The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel weight

Pete...

with offset 0AF4 -- Fuel weight... I assume it adds up total fuel weight for aircraft... In FSInterrogate It shows #/256 lbs/gal, a 1715 as buffer and factored up 6.69922. Now I am trying to get exactly fuel weight for Left, Center and Right tank, how could I calculate it? Would I have to calculate it with L+C+R Fuel Cap Gal, Level?

Let me know

with offset 0AF4 -- Fuel weight... I assume it adds up total fuel weight for aircraft... In FSInterrogate It shows #/256 lbs/gal, a 1715 as buffer and factored up 6.69922. Now I am trying to get exactly fuel weight for Left, Center and Right tank, how could I calculate it? Would I have to calculate it with L+C+R Fuel Cap Gal, Level?

Well, I've never done this and it isn't an area I know about, but this is what I would theorise:

0AF4 is the factor for calculating fuel weight given capacity. At different altitudes and therefore different pressures the measured capacity will vary for the same weight, so that figure will change.

Use it together with the tank capacities and levels to calculate fuel weight in pounds, per tank, as you say.

Regards,

Pete

Well, I've never done this and it isn't an area I know about,

Well if you could... run FS, select jetliner aircraft such as 737, 747, or 777, select fuel from the aircraft menu. Then you would notice pounds of these three tanks (L+C+R). That's what I'm trying to figure out getting exact same thing into my VB appl.

0AF4 is the factor for calculating fuel weight given capacity. At different altitudes and therefore different pressures the measured capacity will vary for the same weight, so that figure will change.

So would offset 0B98-Cap Gallon, 0B94 Level, or reverse from my best memory (don't have offset table with me at work) change too based on different altitude?

Use it together with the tank capacities and levels to calculate fuel weight in pounds, per tank, as you say.

Uh-Oh that's going to be complicated... :? but I believe I would figure out somehow.

Well if you could... run FS, select jetliner aircraft such as 737, 747, or 777, select fuel from the aircraft menu. Then you would notice pounds of these three tanks (L+C+R). That's what I'm trying to figure out getting exact same thing into my VB appl.

Sorry, I know about indications in FS. I use Porject Magenta and have the same indications. I don't need to run FS. All I am saying is that I've never written a program to do what you want to do. You need to do that.

So would offset 0B98-Cap Gallon, 0B94 Level, or reverse from my best memory (don't have offset table with me at work) change too based on different altitude?

I wouldn't have thought the tank capacity would change with altitude. Why should it? The pressures can't be great enough to compress or expand the casings surely?

I really don't know in any case. Please use FSInterrogate and observe the levels as you climb or descend with fuel cut off.

Uh-Oh that's going to be complicated... :? but I believe I would figure out somehow.

It shouldn't be complicated, it's just simple arithmetic isn't it?

Regards,

Pete