The simFlight Network Forums
Husain

Military Airports Wishlist

Hi Florent,

only at some areas on Andrews AFB I can encounter a low framerate of about 4.3, almost everywhere else I get around 20 or higher. Burkhard will sure find out why and rectify this. All commercial planes will disappear anyway and be replaced with military aircraft.

On Nellis AFB I have no planes at all. As far as I know no flights are programmed so far. How can you get a low framerate of 2 fps? Can you enlighten us? Am I missing something? I know that Burkhard will not overpopulate the bases to an extent where you would get a high impact on framerates. He'll work the same way as with commercial airports.

Any chance to include Robins AFB, Georgia? It is the depot for C-130,

C-141, C-5 and F-15 maintenance. Also has J-Stars and KC-135 tankers.

Nothing anywhere on this major base. :D

Any chance to include Robins AFB, Georgia? It is the depot for C-130,

C-141, C-5 and F-15 maintenance. Also has J-Stars and KC-135 tankers.

Nothing anywhere on this major base. :D

Hi Starlifter,

I'm already busy on KWRB. You might be lucky and get most of the planes on that base. We have the C-5, C-141, and we're busy testing the F-15 as well. I will check with Burkhard if he's willing to add the C-130 and the KC-135. There are lots of hurdles to overcome before planes can be added. License fees must be negotiated and frame rates must become acceptable.

Can you enlighten me about the J-Star, please?

Hi Starlifter,

I'm already busy on KWRB. You might be lucky and get most of the planes on that base. We have the C-5, C-141, and we're busy testing the F-15 as well. I will check with Burkhard if he's willing to add the C-130 and the KC-135. There are lots of hurdles to overcome before planes can be added. License fees must be negotiated and frame rates must become acceptable.

Can you enlighten me about the J-Star, please?

Hi Dario,

The low frame rate comes from the Galaxy planes. I removed the folder out of the aricraft folder and my frame rate is now ok. As I said I went down to 2 f/s !!! with a AMD 1800XP and a Geforce 4 TI.4400.

Regarding Nellis, I don't know what to say, but I had the same planes at the airbase. Many of them. They came from My Traffic for sure, when I installed My Traffic (downloaded 1 week ago), FS2002 where recently installed.

Florent

Hi Dario,

The low frame rate comes from the Galaxy planes. I removed the folder out of the aricraft folder and my frame rate is now ok. As I said I went down to 2 f/s !!! with a AMD 1800XP and a Geforce 4 TI.4400.

Regarding Nellis, I don't know what to say, but I had the same planes at the airbase. Many of them. They came from My Traffic for sure, when I installed My Traffic (downloaded 1 week ago), FS2002 where recently installed.

Florent

So, since this is the best place to discuss it:

Version 1.3 will have four more military aircrafts, and four more civilian. The military will be

C141-Starlifter

E3A Awacs/Sentry

F4 Phantom Fighter

A10 Thunderbold Bomber.

All of them are extremely optimised for performance, AI Aardvark would accept them :lol:

Together with the C5, T43, F227 from today this will give a nice mixture I think. Other models we will have to wait for later - non of the existing is near to usable framerate wise.

The C130 is a nice plane, but very hard to build, my first try was a complete desaster :lol: , but I will try again later.

So, since this is the best place to discuss it:

Version 1.3 will have four more military aircrafts, and four more civilian. The military will be

C141-Starlifter

E3A Awacs/Sentry

F4 Phantom Fighter

A10 Thunderbold Bomber.

All of them are extremely optimised for performance, AI Aardvark would accept them :lol:

Together with the C5, T43, F227 from today this will give a nice mixture I think. Other models we will have to wait for later - non of the existing is near to usable framerate wise.

The C130 is a nice plane, but very hard to build, my first try was a complete desaster :lol: , but I will try again later.

J-Stars is a modified Boeing 707 that has an electronics pod on the forward bottom that looks like an overturned canoe. It is similar to

the AWACS Boeing but its mission is ground targets. Very impressive

in Desert Storm. 8) Thanks for offering to do Robins. :D

J-Stars is a modified Boeing 707 that has an electronics pod on the forward bottom that looks like an overturned canoe. It is similar to

the AWACS Boeing but its mission is ground targets. Very impressive

in Desert Storm. 8) Thanks for offering to do Robins. :D

YPEA (Pearce Airbase - 2nd Flight Training School - Royal Australian Airforce) has a number of other airforces such as Singapore Air Force training there.

Cheers

Chris Porter

Who is up for a challenge? Someone WOW me...

I honestly can't believe someone hasn't done this beforemaybe they have.

Naval Air Station Whiting Field in Milton, Florida is the busiest Naval Air Station in the world, responsible for an estimated 46 percent of the Chief of Naval Air Command's total flight time and over 10 percent of Navy and Marine Corps total flight time. Over 1,200 personnel complete their essential flight training yearly.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/whiting-field.htm

NAS Whiting Field NORTH is KNAS. Aircraft are T-34C only.

NAS Whiting Field SOUTH is KNDZ. Aircraft is TH-57C (Bell Ranger) only.

NAS Whiting Field has very involved Course Rules. "COURSE RULES GROUND DEPARTURE / RECOVERY PROCEDURES" are available upon request (Word format). Both NAS Whiting Fields are primarily "get in, get out" - no touch and go's, emergency procedures, etc.

Outlying fields are used for training purposes. I can provide good information for these as well, and the links can provide types of aircraft being used and frequency. They are:

NOLF Choctaw Field [NJF], FL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/choctaw.htm

NOLF Pace Field [NVI], FL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/pace.htm

NOLF Santa Rosa [NGS], FL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/santa-rosa.htm

NOLF Holley Field [NKL], FL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/holley.htm

NOLF Saufley Field [KNUN], FL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/saufley-field.htm

NOLF Summerdale [NFD], AL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/summerdale.htm

NOLF Silverhill [NQB], AL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/silverhill.htm

NOLF Barin Field [NBJ], AL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/barin.htm

NOLF Brewton Field [12J], AL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/brewton.htm

NOLF Evergreen Field [????], AL http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/evergreen.htm

There are other "authorized fields" for aircraft flying out of Whiting Field:

DUKE FIELD (Eglin Auxiliary Field) [KEGI] (Air Force)

HURLBURT FIELD [KHRT] (Air Force)

PENSACOLA REGIONAL [KPNS] (Civilian)

NAS PENSACOLA (SHERMAN FIELD) [KNPA] (Navy)

I'd like to see NAS Pensacola (Sherman Field) buzzing with T-34C's, T-6A Texan II (I can provide new model), T-45A Goshawk, T-2C Buckeye , T-44A, T-1A Jayhawk and an occasional F-18 Blue Angel or Fat Albert :D Maybe a Navy C-12 as well, even through they're primarily out of Corpus. A lot of the information files, aircraft (while most are pretty ugly, the T-6A Texan II looks nice), and other fun info can be downloaded at https://wwwcfs.cnet.navy.mil/microsimptt/downloads.cfm

Any questions, just ask! elder@asherons.net

E

Hi Chris,

sorry for this late response. Actually I had started doing your AFCAD file, but was soooo busy during the last days that I wasn't able to continue. I would say that it should be ready by the end of this week.

Cheers from Thailand

Hi Chris,

sorry for this late response. Actually I had started doing your AFCAD file, but was soooo busy during the last days that I wasn't able to continue. I would say that it should be ready by the end of this week.

Cheers from Thailand

Thanks a million mate, much appreciated...

Chris

Hello There Dario,

How about Buckley Air Force Base(KBKF)?

Buckley's location provides a necessary and ideal refueling stop, particularly for military aircraft transiting the country in all directions. In addition to supporting all base-assigned aircraft, Buckely services up to 6,000 transient military aircraft per year, of which approximately 2,000 remain at least one night on base. Transient aircraft representing every type of aircraft in the DOD inventory, from every service and command, visit Buckley AFB during a typical year.

Thanks for your consideration,

One Tin Soldier

Hi Burkhard

I'll try to list the major airports, and add the types which are based there :

ETNJ ( Tornado ) -> to be closed by 2005

ETNT ( F-4 )

ETNP ( F-4 ) -> to be closed by 2005

ETNS ( Tornado )

ETMN ( Breguet Atlantique )

ETNH ( C-160 Transall )

ETNL ( F-4, MIG29 )

ETNN ( Tornado )

ETSB ( Tornado )

ETSL ( Tornado )

ETSN ( F-4 )

EDDK ( A-310, CL60 )

ETAR ( C-5, C-141, C-17 )

ETNG ( E3A, KC35, B707 )

ETAD ( F-16, A-10 )

Those are the ones most prominent in my mind. If you need extra info, let me know. It would be cool if certain things would be prominent at the airports, such as local pattern traffic ( T/Go, Low Approach ) and tactical callsigns.

Cheers

Sven

Its an Usafe airforce base in Turkey /Adana

LTAG - Incirlik AB

Units: E-3 Awacs, KC-135R, F-15, F-16, EA-6B, Tornado flying daily to north Iraq for operation northern watch and C-5, C17, C141 are coming from US to the base

sorry, my english is bad:(

Thanks

Cobra

Hi all,

To add to the list:

KNPA Pensacola Naval Airstation. Various.....is a training center for US Navy.

KNHK Patuxant Naval Airstation...Maryland.... An active Navy test station..equivalent to what was Merimar and Mugu Point in Cal.....

KNTU Oceana Naval Airstation...Virginia Beach... Active...my nephew was there when the Iraqi war started..........lots of F18 traffic....and is

used to let F14/F18 divert from aircraft carrier off coast, etc..

KNKT...Cherry Point MCAS.......NC. An active station for Marine Corp.

F18 wing and Choppers.

KNCA..New River MCAS.....NC....just across from Camp Lejeune...another active Marine Corp station......used for attack choppers etc..

KNBC..Beaufort MCAS.....SC.... as of last year I know a full Marine F18 Airwing was still active there. I was at Parris Island for a nephew's Marine graduation ceremonies for a few days.....coming home we past by the base and I saw a lot of F18 on ground. And saw some flying around during the two day period I was at Parris Island, then miles south of KNBC.

Can't say I been there but surely El Torro MCAS--KNZJ-- just south of Los

Angeles area is still a fully active Marine/Navy station.

And I would assume China Lake Naval Weapons Center --KNID-- north east of Edwards by some thirty miles is also fully active.

Also Fallon AFB KNFL-- in Nevada east of Reno is most probably active.

Hopes these few help a bit...........................

Sorry but EL Toro was shutdown in July 1999 all aircraft moved to Miramar KNKX which became Miramar MCAS on October 1 1997.

Also Alameda NAS was closed April 25th 1997 KNGZ.