The simFlight Network Forums

widefs/phoenix 747

hello folks i guess im not clear on how this program works, but i will take a shot at it.

with widefs can i use the advanced program pss/747 and put the extra components like , fsnavigator, fsmeteo, radar contac, and the most important of all , say like the over head panel can i display it on the second com, and also the pedestal, and radio panel etc.

im using three moniters now with one com and i ant to spread it out over three coms.

i know that with widview you can get more views , im concerned right now about instumentation.

i believe i have it hooked up correctly, i just dont know how to set it up.

Thanks........Camtech

with widefs can i use the advanced program pss/747 and put the extra components like , fsnavigator, fsmeteo, radar contac, and the most important of all , say like the over head panel can i display it on the second com, and also the pedestal, and radio panel etc.

FSMeteo and Radar Contact V3 -- yes.

FSNavigator, and panel components -- no.

The latter are not separate programs but only modules of FS and cannot run except inside FS. There are separate instrument sets, such as Project Magenta (payware) and FreeFD (freeware) which you could investigate. There are links on the Schiratti site.

Regards,

Pete

FSMeteo and Radar Contact V3 -- yes.

FSNavigator, and panel components -- no.

The latter are not separate programs but only modules of FS and cannot run except inside FS. There are separate instrument sets, such as Project Magenta (payware) and FreeFD (freeware) which you could investigate. There are links on the Schiratti site.

Regards,

Pete

Guest Bob Scott

My recommendation is that you consider a two (rather than three) PC configuration. Put your instrumentation on the server PC across 2-3 monitors, and use WideView (not WideFS) to have a second instance of FS generate your exterior view(s). Set the external display options all the way down on the server.

This keeps all the interlinked instruments and controls on one machine, with only one keyboard and mouse for control, and offloads the external view workload (arguably the biggest CPU load in FS) to another PC.

The PSS ScareBus A320 and Dash-8, as well as the Flight One Piper Meridian all allow individual zoomed windows of PFD, ND, and EICAS-EDSI...you can get very nice full-size flight displays this way.

Cheers

Bob Scott

ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

Guest Bob Scott

My recommendation is that you consider a two (rather than three) PC configuration. Put your instrumentation on the server PC across 2-3 monitors, and use WideView (not WideFS) to have a second instance of FS generate your exterior view(s). Set the external display options all the way down on the server.

This keeps all the interlinked instruments and controls on one machine, with only one keyboard and mouse for control, and offloads the external view workload (arguably the biggest CPU load in FS) to another PC.

The PSS ScareBus A320 and Dash-8, as well as the Flight One Piper Meridian all allow individual zoomed windows of PFD, ND, and EICAS-EDSI...you can get very nice full-size flight displays this way.

Cheers

Bob Scott

ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V