The simFlight Network Forums

CH Throttle Quadrant prop rpm drops

Good evening :)

first time flying a turbuprop (the default King Air in this case) with the TQ, I experience the following problem:

I have set the power and prop axes with FSUIPC 3.48 to work the full way (power to reverse and prop to feather). With the throttle in or close to idle and the prop lever at high rpm I have severe and random prop rpm drops, just as if the prop lever is being pulled to feather momentarily.

This happens on either engine and with or without the filter set in FSUIPC (dunno if this has something to do with it, though). It does not happen with the axes not processed, but then I can't control reverse or feather.

As this is the setting for taxi and approach, flying is not much fun with this problem :(

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Boris

With the throttle in or close to idle and the prop lever at high rpm I have severe and random prop rpm drops, just as if the prop lever is being pulled to feather momentarily.

sounds like you have some severe cross-interference.

It does not happen with the axes not processed, but then I can't control reverse or feather.

Well, there's really no realtion between the separate inputs to FS as far as FSUIPC is concerned.

Try to record this in the Log with FSUIPC axis logging enabled. Take care though, the log can get VERY large. Only enable it for the short period you get the anomaly.

Regards

Pete