The simFlight Network Forums

Newbe with connection to FSUIPC (Via Visual Basic)

How we know what is the code to catch te funcion i mean if i want the Heading off the aircraft what will be the code?

for the Altitude is DimGndAltAsInteger and for the heading?

i mean there is any list whith all the aircraft funcions codes?

Sorry, I'm rather confused by your terms. By "code" what do you mean? Is it a list of FS variables and the FSUIPC offsets you need? If so, the complete lists are provided in documents included in the FSUIPC SDK.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

When i add the FSUIPC4.DLL to the References it give an error.

"A reference to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Filght Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component"

How can i resolve this problem?

When i add the FSUIPC4.DLL to the References it give an error.

To what "references"? FSUIPC4.DLL is an FS module. It can't be run separately or attached to by other programs other than by the defined IPC ("inter-process-comunications") interface. Please see the FSUIPC SDK.

"A reference to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Filght Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component"

It is not an "assembly" or "COM compoanent" and you cannot link to it directly.

Please refer to the SDK. You seem to be severely misunderstanding something.

Pete

on the google searching for how connect fsuipc to vb program.

Why not check the SDK first? There are examples.

The Downloads of this forum are empty...

What are you on about? The Download Links subforum, which is where I pointed you to,, has several threads full of non-empty download links! Please do read what is written!

there is no sdk for fsx?

Why should there be a separate SDK for FSX? FSUIPC has been going since FS95, with compatibility all the way through. Why would I produce identical SDKs for each version of FS? It wouldn't make any sense!

ok ive already found it so now i just need to execute the FSInterrogate2std correct?

Why? That's just a utility program provided by Pelle Liljendal to assist you in understanding how FSUIPC offsets behave. It is written in Delphi and is an example of an FSUIPC-interfacing application.

ok im reading the FSI2 Manual, FSUIPC for Programmers and FSUIPC4 Offsets status...

Just a question how can i add this on the Visual Basic 2010?

Sorry, you seem to be going off half-cocked in all directions. Sit down, review all the files, read them all, look at the VB example. Start again tomorrow.

Pete

Joaogl,

If you're using VB2010 I recommend you use my FSUIPCClient.DLL for .NET languages.

See the thread called "FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET" in the downloads sub-forum.

Download the ZIP and have a look at the example app written in VB.NET. Please also refer to the UserGuide.

Paul

Hi guys,

Just a question, im new here as u can see soo were can i find that downloads sub-forum.

Why not check the SDK first? There are examples.

only now i know that there is an SDK for FSUIPC so.....

Why should there be a separate SDK for FSX? FSUIPC has been going since FS95, with compatibility all the way through. Why would I produce identical SDKs for each version of FS? It wouldn't make any sense!

I just asked becouse i thought it only work on FS2004 so.... now i know it works in all versions.

Why? That's just a utility program provided by Pelle Liljendal to assist you in understanding how FSUIPC offsets behave. It is written in Delphi and is an example of an FSUIPC-interfacing application.

ok i thought i had to go there to extract some files to the VB so... ok thanks

Sorry, you seem to be going off half-cocked in all directions. Sit down, review all the files, read them all, look at the VB example. Start again tomorrow.

Ok its a new day im working again :D

Im not new in the VB and im a WebDesigner, i im trying to make and ACARS but firts i need do know how to work with FSUIPC SDK after that i need to send all the information to the website and after all that i will do the other things like style and etc. so im trying to do a new thing so....

Thanks for all

Just a question, im new here as u can see soo were can i find that downloads sub-forum.

I don't understand how you can miss the SubForums? They are the first thing you see when you come to the forum, right at the top! There are subforums called Announcements, FAQ, Download Links and User Contributions. Being new here I would have thought they were the very first things you saw -- how do you not see them? They are there explicitly to attract the attention of new visitors so they can look for solutions to their problems before adding new messages to the Support Forum. itself!

Regards

Pete

Ive done the Download of the FSUIPCDotNetClient2.0.zip open the VB Exemple add the reference but it give me 2 warnings....

Warning 1 Could not find type 'FSUIPCClientExample_VB.DoubleBufferPanel'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU. 0 0

Warning 2 The variable 'pnlAIRadar' is either undeclared or was never assigned. C:\Users\Joao Lourenco\Desktop\uuu\FSUIPCClientExample_VB\Form1.Designer.vb 520 0

why this hapen?

Ive done the Download of the FSUIPCDotNetClient2.0.zip open the VB Exemple add the reference but it give me 2 warnings....

Warning 1 Could not find type 'FSUIPCClientExample_VB.DoubleBufferPanel'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU. 0 0

Warning 2 The variable 'pnlAIRadar' is either undeclared or was never assigned. C:\Users\Joao Lourenco\Desktop\uuu\FSUIPCClientExample_VB\Form1.Designer.vb 520 0

why this hapen?

Hi,

Have you tried to build the project or have you just gone into the form designer. Building it first might help.

If it won't build, let me know if you can see the DoubleBufferPanel class. If should be at the bottom of the Form1.vb code file. It looks like this:

Public Class DoubleBufferPanel
Inherits Panel

Public Sub New()
' Set the value of the double-buffering style bits to true.
Me.SetStyle(ControlStyles.DoubleBuffer Or ControlStyles.UserPaint Or ControlStyles.AllPaintingInWmPaint, True)
Me.UpdateStyles()
End Sub

End Class

[/CODE]

Paul

First no i cant find it.

Second, i was reading the codes and the files and im trying im test program.

For now im just creating a lot of funcions just to try and to understand...

For now i have a button to connect other to disconnect and works.

I create a Label to say my Speed but it says like 50.5 how can i remove that .5 ? i just want the 50...

HI Joaogl,

I've reproduced the error you are getting on the form designer. You can fix it by building or running the project, then close the form designer and reopen it.

I create a Label to say my Speed but it says like 50.5 how can i remove that .5 ? i just want the 50...

This isn't really to do with FSUIPC or my DLL. It's just VB / .NET programming. It's not really possible to give VB lessons in this forum. You can find this kind of thing elsewhere on the internet or in books. But to answer your question just convert to a string using a fixed point format with 0 decimal places:

Dim mySpeed as Double = 50.5
myLabel.Text = mySpeed.ToString("F0")

[/CODE]

This will probably round the number for you. If you don't want rounding then use the Floor function.

[CODE]
Dim mySpeed as Double = 50.5
myLabel.Text = Math.Floor(mySpeed).ToString()

[/CODE]

Paul

In this code:

Dim airSpeed As Offset(Of Integer) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of Integer)(&H2BC)

On Timer:
Dim airpeedKnots As Double = (airSpeed.Value / 128D)
Me.Label3.Text = airpeedKnots.ToString("f1")
[/CODE]

The number &H2BC on the Dim is what we want to know correct?

if is &H2BC is speed if is &H3118 is com frequency 2...

Correct?

If its true there is any list with all that codes and funcions?

if its not true what tells to the FSUIPC what we want to know?

The number &H2BC on the Dim is what we want to know correct?

if is &H2BC is speed if is &H3118 is com frequency 2...

Correct?

If its true there is any list with all that codes and funcions?

Yes, that's all correct.

A list of all the offsets (code numbers) can be found in the FSUIPC SDK. For FSUIPC4 the document is called 'FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf'. This document tells you three main things about each offset:

1. The offset code (address) e.g. 02BC

2. The Size of the offfset in bytes and the type of data stored in the offset - This tells you what data type to Dim your offset as. Example: 4 byte integer = (As Integer), 2 Byte = (As Short).

3. How the value is stored so you can convert it to real-world values. Example: (Indicated Air Speed, as knots * 128). This means to get back to knots you need to divide by 128. - (airSpeed.Value / 128D)

There is a useful table on page 7 of my UserGuide.pdf (see the Docs folder in the Zip) which tells you what .NET types to use for each size/type of FSUIPC offset.

Paul

Please what is rong here to a Login

Imports MySql.Data.MySqlClient
Public Class Form1
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim conn As MySqlConnection
conn = New MySqlConnection
conn.ConnectionString = "Server=sql9.000webhost.com;User Id=a4060939_teste;Password=jafo2te;Database=a4060939_teste"
Try
conn.Open()
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try
Dim myadapter As New MySqlDataAdapter
Dim sqlquery = "SELECT * FROM account WHERE fname='" & TextBox1.Text & "' AND lname='" & TextBox2.Text & "'"
Dim mycommand As New MySqlCommand
mycommand.Connection = conn
mycommand.CommandText = sqlquery
myadapter.SelectCommand = mycommand
Dim mydata As MySqlDataReader
mydata = mycommand.ExecuteReader
If mydata.HasRows = 0 Then
MsgBox("Bad")
Else
MsgBox("Good")
Me.Hide()
End If