The simFlight Network Forums
Chris Keough

!0 plus hours and counting

Thanks for such a great pair of programs. Mytraffic is fantastic and it seems clear that a lot of people are having great success with the Editor. Not me however. After 5 hours last night and a further 5 tonight, I don't know where to go next.

What I wanted to do, for my first project, was to create Australian Airlines with their new 767-300ER VH-OGL. I downloaded the A/C from flightsim, noted the Title in the config fill ( I even noticed that Australian was spelt without the "r"), and then set up the Airline,and A/C ( incl. Series, My Types,My Planes etc). I then went to Schedule their flight AO-7913 from YBCG to YBCS then on to RJOO and return. By the way, after many tries I could not get the "Create my Schedule" to do anything meaningful after pressing "OK and continue". After doing all this I checked "Info-Departures" and my flight was in there. It was missing the last set of numbers most other flights (except the Lear jet) had if that means something. Anyway after "Create All Files and Trasffic" I then went and put the My Traffic. bgl over, fired up FS2002 and after much searching could not find my 767 at any of the three airports.

Any suggestions? As has been mentioned before, the Manual could use an update as although it may be clear to some, a lot of your customers must be getting frustrated (as I don't regard myself as a total idiot).

As it is 2340 in Syd I'm off to bed. I hope you can help

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late reply.

I think you might not be visiting the airports at the right time. Please note that all the times shown on the schedules are GMT and hence you would have calculate the off-set to find the local time. Try adjusting the time so that you are there roughly 10 mins before the aircraft is scheduled to depart. You should see it parked at one of the gates.