The simFlight Network Forums

No Modules Folder

Guest Myownman

Guest Myownman

Hi,

I can't get the FS2002 Modules folder to come up after uninstalling and re-installing the sim. I cleared the folder using Windows Explorer and copied the dll to it - nothing, even after several tries. I then deleted every FSUIPC file on the drive and downloaded v.2.975 again (in case my copy was corrupted) and again copied the dll. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong???

Thanx.

I can't get the FS2002 Modules folder to come up after uninstalling and re-installing the sim.

That makes no sense. Most of FS itself is contained in the Modules folder. If it is missing, most of FS is missing and it won't run. Perhaps you've somehow marked it as "hidden"? Use Windows Explorer folder options to reveal hidden folders.

I cleared the folder using Windows Explorer and copied the dll to it - nothing, even after several tries

Hiw did you do that if you have no modules folder? Sorry, you don't seem to be making sense. And if you deleted everything in Modules you have deleted most of FS and will certainly have to re-install. :-(

I then deleted every FSUIPC file on the drive and downloaded v.2.975 again (in case my copy was corrupted) and again copied the dll. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong???

Sorry, I don't know. What you are saying conflicts with other things you are saying. Can you try to be clearer, more explicit?

If FSUIPC.DLL is in the FS Modules folder AND you are loading the copy of FS which actually USES that folder, then FS has no alternative but to load and run FSUIPC. If it is not, then you are either not actually copying FSUIPC.DLL into the Modules folder, or you have two or more copies of FS installed and are copying FSUIPC into the wrong one. (Yes, believe it or not, this has happened several times to my knowledge!)

I am leaving on holiday soon (see Announcement), so I hope someone else can jump in here and offer more assistance should you need it.

Regards,

Pete

Thanx

> I can't get the FS2002 Modules folder to come up after uninstalling and re-installing the sim.

Are you talking about the Modules menu in FS2002 menu bar? Did you make sure that you unzipped the file in the correct folder? If you did FS2002 automatically loads FSUIPC, if it doesn't show up then you did not put it in the right place...