The simFlight Network Forums

EpicInfo Flaps output

Guest Tony Leaver

Guest Tony Leaver

Dear Pete,

I have been using Epicinfo Qprocs for the epic 32 point output card (Gear down, aircraft on ground, wheelbrakes etc). I would like to have a output which is triggered when the flaps are not fully retracted. This is not available as a Qproc. Does anyone have any idea how this can be done.

Many thanks

Tony

Guest Tony Leaver

Hi Thanks for replying,

I would be very grateful for an example code as I am not an expert in epic programming. I am using an ISA rev D epic card.

Regards Tony

To achieve what your trying, I would be doing something like this. Please understand I have not tested the below code. It may not work, and I can't get to a EPL compiler at the moment.

Also be aware that the below presumes that when retracted the position is 0. This may not be the case. Let us know if this works. :)

var(V_FLAP_L)
defineph(145, FLAPS_LEFT,         0,0,0,0)	// Left Flap Position

:FLAPS_LEFT
{
  #expand getPH8(V_FLAP_L, 0x0191)	 // Grab the second (high) byte of the Flap Setting
  ifvar(V_FLAP_L, EQU, 0 ) jump FLAPS_LEFT_HI       // If High Flap Setting is 0
  jump FLAPS_LEFT_D           // Otherwise the left flaps are deployed.
}

:FLAPS_LEFT_HI
{
  #expand getPH8(V_FLAP_L, 0x0091)	 // Grab the first (low) byte of the Flap Setting
  ifvar(V_FLAP_L, EQU, 0 ) jump FLAPS_LEFT_RET       // If Low Flap Setting is 0 then the flaps are retracted
  jump FLAPS_LEFT_D           // Otherwise the left flaps are deployed.
}

:FLAPS_LEFT_D
{
   // Left Flaps are deployed, do something.
}

:FLAPS_LEFT_RET
{
   // Left Flaps are Retracted, do something.
}

Now in the EpicInfo.cfg you would need:

FLAPS_POS_LEFT=1

Make sense?

Guest Tony Leaver

Hello Stuart,

I have had a go at adding your routine to my epic program but have had no luck in compiling it. I get an error saying it is expecting "(" on the jump commands, if I put these in I then get an error with the GETPH8 macro.

If you get a minute could you please have another look, I am sure it is just me being a thickie.

Thanks

Tony

Guest Tony Leaver

Hello Stuart,

I have had a go at adding your routine to my epic program but have had no luck in compiling it. I get an error saying it is expecting "(" on the jump commands, if I put these in I then get an error with the GETPH8 macro.

If you get a minute could you please have another look, I am sure it is just me being a thickie.

Thanks

Tony

Guest tvron
Dear Pete,

I have been using Epicinfo Qprocs for the epic 32 point output card (Gear down, aircraft on ground, wheelbrakes etc). I would like to have a output which is triggered when the flaps are not fully retracted. This is not available as a Qproc. Does anyone have any idea how this can be done.

Many thanks

Tony

a very easy way to do this is to not use epicinfo but a program called FS Communicator. it then talks direct to FSUIPC. the program allows you create your own qprocs by triggering a range. you read the off set, get the value then send the qproc to epic. give it a look. makes epic programing much faster. also has lots of analog options. number your own pigeon holes and much much more.

Guest tvron
Dear Pete,

Many thanks

Tony

a very easy way to do this is to not use epicinfo but a program called FS Communicator. it then talks direct to FSUIPC. the program allows you create your own qprocs by triggering a range. you read the off set, get the value then send the qproc to epic. give it a look. makes epic programing much faster. also has lots of analog options. number your own pigeon holes and much much more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tony Leaver

Dear Stuart & Tvron,

I did have #include epicvxd.inc at the top of my epic program but still no luck.

I have downloaded FScommunicator the Qproc definition looks very easy to use just, what I need, however I cannot get it to work properly with the ISA Epic card which I have. Are you using a USB version?

Many thanks

Tony

Guest Tony Leaver

Dear Stuart & Tvron,

I did have #include epicvxd.inc at the top of my epic program but still no luck.

I have downloaded FScommunicator the Qproc definition looks very easy to use just, what I need, however I cannot get it to work properly with the ISA Epic card which I have. Are you using a USB version?

Many thanks

Tony

Dear Stuart & Tvron,

Many thanks

Sorry, I have the EPIC USB. Ron.

Dear Stuart & Tvron,

Many thanks

Sorry, I have the EPIC USB. Ron.

Guest Tony Leaver

Hi Stuart,

I sat down and tried again with your epic code and have got it to do what I want, I had a little trouble with getting the jump instructions to do what they were supposed to do. In the end I used the deploy flaps epic switch input to 'Setpoint' the flaps output and the first part of your code to 'Clearpoint' the output.

Thanks again for your help, I am now that bit higher on the learning curve. next I am going to try a 250 feet low altitude warning output.

Best regards,

Tony

Guest Tony Leaver

Hi Stuart,

I sat down and tried again with your epic code and have got it to do what I want, I had a little trouble with getting the jump instructions to do what they were supposed to do. In the end I used the deploy flaps epic switch input to 'Setpoint' the flaps output and the first part of your code to 'Clearpoint' the output.

Thanks again for your help, I am now that bit higher on the learning curve. next I am going to try a 250 feet low altitude warning output.

Best regards,

Tony