The simFlight Network Forums
Husain

Military Airports Wishlist

Thanks. The locations of the squadrons hasn't been updated for a while, nor the aircraft they fly, and it may be necessary to do so, if not this year, than next one. It will also be necessary to create new military aircraft, the F22 among them. This was postphoned a bit since some of the existing military aircraft had optical problems, so new models of them were higher on the list than all new models. It was last night that I was surprised to see those problems gone "over night" by installation of XPack, together with a 50% increase in frame rate, no they don't pay me for this :lol: , nor can I state this will apply to your system too!

It was last night that I was surprised to see those problems gone "over night" by installation of XPack, together with a 50% increase in frame rate, no they don't pay me for this :lol: , nor can I state this will apply to your system too!

Please tell more about the model fixes, and the 50% increase! In what scenario? FS9 models? FS10 models? Lots of AI? Sounds like there must be a catch :D DX10 only?

Could you please put this to a new topic, to keep this stone age old thread on topic, sorry I started to get to the border :)

Dear Gentlemen,

I would love to see the FS world come alive in FSX with a large number of military Army, Air Force, Marine, and, especially, Naval aircraft. Aside from having owned and used the FS Naval Military package for FS2004, and then purchasing and using My Traffice v4.xx for FS9 to v5.0b for FSX, I have a personal reason...

FYI - A true story on one of many experiences I have had.

I fly aircraft not only in the FS Sim but in the real word as well. From time to time I rent Garmin G1000 C-172 & C-182's to take cross country trips for personal reasons.

On one such occassion, I rented the C-182 (N6167L) and meet an F-16 in-flight, conducting war games over a Military Operations Area (MOA) called Hill top, near Grissom Air Force Base (KGUS). The MOA was "Hot" at the time; this means that the Area was active with ongoing Military exercises and usually Civilian aircraft are kept out unless they are cleared into the airspace for crossing/transitioning purposes. ie. They were playing war games and no one else is invited.

Now some fighter pilots who were playing hide and seek didn't know that I was there and one of them came to take a closer look... However, my "not so good" camera didn't co-operate too well that day. So this was the only shot I got of him. But he buzzed by me 5 times; just to "check me out" and make me visually aware of their presense out there...

Finally, I had a great time seeing many for them. However, they were too fast and at times too far away for my simple digital camera. However, I was able to get this great photo of Grissom AFB (KGUS) from 10,500FT MSL.

Hope you enjoyed my little story... 8)

post-25801-128689556414_thumb.jpg

post-25801-128689556422_thumb.jpg

post-25801-128689556438_thumb.jpg

post-25801-128689556446_thumb.jpg

post-25801-128689556453_thumb.jpg

post-25801-128689556456_thumb.jpg

New Zealand bases seem to be regularly overlooked and MS haven't done either of these two any justice.

NZWP, Whenuapai - RNZAF B757, C130's, P-3K's and SH-2G's

NZOH, Ohakea, B200 Kingair's, CT4E Air trainers and Hueys

@James, thanks for the little story!

The next months will the a continuation of replacement of airliners by FSX models, and at least the 757 and 767 will require new paints too. If we can verify that the existing military models work with FSX.2/DX9 and nobody used FSX.2/DX10 anyways, we can spend part of next year in expansion instead of replacement only of the military part.

@kiwisfly and others

What has to be done is

a) painting of the aircraft, C130/P3/SH2 are available

b) work on the airports.

Definitively, more air bases will come the next round ( this 5.1a already brings quite some in the Pacific region ).