The simFlight Network Forums

How about this?

Guest moomox

Guest moomox

Pete,

I want to say thank you for the fantastic work you have put towards the FS community over tha past years. Things just wouldn't be quite the same without all of your effort. I want to put in my two cents worth. As you know, we have a hugely diverse group of people in the FS community; and with that diversity of course comes the knowledge that not everyone may be able to afford to pay for FSUIPC, or even have the cash to donate (although I find that a little unlikely). In my case, I'm $45000 in debt... just finished my commercial pilot rating and trying to figure out how to pay for it :-) So coming by cash to pay for great products can be tricky. So here's my point.

How about a subscription service? One that costs the user say $5 per year to get all the latest FSUIPC updates. Then for the folks that cannot afford it. ie students or low income households, maybe a version of FSUIPC that could displays adds paid for by other flight sim companies?

I would certainly be all over it if a subscription service was available. Whatever you decide, you can be certain a large majority of the FS community will be willing to pay for it. What would MSFS be like without FSUIPC?

Just a thought!

David

• 2 weeks later...
How about a subscription service? One that costs the user say $5 per year to get all the latest FSUIPC updates. Then for the folks that cannot afford it. ie students or low income households, maybe a version of FSUIPC that could displays adds paid for by other flight sim companies?

Interesting idea. Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.

Best,

Pete

Interesting idea. Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.

Best,

Pete