in real life) many times, the air station has mostly P3 Orion traffic, but has a variety of military visitors from time to time, recently a few F-15's were seen there as well.

KBGR - Bangor Int'l Airport

Along with the commercial traffic, there is an Air National Guard Base. The KC135 (refueling aircraft) are based out of there, but the field gets many military visitors... we see a lot of C-5 Galaxy's as well as P3 Orions.

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting this info and please continue to do so. It is exactly what we need and we will keep referring to this thread when creating the future updates.

I live near Hill AFB they have two fighter wings which each have 3 squadrons of F-16's about 18 in each. I have also seen several KC-135's and the occasional transport C-130, C-17, C-141. They also do repairs on F/A 18's and do refurbishment on F-16's sold overseas. Several South Korean F-16's were there recently.

Allen

Hi Burkhard, hi Hussain,

Hi all you military traffic fans,

I am in the process of making AFCAD files for:

FJDG Diego Garcia Navy

KVPS Eglin AFB, Pensacola

KMCF MacDill AFB, Tampa

More will follow. I try to have every major US Airforce base done in America and overseas. Diego Garcia is a British base but is now used both by the British and US Air Force from where they fly their heavy loads over to Iraq.

I also have an adjusted AFCAD for ETAR (Ramstein AFB, Germany) for Fred Holst's Ramstein V 3.0 scenerey he released on May 15, 2002. Credits for this repositioning go to my friend Ron "Argenfarkle" Williams.

Please let me know which ones you are doing or have already done, otherwise one of us is going to waste his time.

With regards from VTBD (Bangkok International Airport)

Dear Mario,

that would be an enourmous help. Only rule of a pure military airport is that it only can contain military gates of the default size. Adding ramps will automatically add civil GA, gates will add civil airlines. Some cargo ramps are meaningful though, because a lot of chartered aircrafts can be observed.

I made the airports mentioned above, can send you the complete list when I'm back.

Best Burkhard

Moody AFB, Langley AFB, Cecil Field, Jacksonville NAS, Shaw AFB, Hill AFB, Nellis AFB...

Any of these will do...

Moody AFB, Langley AFB, Cecil Field, Jacksonville NAS, Shaw AFB, Hill AFB, Nellis AFB...

Any of these will do...

I don't know what's the deal....I can't see any traffic at any military base except for the one in Germany....Nothing at Hill, nothing at Nellis, Edwards or such....Only at that german base....

However, I do see traffic at most other airports that are non-military.

What's the deal, have I done something wrong?...I just purchased 1.2 and followed the direction....

I don't know what's the deal....I can't see any traffic at any military base except for the one in Germany....Nothing at Hill, nothing at Nellis, Edwards or such....Only at that german base....

However, I do see traffic at most other airports that are non-military.

What's the deal, have I done something wrong?...I just purchased 1.2 and followed the direction....

Sounds Awesome but I can't get to the download site...It seems to be down....Is there any other place it's available?

I don't think this update is there, can you please recheck the web address.

Sounds Awesome but I can't get to the download site...It seems to be down....Is there any other place it's available?

I don't think this update is there, can you please recheck the web address.

I need some help. I get a very very low frame rate with Andrews AFB (KADW) & Nellis AFB (KLSV) and I expect other military airports (around 2 frame per second !!!!!!!!!!!). What is going wrong ? I bought My Traffic to avoid having problems by doing my own traffic. Who can help me please ?

Florent

I need some help. I get a very very low frame rate with Andrews AFB (KADW) & Nellis AFB (KLSV) and I expect other military airports (around 2 frame per second !!!!!!!!!!!). What is going wrong ? I bought My Traffic to avoid having problems by doing my own traffic. Who can help me please ?

Florent

Hi Florent,

only at some areas on Andrews AFB I can encounter a low framerate of about 4.3, almost everywhere else I get around 20 or higher. Burkhard will sure find out why and rectify this. All commercial planes will disappear anyway and be replaced with military aircraft.

On Nellis AFB I have no planes at all. As far as I know no flights are programmed so far. How can you get a low framerate of 2 fps? Can you enlighten us? Am I missing something? I know that Burkhard will not overpopulate the bases to an extent where you would get a high impact on framerates. He'll work the same way as with commercial airports.